Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lol, Easier Than Buying Beer . . . . « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 22, 2013, 07:29:30 PM

The information Illum posted about the number of mass shootings since the 80's, the number of crimes committed with handguns as opposed to the feared "assault rifles" you go on and on about, you ignore all of that information. You're also guilty of not even knowing what an actual assault rifle is, so it's interesting that you talk about them so much. I'm not a gun guy as I've said many times, so I couldn't list the differences between a rifle or assault rifle either, so this isn't an attack on your ignorance on the matter. But you absolutely ignore what people post and you've always done it.

I'm not interested in any kind of debate, just know that your reputation on here is your own doing. It's clear from your posts that you believe everyone else is the problem, I'm telling you as fact that's not the case. I don't even generally like some of the people you constantly argue with, but right is right and far more often than not they are and you aren't.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 22, 2013, 07:37:16 PM

The information Illum posted about the number of mass shootings since the 80's, the number of crimes committed with handguns as opposed to the feared "assault rifles" you go on and on about, you ignore all of that information. You're also guilty of not even knowing what an actual assault rifle is, so it's interesting that you talk about them so much.

lol, right ... thanks for the lecture, it means something to me

(the first two sentence show you're not paying attention or just trolling)

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 22, 2013, 10:31:08 PM

OMG . . .  .. FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.armslist.com/posts/2453480/chattanooga-tennessee-rifles-for-sale--ruger-assault-rifle

Manufacturer: Ruger
Caliber: 223/5.56 NATO
Action: Semi-automatic
Firearm Type: Rifle 
I have a brand new with the box Ruger assault rifle. I have factory 5 round clip and magpie 30 round magazine.
"

This gun owner must not read wikipedia  ::)

Freaking Dishonest Idiot

"Assault rifle" on the other hand, has a very specific definition. It must be able to switch between single fire and fully automatic fire. ANY weapon capable of fully automatic fire that was not manufactured and registered prior to 1986 requires you to submit a form 4 to the BATF. If you receive a permit, which you probably won't, it takes about three months. This is not the standard criminal background check for regular non automatic or semi automatic firearm purchases.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/national-firearms-act-firearms.html

lol
: December 22, 2013, 10:34:36 PM VinBucFan

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 22, 2013, 10:37:45 PM

Oh, and its a good thing this guy is just a "private seller":

http://www.armslist.com/classifieds/search?relatedto=2453480

LISTINGS BY USER

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2013

FS: Rock River Assault Pistol $ 1,500 ROCK RIVER ASSAULT PISTOL WITH SIG FOREARM ASSIST ...CHATTANOOGA
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2013

FS: Ruger Assault Rifle $ 1,200 I HAVE A BRAND NEW WITH THE BOX RUGER ASSAULT RIFL...CHATTANOOGA
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 16, 2013

FS: Colt Pre/Ban AR/15 ,Assualt Rifle ,H/Bar $ 2,500 I HAVE A LIKE NEW ,PRE/BAN COLT H/BAR ASSAULT RIFL...CHATTANOOGA
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2013

FS: Browning Safari Grade BAR With BOSS $ 1,100 BROWNING BAR, SAFARI GRADE, WITH BOSS SYSTEM IN 30...CHATTANOOGA

FS: Ruger New Assault Rifle $ 1,100 BRAND NEW WITH THE BOX RUGER 223/NATO 5.62 ASSAULT...CHATTANOOGA
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 03, 2013

FS: Pre-Ban Colt H-Bar $ 2,700 JUST LIKE BRAND NEW COLT PRE/BAR H/BAR ASSUALT RIF...CHATTANOOGA

FS: Browning Safari Grade BAR With BOSS $ 1,200 I HAVE A BROWNING SAFARI GRADE BAR WITH BOSS, 300 ...CHATTANOOGA
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 02, 2013

FS: Roger NIB Mini 14 $ 1,200 BRAND NEW RUGER MINI 14 ,WITH 2 STOCKS ,2 30 RD MA...CHATTANOOGA
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2013

FS: Per/Ban Colt AR 15 H-Bar $ 3,000 I HAVE A LIKE NEW COLT AR 15 H/BAR SPORTIER. SOLID...CHATTANOOGA
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2013

FS: Sig Sauer 45 Cap $ 800 SIG SAUER P220 45 CAP SEMI AUTO PISTOL. AWESOME PI...CHATTANOOGA

its just his "collection" . . .  he's not a vendor

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 22, 2013, 10:42:14 PM

Lots of idiots on Armslist, I guess . ..  . THIRTEEN pages of "assault rifles" for sale online:

http://www.armslist.com/classifieds/search?location=usa&category=all&search=assault+rifle

lmao . . . false advertising bastards!

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 23, 2013, 03:51:28 AM

"Action: Semi-automatic"

Lol.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 23, 2013, 08:13:25 AM

"Action: Semi-automatic"

Lol.

Apparently gun owners are liars ....lol

So let's recap: Illuminator exposes himself as a liar ... And then tries (unsuccessfully) to run from his lie with more nonsense and lies.

Yep, that sums it up.

Happy holidays to all. Don't buy any of those assault rifles because they're not really assault rifles. Lmao

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#37 : December 23, 2013, 08:17:12 AM

Oh, I almost forgot. Illuminator's holiday wish for you all:

"Less guns equals less gun violence, but that does not mean more guns equals more gun violence"

Lol. 3-2=1 but 1+2 does not equal 3. Gun math. Intellectually and morally corrupt gun math by Illuminator.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 23, 2013, 12:27:36 PM

This is a good time to say a few words about content vs. process. Content is the words used in a conversation, process is what the conversation is actually about. In a normal, "healthy" conversation, content and process are the same. But the more dysfunctional one or more participants in the conversation is, the further apart content and process become.

In any type of abusive relationship, content varies widely, but process remains the same. The purpose is always to instill self doubt. "Why do you always make me..." It doesn't really matter what follows, that is merely content. The process, the true intent of the conversation, is already established in the first six words. This is an example of blame shifting, in which an abuser shifts responsibility for their abusive actions onto the person they are abusing. People who suffer long term exposure to this wide disparity between content and process learn to think within that framework themselves.

Go back and reexamine this thread. Ignore the content and look at the process. When only one person at a time would respond to him, and insisted on sticking to the subject (content), Vin started to abandon the conversation. When forced to stick to content in a one on one match, his argument is untenable and he loses. His repeated attempts at switching the conversation to personal attacks failed and his participation declined. But when more people become involved, it's much easier to devolve the conversation into a mud slinging contest. And no one ever really wins a mud slinging contest - and no one ever really loses, as long as they don't give up. At that point, content is irrelevant, process is everything. The process in this case is internal narrative. In his mind, Vin is the hero that's holding his own against multiple opponents. He's outnumbered, so he doesn't have to win to feed his ego, he just has to not lose. And he almost never loses because he's so willing to lie and engage in denial. He rids himself of guilt for his dishonest behavior by projecting it onto others. We've seen this multiple times, as soon as he feels guilt about something he accused someone else of it. So as long as he doesn't quit, he sees himself as winning. And that's why he's obsessed with me, and why he's trying so hard to get me into a mud slinging contest again; I'm the only one who's ever beat him down to the point of quitting. "Can't talk, football."

So why do people become obsessed with process to the point that content becomes secondary? Sometimes, content itself provides a clue. If you look at Benchwarmer's obsession, and focus strictly on process, you can see that in his internal narrative he's vanquishing a father figure. This is a repetition compulsion. The subject has suffered some sort of psychic trauma that they were unable to resolve. So they bury that pain and never consciously acknowledge it. Then, they subconsciously recreate those same conditions over and over in an attempt to resolve that trauma. One of the more obvious examples of this is the cheatin ho. She has an unacknowledged sexual attraction to her father figure and a love/hate relationship with him. She subconsciously recreates this scene over and over. She seduces new men, then when they become attached to her she abandons them. This is partially a vindictive revenge, and partially because once she has "conquered" them, they no longer fulfill her requirements for a father figure that she is unable to conquer. Such women will go their entire lives and never see the pattern they are following, instead seeing themselves as "victims" of love.

And what of our little Vin here? Well when I look at him I clearly see an outcast little boy, brutally castigated by his peers, who has become a grown man recreating that same psychic trauma over and over. Pull your head out of your ass son, it's time to grow up. If you can't do it by yourself, go get some professional help. It's either that or spend the rest of your life in a hell of your own creation.
: December 23, 2013, 12:34:58 PM Bucfucious

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#39 : December 23, 2013, 01:38:56 PM

This is a good time to say a few words about content vs. process. Content is the words used in a conversation, process is what the conversation is actually about. In a normal, "healthy" conversation, content and process are the same. But the more dysfunctional one or more participants in the conversation is, the further apart content and process become.

In any type of abusive relationship, content varies widely, but process remains the same. The purpose is always to instill self doubt. "Why do you always make me..." It doesn't really matter what follows, that is merely content. The process, the true intent of the conversation, is already established in the first six words. This is an example of blame shifting, in which an abuser shifts responsibility for their abusive actions onto the person they are abusing. People who suffer long term exposure to this wide disparity between content and process learn to think within that framework themselves.

Go back and reexamine this thread. Ignore the content and look at the process. When only one person at a time would respond to him, and insisted on sticking to the subject (content), Vin started to abandon the conversation. When forced to stick to content in a one on one match, his argument is untenable and he loses. His repeated attempts at switching the conversation to personal attacks failed and his participation declined. But when more people become involved, it's much easier to devolve the conversation into a mud slinging contest. And no one ever really wins a mud slinging contest - and no one ever really loses, as long as they don't give up. At that point, content is irrelevant, process is everything. The process in this case is internal narrative. In his mind, Vin is the hero that's holding his own against multiple opponents. He's outnumbered, so he doesn't have to win to feed his ego, he just has to not lose. And he almost never loses because he's so willing to lie and engage in denial. He rids himself of guilt for his dishonest behavior by projecting it onto others. We've seen this multiple times, as soon as he feels guilt about something he accused someone else of it. So as long as he doesn't quit, he sees himself as winning. And that's why he's obsessed with me, and why he's trying so hard to get me into a mud slinging contest again; I'm the only one who's ever beat him down to the point of quitting. "Can't talk, football."

So why do people become obsessed with process to the point that content becomes secondary? Sometimes, content itself provides a clue. If you look at Benchwarmer's obsession, and focus strictly on process, you can see that in his internal narrative he's vanquishing a father figure. This is a repetition compulsion. The subject has suffered some sort of psychic trauma that they were unable to resolve. So they bury that pain and never consciously acknowledge it. Then, they subconsciously recreate those same conditions over and over in an attempt to resolve that trauma. One of the more obvious examples of this is the cheatin ho. She has an unacknowledged sexual attraction to her father figure and a love/hate relationship with him. She subconsciously recreates this scene over and over. She seduces new men, then when they become attached to her she abandons them. This is partially a vindictive revenge, and partially because once she has "conquered" them, they no longer fulfill her requirements for a father figure that she is unable to conquer. Such women will go their entire lives and never see the pattern they are following, instead seeing themselves as "victims" of love.

And what of our little Vin here? Well when I look at him I clearly see an outcast little boy, brutally castigated by his peers, who has become a grown man recreating that same psychic trauma over and over. Pull your head out of your ass son, it's time to grow up. If you can't do it by yourself, go get some professional help. It's either that or spend the rest of your life in a hell of your own creation.

I am happy to be your curtain Oh Great and Powerful Oz.

lol at the fragile little wizard

Less guns in the wrong hands decreases gun violence. .

. Anyone telling you that "MORE GUNS = MORE GUN VIOLENCE" is just flat out wrong, and likely an inbred, bucktoothed halfwit with penis breath and a mullet."
: December 23, 2013, 01:48:29 PM VinBucFan

spartan

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 23, 2013, 01:53:06 PM

Or they are marketing to the dumb ass crowd who wouldn't know one end of a gun to another. Wonder who that could be?

The name of that thing is a Rugers Mini 14 Ranch autoloading rifle.
: December 23, 2013, 01:56:46 PM spartan

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#41 : December 23, 2013, 01:58:38 PM

Or they are marketing to the dumb ass crowd who wouldn't know one end of a gun to another. Wonder who that could be?

The name of that thing is a Rugers Mini 14 Ranch autoloading rifle.

take your complaint to the GUN DEALER who called it an assault rifle in his own add.  Lol. You cant have it both ways. The gun dealer (don't give me "private seller") chooses those words for a reason.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 23, 2013, 02:00:56 PM

Yes, that very same reason that Spartan just pointed out.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 23, 2013, 02:18:09 PM

Yes, that very same reason that Spartan just pointed out.

"pay no attention to that . . .  . "

lol, happy holidays

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 23, 2013, 02:41:08 PM

The counselor seems to be drifting farther away from reality. Does anyone get where he's trying to go with the 'Great and Powerful Oz' theme? He's mentioned it quite a few times now. I just watched that movie again a few weeks ago, and I'm not really seeing the insult. Where is the connection? Did the kids in the schoolyard all call him Dorothy? Does he want to go back to Kansas? Is he afraid of monkeys? Maybe he thinks I look like James Franco and he's hitting on me?

Can anyone explain?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lol, Easier Than Buying Beer . . . . « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools