Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stop & FRISK "success" . . . for now . . . . in Chicago « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 18, 2013, 01:37:00 PM

I think the article shows that removing firearms from the bad guys dramatically reduces gun violence and murder, not simply removing firearms.

So, by "gun logic"  . . . .there are two different worlds? removing guns from "bad guys" "dramatically reduces gun violence" BUT removing guns from "good guys" doesn't do anything to reduce gun violence? . . .because "good guys" never use gun for violence, never have family members injured by their guns for violence etc.?

Btw, where do the Gangs of Chicago get those guns?  Are you suggesting that those guns in those gang members hands came from, say, the Russian mob? Or did they start into the stream of commerce as LEGAL guns? Notice you didn't address that

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 18, 2013, 01:53:32 PM

One day in a Chicago schoolyard...

two days in the life of Illuminator:

Less guns in the wrong hands decreases gun violence. .

. Anyone telling you that "MORE GUNS = MORE GUN VIOLENCE" is just flat out wrong, and likely an inbred, bucktoothed halfwit with penis breath and a mullet."

Illuminator, the self-styled intellectual does not like that he outed himself as a dishonest "inbred, bucktoothed halfwit with penis breath and a mullet."  The 300 lb gorilla, who runs around the Red Board to show everyone how smart he is, . . .  is really a teeny weeny squeaky little mouse.
: December 18, 2013, 02:04:45 PM VinBucFan

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 18, 2013, 02:09:11 PM

Bill Burr on gun ownership:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f1e_1346056198

spartan

Hall of Famer
#33 : December 18, 2013, 02:23:50 PM

So, by "gun logic"  . . . .there are two different worlds? removing guns from "bad guys" "dramatically reduces gun violence" BUT removing guns from "good guys" doesn't do anything to reduce gun violence? . . .because "good guys" never use gun for violence, never have family members injured by their guns for violence etc.?

Btw, where do the Gangs of Chicago get those guns?  Are you suggesting that those guns in those gang members hands came from, say, the Russian mob? Or did they start into the stream of commerce as LEGAL guns? Notice you didn't address that

Yea, my "gun logic" tells me that taking guns away from the bad guys is a lot more effective than taking guns away from the good guys.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 18, 2013, 03:00:41 PM

Yea, my "gun logic" tells me that taking guns away from the bad guys is a lot more effective than taking guns away from the good guys.

"a lot more effective" - so it is NOT that removing the guns from the "good guys" does nothing to reduce gun violence, it just has a lesser impact then removing gun from the "bad guys". . . . that's fair enough . . . less guns = less gun violence . . . . lots of agreement here today!  Progress

should I try a 3rd time and ask where those bad guys got those guns? Nah, we all know . . . .they started their gun life as "legal" guns in the hands of "good guys"

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 18, 2013, 03:03:29 PM

Bill Burr on gun ownership:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f1e_1346056198

Illuminator on gun ownership:

. Anyone telling you that "MORE GUNS = MORE GUN VIOLENCE" is just flat out wrong, and likely an inbred, bucktoothed halfwit with penis breath and a mullet."

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 18, 2013, 03:07:22 PM

How do you know when Illuminator is REALLY MAD that he made himself look like a fool?  Simple, watch the threads appear:

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1307619.0.html

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1306074.195.html

LMAO at your thin, thin, thin skin little Illuminator. And not even owning that you recalled that thread because YOU MAD:

Whatever happened to John Galt?? Haven't seen him in a while.

LMAO. Don't be mad at me Illum, its not my fault you are a now exposed Charlatan:

: December 18, 2013, 03:15:40 PM VinBucFan

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 18, 2013, 03:15:57 PM

The flaw in your argument is the assumption that "less guns in the wrong hands" is synonymous with "less guns." It is not. The vast majority of gun owners are law abiding citizens.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 18, 2013, 03:23:36 PM

The flaw in your argument is the assumption that "less guns in the wrong hands" is synonymous with "less guns." It is not. The vast majority of gun owners are law abiding citizens.

lol, five hours and that is what you come up with? LMAO ..  . . The Great and Powerful Illuminator!!!

There are guns in the "right hands" and gun in the "wrong hands" and together they equal Total Guns, but if we subtract from the guns in the "wrong hands" there are not less Total Guns

ROFLMAO . . .  Illuminator you are more of a joke than even I thought

You might want to go back to bumping old threads . .  or maybe get CBW to give you a lesson in distracting from your own Intellectual Dishonesty because . ..  YOU SUCK at it.
: December 18, 2013, 03:28:49 PM VinBucFan

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#39 : December 18, 2013, 03:41:09 PM

The flaw in your argument is the assumption that "less guns in the wrong hands" is synonymous with "less guns." It is not.

Vin:  "There were 25 guns on a Chicago block and the police picked up 5 of them, how many guns were left Little Illum?"

Illum:   "Um . . .  20, sir?"

Vin:  "Good job little Illum, now the tough question: is 20 more or LESS than 25?"

Illum:  "Um . . . well its not less .. .  he he . .20 is not less than 25"

(ROFLMAO  .... . Pathetic attempt to cover your intellectually dishonest tracks Illuminator-- CBW, get in here and teach this clown a lesson!)

spartan

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 18, 2013, 04:13:18 PM

lol, five hours and that is what you come up with? LMAO ..  . . The Great and Powerful Illuminator!!!

There are guns in the "right hands" and gun in the "wrong hands" and together they equal Total Guns, but if we subtract from the guns in the "wrong hands" there are not less Total Guns

You might want to go back to bumping old threads . .  or maybe get CBW to give you a lesson in distracting from your own Intellectual Dishonesty because . ..  YOU SUCK at it.

I happen to agree with him. Your argument is synonymous as saying everybody with a wine glass is a drunk.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#41 : December 18, 2013, 04:45:04 PM

I happen to agree with him. Your argument is synonymous as saying everybody with a wine glass is a drunk.

lol, no its not  Spartan . . . that's ridiculous.

My argument has always been straightforward and undeniable . . even though you guys all deny it, until you let your guard down.  The reason gun violence drops in the city with stop & frisk is in the largest part because the "frisk" portion removes guns from the street . . . less guns = less violence. Because there is a lot of gun violence in the city the change is often dramatic, but the same would hold true in suburban America . . . its just . . as you acknowledged Spartan . . the change wouldn't be as dramatic  . .  BUT that is because the level of violence in suburbia isn't as dramatic to begin with, not because a rule of logic only applies to the city . . lol . .  that is what makes Illuminator's comment hilarious and dumb

It's amazing to me that you guys (gun advocates) are so worried that any concession is tantamount to turning over your guns that you try so hard to deny the obvious . . in  a message board discussion, no less.  Because it is an obvious and undeniable truth that less guns equals less gun violence, "you guys" (gun advocates) occasionally step in it like Illuminator did and then you spend post after post qualifying your comments, parsing and backpedaling . . .  or, in the case of Illuminator . . getting MAD (lol) . .  and digging up old threads to distract from the fact that he is not as bright as he pretends . . .  . just kidding

less guns OBVIOUSLY equals less gun violence. That does not means there are not responsible gun owners Spartan, but neither does it mean the gun violence is limited to criminals.

Btw, there is a reason that you and Illuminator don't even want to touch my question about where criminals get guns . .. . because I am right.  Illegal guns start of as legal guns that the gun manufacturers sell in the million . . in part, by creating a vast secondary market by lobbying  Congress for private sale and online and gun show loopholes to background checks.  These things are ALL related   ..  and while I have no doubt that you have a sincere belief in the 2nd Amendment . . and I respect that . . those gun makers use people like you .. .  so they can keep selling "legal" guns that become "illegal guns."

spartan

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 18, 2013, 07:06:28 PM

The reason gun violence drops in the city with stop & frisk is in the largest part because the "frisk" portion removes guns from the street . . . less guns = less violence.

The reason why gun violence drops in the city with stop and frisk is because the "frisk" portion removes guns from the BAD guys. Those who have a propensity to commit violent acts and by and large responsible for most of the murders committed. The "frisk" portion is not allowed to remove guns from the "good" guys; a.k.a those who are legally in possession of a gun.

less guns OBVIOUSLY equals less gun violence. That does not means there are not responsible gun owners Spartan, but neither does it mean the gun violence is limited to criminals.

I agree with you 100%, but responsible gun owners are culpable for very little of the gun violence. There are some people who go postal or have a domestic, but statistically speaking in terms of the numbers of people injured or killed, the bad guys do a lot more damage.

I am also on record in saying there is only 1 solution and that is, whether you concede it to be true or not, your preferred solution of banning all guns outside of Law Enforcement and the military. But, the 2nd Amendment aside, the number of innocent people who would die before most firearms were off the streets has never been addressed. The bad guys, as this report shows, will still find a way to get them, and knowing their victims are unarmed, I'm confident would take advantage of their predicament.

For the record, I own 2 of these, just in case, so think just how difficult it will be to get all those guns off the streets:

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 18, 2013, 07:49:01 PM

Spartan, only nervous gun owners talk about the gun problem in this country in terms of a singular "solution." The rest of the world does not buy into the false dichotomy that you guys set up, that there is either a "solution" or nothing.  That's nonsense and self-serving nonsense at that. There are a lot of lives to save between zero and 30,000 per year and a lot of guns to reduce between zero and 300 million.  The police have not stopped ALL gun violence on the streets of Chicago. They have REDUCED gun violence by reducing the number of guns.

Even more absurd than the false dichotomy above is the notion that logic is limited by geography. lol. Let's call that the Illuminator Principle - the notion that reducing guns only reduces gun violence within the city limits. LOL, sound absurd as I type it. Reducing guns reduces gun violence PERIOD . . . whether in the city or the countryside. The Newtown killer had access to an arsenal, the guy that walked into a school in Atlanta got his assault rifle from an acquaintance.  Access matters

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#44 : December 18, 2013, 09:27:39 PM

lol @ you suckers .......
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Stop & FRISK "success" . . . for now . . . . in Chicago « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools