Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Position Update & other Draft News « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 75

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#585 : February 28, 2014, 03:25:55 PM

Well Watkins and Evans are clearly 1st round guys. Then there is a plethora of guys that can't all go in the first. Marquise Lee, Kelvin Benjamin, Brandon Cooks, O'Dell Beckham, Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson, Jordan Matthews, and Devante Adams.... There is going to be some 1st round talent at the WR position in the 2nd round.
Those first 4 are definitely going in the 1st and are pretty clearly a tier above the rest

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#586 : February 28, 2014, 03:28:29 PM

Well Watkins and Evans are clearly 1st round guys. Then there is a plethora of guys that can't all go in the first. Marquise Lee, Kelvin Benjamin, Brandon Cooks, O'Dell Beckham, Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson, Jordan Matthews, and Devante Adams.... There is going to be some 1st round talent at the WR position in the 2nd round.
Those first 4 are definitely going in the 1st and are pretty clearly a tier above the rest

That is your opinion but it isn't the consensus. There is great variance in WR rankings around the internet and I am sure the same can be said for team's draft boards. All I know for sure is there won't be 10 WRs drafted in the first 39 selections, so if we want a top notch WR prospect, we will have that option in the 2nd round.

Also, it is pretty rare for 6 WRs to go in the 1st round, and with such a deep class at that position, teams might wait for a WR and draft a position that has less depth and more drop off. Like safety for example.
: February 28, 2014, 03:30:08 PM JDouble

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#587 : February 28, 2014, 03:38:33 PM

I think you're underestimating how many teams in the middle-end of round 1 have a need for WR

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#588 : February 28, 2014, 03:56:40 PM

I think you're underestimating how many teams in the middle-end of round 1 have a need for WR

Everybody needs great receivers. My point is, say you need a safety too....you have have 10 WRs ranked as 1st/2nd round talents, and another 10 ranked as 2nd/3rd round talents, but you only have 2 safeties ranked as 1st/2nd round talents and then a drop off to the 4th/5th round talent.....wouldn't you take a top safety first? Knowing that you can still get a highly graded WR in the next round? I'm just using safety as an example, but the point remains the same with any position. WRs and CBs are pretty deep this year, while safety and pass rushers are not.....so I expect to see a run on pass rushers and safeties early in the top 50 picks....then there will probably be a huge run on WRs after that.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#589 : February 28, 2014, 03:59:44 PM

Everybody needs great receivers. My point is, say you need a safety too....you have have 10 WRs ranked as 1st/2nd round talents, and another 10 ranked as 2nd/3rd round talents, but you only have 2 safeties ranked as 1st/2nd round talents and then a drop off to the 4th/5th round talent.....wouldn't you take a top safety first? Knowing that you can still get a highly graded WR in the next round? I'm just using safety as an example, but the point remains the same with any position. WRs and CBs are pretty deep this year, while safety and pass rushers are not.....so I expect to see a run on pass rushers and safeties early in the top 50 picks....then there will probably be a huge run on WRs after that.
But if you're picking at the end of the draft are you going to hope that by the end of round 2 they will still be there? I don't think so. But we clearly just disagree about this so I guess we'll see

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#590 : February 28, 2014, 04:59:46 PM

It is true that teams need WR's since 3 WR sets are more popular, but most teams tend to take care of that during FA.  Drafting a WR in the first round, implies it is a major need and most playoff teams don't really have it as a major need for the most part.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#591 : February 28, 2014, 05:36:45 PM

It is true that teams need WR's since 3 WR sets are more popular, but most teams tend to take care of that during FA.  Drafting a WR in the first round, implies it is a major need and most playoff teams don't really have it as a major need for the most part.
49ers, Seattle, Broncos (Decker leaving likely), Panthers, Patriots, Packers

I'd say they're all in need of adding WR or replacing one.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#592 : February 28, 2014, 06:31:50 PM

Yeah after hearing about Macling and Cooper going off the market I wouldn't be surprised if it (WR UFA) dries up quickly. In your scenario it is plausible teams start a run late in the first on WR's.  Like RB, WR has diminished in value but it is still a popular pick for playoff contenders.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#593 : February 28, 2014, 06:43:19 PM

I think the Packers are still pretty set at WR with Nelson, Cobb, and Boykin. I don't really see them as a team that is likely to go WR in the 1st. If they did go offense, it would probably be for a top TE.

I really doubt the Broncos do either. Even if Decker does leave, they have Welker, D. Thomas, and J. Thomas. That is more than most teams have and with Peyton at the helm they really don't need to invest in another WR that early. He makes average guys look great. They need defensive help big time and John Fox will likely go that route.

Seattle, Panthers, and Patriots could go WR though.

Law-Buc

Starter
#594 : March 02, 2014, 03:16:16 AM

Your score is: 4974 (Drafting Ability: B+, Player Quality A, Future Draft Picks: N/A)

Your Picks:
 Round 1 Pick 9 (BUF): Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson (A)
 Round 2 Pick 6: Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State (A)
 Round 2 Pick 13 (DET): Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington (A)
 Round 3 Pick 9 (BUF): Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor (A-)
 Round 3 Pick 10 (NYG): Telvin Smith, OLB, Florida State (A)
 Round 3 Pick 17 (MIA): Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois (A)
 Round 4 Pick 4: JaWuan James, OT, Tennessee (B+)
 Round 4 Pick 16 (MIA): E.J. Gaines, CB, Missouri (B)
 Round 5 Pick 10 (JAX): Bryan Stork, C, Florida State (A)
 Round 5 Pick 15 (MIA): James Wilder Jr., RB, Florida State (B+)
 Round 7 Pick 6: Anthony Fera, K, Texas (A)
 Round 7 Pick 7 (JAX): Aaron Lynch, DE, South Florida (B+)

Your Future Picks:
 2015 Round 1 Pick
 2016 Round 1 Pick

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#595 : March 02, 2014, 04:40:27 PM

would be awesome if things could actually work out this way in the real world. id crap if we ended up with this draft

Your score is: 4521 (Drafting Ability: B-, Player Quality A, Future Draft Picks: N/A)

Your Picks:
 Round 1 Pick 18 (NYJ): Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina (A)
 Round 2 Pick 6: Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State (A)
 Round 2 Pick 11 (NYG): Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State (B+)
 Round 2 Pick 19 (CHI): Odell Beckham, WR, LSU (A)
 Round 3 Pick 5 (NYJ): Kareem Martin, DE, North Carolina (B)
 Round 3 Pick 12 (DET): Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech (A)
 Round 3 Pick 16 (NYJ): Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas (A)
 Round 3 Pick 19 (CLE): Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois (A)
 Round 4 Pick 4: Jaylen Watkins, CB, Florida (B-)
 Round 4 Pick 6 (CLE): Christian Jones, ILB, Florida State (B-)
 Round 4 Pick 11 (DET): Devonta Freeman, RB, Florida State (A)
 Round 5 Pick 3: Antone Exum, CB, Virginia Tech (C)
 Round 7 Pick 6: Cornelius Lucas, OT, Kansas State (E)
 Round 7 Pick 12 (DET): Cody Hoffman, WR, Brigham Young (C-)

Law-Buc

Starter
#596 : March 02, 2014, 06:33:51 PM

Your score is: 5165 (Drafting Ability: A-, Player Quality A, Future Draft Picks: N/A)

Your Picks:
 Round 1 Pick 8 (MINN): Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson (A)
 Round 2 Pick 6: Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State (A)
 Round 2 Pick 16 (BALT): Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State (A)
 Round 3 Pick 15 (BALT): Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington (A)
 Round 4 Pick 18 (PITT): Daniel McCullers, DT, Tennessee (A)
 Round 5 Pick 7 (ATL): Bryan Stork, C, Florida State (A)
 Round 5 Pick 17 (PITT): E.J. Gaines, CB, Missouri (A)
 Round 6 Pick 18 (BALT): Chris Boswell, K, Rice (A)
 Round 6 Pick 32 (SEA): Aaron Lynch, DE, South Florida (B)
 Round 7 Pick 6: Marion Grice, RB, Arizona State (A)
 Round 7 Pick 21 (G.B.): Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma (C-)

Your Future Picks:
 2015 Round 1 Pick
 2016 Round 1 Pick

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#597 : March 03, 2014, 04:12:31 AM

Linebackers I think I've found,

Tyler Starr, honestly, I didn't find much highlights of him, but he's got stats; I'm trying to keep an eye on him.

Jeremiah George, Morgan Breslin, Khari Fortt(I think I've heard people mention that because he's a California guy, you just know Tedford and the bucs know about him; I've found some highlights, and I'm excited . . .), Lamin Barrow(honestly, I need to see some more of him; but, I suppose I've seen enough to at least give him a chance), Howard Jones(I wasn't able to find any video on him; but I hear he has stats and physical ability . . . a little undersized), Shayne Skov(I'm sure you've all heard of him and really all the rest I'll jot down here), Marcus Smith(here's a new name for me . . . I just checked out the linebackers tonight . . . and a guy I'm really liking), Chris Borland(people are saying he's another Mason Foster; well, why get rid of Foster anyways?  I don't think he's that slow.  When drafting, you're hoping for good players up and down the draft; get the faster good football players on top of the draft, and then draft the slower great football players when available at the lower end; if Borland is the best available when we pick later in the draft, why not draft him?), Trevor Reilly, Kyle Van Noy, Ryan Shazier

These are lower rounders that I haven't heard many people talking about.  There's others that I'm sure have been mentioned. Dee Ford I consider an De or 3-4 nightmare. I saw a De mentioned while checking out Howard Jones, DE Zach Moore Concordia St. Paul

Dire Straits - Ride Across The River,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4T1MQGTV9U

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#598 : March 04, 2014, 01:49:10 PM

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 9m
Hmmmm: Houston Texans HC Bill O'Brien at Northwestern for Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo's Pro Day.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#599 : March 05, 2014, 02:35:30 PM

Don't know if list was posted:

BucS met with the following guys at the combine.

Lamin Barrow%, LB, LSU (COM) (SR)
Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida (COM)
Aaron Donald, DL, Pittsburgh (COM)
Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois (EW)
Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M (COM)
Greg Robinson, OL, Auburn (PRI)
Billy Turner, OL, North Dakota State (PRI)

Making some assumptions based on the positions (and number of) met with - one could hypothetically see this is a 'need' list in priority order:

1 - QB (3) Looked at two first rounders and one 2/3 rounder
2 - OL (2) Looked at 1 first rounder and one 4th rounder.
3- then the Defenders...

So - first priority is a QB...   ?

(it's the offseason  - and I'm bored)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 75
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Position Update & other Draft News « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools