Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Position Update & other Draft News « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 58 59 60

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#885 : April 16, 2014, 04:43:23 PM

Would you trade all of 2002 and 2003 draft picks to move up for Julius Peppers in the 2002 draft? Yea without question you would. So, if all it took was our 2015 first round pick to swap first round picks with St. Louis this year would you do it?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#886 : April 16, 2014, 04:55:41 PM

Would you trade all of 2002 and 2003 draft picks to move up for Julius Peppers in the 2002 draft? Yea without question you would. So, if all it took was our 2015 first round pick to swap first round picks with St. Louis this year would you do it?

You are assuming that Clowney is as good as Peppers which is a big assumption. I've never seen anyone so overhyped in my life. Take a step back and ask yourself what Clowney has actually done? Seems to me he has one outstanding year, was named god, and hasn't done sh!t since. Everything points to this kid being a lazy prima donna who loves money more than football. Your Peppers comparison holds some water because Peppers also had some work ethic question marks and he managed to overcome that and have a great a career. Maybe Clowney does the same....but to make the assumption that Clowney is going to be as good as Peppers is a mistake. A mistake that almost everyone seems to be making.

Draft Aaron Donald

acacius

Hall of Famer

#887 : April 17, 2014, 11:26:57 AM

We're a rough team to make that comparison for - we had crap for draft picks in 2002 and 2003 because of the Gruden trade.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#888 : April 17, 2014, 02:11:39 PM

You are assuming that Clowney is as good as Peppers which is a big assumption. I've never seen anyone so overhyped in my life. Take a step back and ask yourself what Clowney has actually done? Seems to me he has one outstanding year, was named god, and hasn't done sh!t since. Everything points to this kid being a lazy prima donna who loves money more than football. Your Peppers comparison holds some water because Peppers also had some work ethic question marks and he managed to overcome that and have a great a career. Maybe Clowney does the same....but to make the assumption that Clowney is going to be as good as Peppers is a mistake. A mistake that almost everyone seems to be making.

I think it's safe to say that Clowney is the best DE prospect since Peppers, easily. Maybe I should have worded the question differently. I wouldn't think twice about giving up the 2015 first round pick to move up for Clowney.

seanbassak

Starter

#889 : April 17, 2014, 03:11:17 PM

I'd make that trade as long as we can keep our 2nd and 3rd this year and only move up for the extra 1.

\\\\\\\"Not living, just killing time\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#890 : April 17, 2014, 08:41:53 PM

I think it's safe to say that Clowney is the best DE prospect since Peppers, easily. Maybe I should have worded the question differently. I wouldn't think twice about giving up the 2015 first round pick to move up for Clowney.

Again, I think you are making a huge assumption. Let's come back to this in 2 or 3 years and see just how good Clowney is.

Draft Aaron Donald

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#891 : April 17, 2014, 09:29:54 PM

The better question would be, how confident is Lovie that he could turn Clowney into the player he has the potential of being?  Clowney has the physical abilities to be a hall of famer, so if Lovie is sure he could do it, wouldn't he consider doing whatever it takes to get him?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#892 : April 17, 2014, 09:43:18 PM

I am ecstatic that Lovie is our coach and I have the utmost respect for him....but no coach, no matter how good, can make a lazy self absorbed player become a team first guy with a great work ethic. You either want it or you don't. Nobody can make you want it.

To me, Clowney is a guy that has always been bigger and faster than everyone else. It's always come easy and he's always gotten special treatment. I have serious doubts that he will suddenly put his noes to the grindstone and work harder than everyone else once he gets to the NFL and gets $20M+ guaranteed in his pocket. The guy is gonna do the bare minimum and get by on his natural abilities like he always has. When the going gets tough he will tap out just like he did in college.

Draft Aaron Donald

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#893 : April 17, 2014, 10:51:23 PM

I am ecstatic that Lovie is our coach and I have the utmost respect for him....but no coach, no matter how good, can make a lazy self absorbed player become a team first guy with a great work ethic. You either want it or you don't. Nobody can make you want it.

To me, Clowney is a guy that has always been bigger and faster than everyone else. It's always come easy and he's always gotten special treatment. I have serious doubts that he will suddenly put his noes to the grindstone and work harder than everyone else once he gets to the NFL and gets $20M+ guaranteed in his pocket. The guy is gonna do the bare minimum and get by on his natural abilities like he always has. When the going gets tough he will tap out just like he did in college.

NFL scouts and GMs are asking that very same question. It's the only real question regarding Clowney.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#894 : April 18, 2014, 12:17:55 AM

Yup Clowney strikes me as one of those guys who got by on athletic ability alone and will have no clue or desire to succeed after that big payday

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#895 : April 18, 2014, 11:23:19 AM

I wonder how much watching teammate Marcus Lattimore get injured in college and losing out on millions played into his head. Not saying it's ok but I can't really hate on the guy for thinking about his future. Not like he was jet setting around the world partying with celebs, taking money, and slapping around grad assistants..

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#896 : April 18, 2014, 11:33:58 AM

Nah. He was just giving half ass effort all year, playing when he felt like it, and fugging over his coach and teammates. Everyone risks injury while in college, but for some reason people tend to make excuses for Clowney. Like it was somehow acceptable for him to put himself before the team and act like a primadonna. I just don't get it.

Draft Aaron Donald

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#897 : April 18, 2014, 11:46:30 AM

I wonder how much watching teammate Marcus Lattimore get injured in college and losing out on millions played into his head. Not saying it's ok but I can't really hate on the guy for thinking about his future.

I don't see how it couldn't have impacted his mindset. He didn't want to be there, he wanted to go out last year, so it wasn't for the love of USC or love college football that he returned, he just had no option. Even if you didn't want to let it affect you, it would be hard to just forget what happened to Lattimore.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Tampafan8251

Starter
#898 : April 18, 2014, 06:09:17 PM

https://vine.co/v/MM3Bnv2qhgX

Should we take this guy? lol
Page: 1 ... 58 59 60
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Draft Position Update & other Draft News « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools