Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Position Update & other Draft News « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 75

LuckyLarry

Pro Bowler

#15 : December 04, 2013, 03:29:26 AM

Bucs will probably pick between 6 and 10.

If Schiano keeps his job (I'd say it's 60/40 at this point that he does)....we aren't picking QB with that first rounder. I think we will pick a QB somewhere though.

FIRE SCHIANO!

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#16 : December 04, 2013, 12:53:49 PM

Im not convinced we win another game this season. I bet we finish picking top 3

Mayhem

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 04, 2013, 12:57:24 PM

If the Bucs pick Manziel, I will buy season tickets.   If they pick anyone else, I will not.

They have to take Manziel then!

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 04, 2013, 01:10:17 PM

If the Bucs pick Manziel, I will buy season tickets.   If they pick anyone else, I will not.

Even if we do get Manziel, do you think that he would stand a chance at beating out Glennon for the starting spot next year? Glennon is going to have a whole 7 months to improve.

micronole

Starter
#19 : December 04, 2013, 01:20:07 PM

We finish with 4 wins at most, and I think 3 is more likely. If we can't get Bridgewater, then take Clowney, Barr, or Matthews. If Glennon is not the answer after '14, try for Jameis or Mariota in '15.
: December 04, 2013, 01:24:55 PM micronole

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 04, 2013, 01:37:01 PM

If we can't get Bridgewater, then take Clowney, Barr, or Matthews.

If we are picking top 3 as you predict, and are not taking a QB, there is a great chance that we could trade back a few spots and gain a few high draft picks. Would you really take Barr, Clowney, or Matthews over a different guy plus more picks? Just curious.   

Personally, if I wanted a pass rushing LB....I would rather have Mack and an extra 1st round pick than Barr. If I wanted a DE, I'd take Trent Murphy and an extra 1st round pick over just Clowney. I'd also take Cameron Erving, Cyrus Kouandjio, or Taylor Lewan and an extra 1st round pick over Matthews if I was set on taking an OT.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 04, 2013, 01:38:31 PM

If we are picking top 3 as you predict, and are not taking a QB, there is a great chance that we could trade back a few spots and gain a few high draft picks. Would you really take Barr, Clowney, or Matthews over a different guy plus more picks? Just curious.   

Personally, if I wanted a pass rushing LB....I would rather have Mack and an extra 1st round pick than Barr. If I wanted a DE, I'd take Trent Murphy and an extra 1st round pick over just Clowney. I'd also take Cameron Erving, Cyrus Kouandjio, or Taylor Lewan and an extra 1st round pick over Matthews if I was set on taking an OT.

If you like the player then just take them there. With our luck we'll end up with a bunch of Sabby Piscitellis and Arrelious Benns.

Mayhem

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 04, 2013, 01:42:11 PM

If you like the player then just take them there. With our luck we'll end up with a bunch of Sabby Piscitellis and Arrelious Benns.

No no no. We'd get Reidel Anthony!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 04, 2013, 01:47:17 PM

If they have those three guys graded way higher than anyone they can get 5 picks later....then yeah. Take him. But if they have several players graded out very similarly, then it is always better to trade back and increase your odds with more picks.

micronole

Starter
#24 : December 04, 2013, 01:53:39 PM

Nothing wrong with trading back and getting as much talent as possible. If Clowney were off the board, I'd trade back if I knew I could get Mack or a solid OLineman. I would not pass up Clowney for Murphy.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 04, 2013, 01:55:32 PM

Only if we picked up Jacquez Green with the other pick.

Mayhem

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 04, 2013, 02:08:18 PM

Only if we picked up Jacquez Green with the other pick.

It was painful to watch those 2 on the field. I'm sad to admit it but I have an Anthony jersey in my closet. :(

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#27 : December 04, 2013, 02:42:17 PM

At this point I'd be happier with the better pick then a couple of wins this month. If we're picking top 3 then hopefully Schiano and staff are gone. Bridgewater wont be there for us so we'd keep Glennon and we'd be drafting Clowney or Barr. New coaches, Glennon, and Pass rush help is the best scenario.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : December 04, 2013, 03:13:25 PM

I'm not sure how anyone thinks a new head coach is gonna be ok with handcuffing himself to the last HC's 3rd round QB. I just don't see a scenario where that happens.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#29 : December 04, 2013, 03:20:20 PM

I'm not sure how anyone thinks a new head coach is gonna be ok with handcuffing himself to the last HC's 3rd round QB. I just don't see a scenario where that happens.

agree

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 75
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Position Update & other Draft News « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools