Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2014 NFL Offseason (Free Agency & Trades) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 72 73 74

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#1095 : April 22, 2014, 10:33:08 AM

lol... Lately?

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#1096 : April 22, 2014, 10:38:45 AM

I think Pryor had a bit of the "Tebow" effect going on in Oakland. By that I mean he was creating divisions in the fanbase and locker room because of his popularity, but he wasn't going to start. Not his fault, but it is what it is. I think they had to move him.

As for Pryor, I think he was in a college program that had no interest in developing him into an NFL type quarterback, and then he ended his college career with a suspension for selling his own stuff and accepting "improper benefits". He ended up being taken in the supplemental draft by a garbage organization. What you have is a Cam Newton type player that went down a very different path...but he still has that potential and is only 24 years old. He couldn't have landed in a better situation. Pete Carroll is a great coach that truly wants what is best for his players and Pryor could very well end up developing there for a few years and go on to be a starter somewhere else eventually. I like the kid and I'm happy for him. Hope he takes full advantage of his new situation and fully understands what a big opportunity he now has.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#1097 : April 23, 2014, 01:41:50 PM

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/04/russell-wilson-terrelle-pryor-third-highest-quarterback-seattle-seahawks/

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#1098 : April 24, 2014, 10:01:43 PM

I think Pryor had a bit of the "Tebow" effect going on in Oakland. By that I mean he was creating divisions in the fanbase and locker room because of his popularity, but he wasn't going to start. Not his fault, but it is what it is. I think they had to move him.

As for Pryor, I think he was in a college program that had no interest in developing him into an NFL type quarterback, and then he ended his college career with a suspension for selling his own stuff and accepting "improper benefits". He ended up being taken in the supplemental draft by a garbage organization. What you have is a Cam Newton type player that went down a very different path...but he still has that potential and is only 24 years old. He couldn't have landed in a better situation. Pete Carroll is a great coach that truly wants what is best for his players and Pryor could very well end up developing there for a few years and go on to be a starter somewhere else eventually. I like the kid and I'm happy for him. Hope he takes full advantage of his new situation and fully understands what a big opportunity he now has.
No interest? Pryor came to Ohio State because we were running a pro style offense. Pryor had no interest in every being a good QB, he was a lazy guy at Ohio St and shouldve been kicked off the team before his "improper benefits".

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#1099 : May 05, 2014, 04:09:28 PM

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Insider_Talks_wFAs_Verner_Collins/328a73b5-5051-4830-8813-97cff557d44a

Can't help but like the sound of Collins and how Warhop is approaching the Oline position.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#1100 : May 05, 2014, 04:14:48 PM

I like the smoke in the banners.

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.
Page: 1 ... 72 73 74
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2014 NFL Offseason (Free Agency & Trades) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools