Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Former Tampa cop shoots man for texting during movie « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 31

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #120 : January 16, 2014, 12:36:44 PM »

Ok guys, I just saw this thread and wanted to clear some mis information up that you are seeing in the media. I'm a family friend of the victim.

1) there was popcorn thrown. It was from the back of the theatre from another movie goer telling them both to sit down once it began escalating.
2 chad wasn't texting, he was reading sports on his phone from the corner of his thigh during previews
3 the first interaction was the old man telling him to put his F@&$ing phone away. Chad is hot headed and told the guy to go f himself.

Just wanted to clear that up.
a couple more questions - old timer was hit in the back with popcorn and decided to fire on your friend?  or old timer just pulled out his un and killed your friend because he was told to F off?  sorry for your loss.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

« #121 : January 16, 2014, 01:04:45 PM »

Are we talking about Vin, Reeves, women in general, or all of the above?
I think he was talking about my Ex Wife...sounds like he has personal knowledge of her...OBD

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
« #122 : January 16, 2014, 01:06:18 PM »

I thought he was giving a quiz

No.

The quizzing part would have come if I had applied the term "provocateur" to not only Psycho Boy but also the bullying cop.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #123 : January 16, 2014, 01:32:10 PM »

The gun nut is going to rot in jail.  Some justice will be served.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #124 : January 16, 2014, 02:14:01 PM »

I thought he was giving a quiz

No.

The quizzing part would have come if I had applied the term "provocateur" to not only Psycho Boy but also the bullying cop.

Not you, Bucfucious and it sounds like we had 2 bullies, one just happened to have a gun and chose to use it

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
« #125 : January 16, 2014, 02:48:30 PM »

Don't know how you came to the conclusion there were two bullies. Sounds like one bully and a dead guy to me.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #126 : January 17, 2014, 08:07:36 AM »

Another thread hijacked by the resident provocateur w/ a gun control diatribe, again.

lol at this post on page 7 and then you idiots go on to talk about "Vin" for two pages even though I a not posting . . .lol . .

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

« #127 : January 17, 2014, 10:14:30 AM »

Another thread hijacked by the resident provocateur w/ a gun control diatribe, again.

lol at this post on page 7 and then you idiots go on to talk about "Vin" for two pages even though I a not posting . . .lol . .
Sorry bro no offense was meant but my comment fit perfectly with your response...OBD

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #128 : January 17, 2014, 10:39:12 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/17/justice/philadelphia-high-school-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #129 : January 18, 2014, 12:33:46 AM »

Jezus, Peanut Butter Boy, do you have to turn every Pirate's Cove thread into a 300 page diatribe??

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #130 : January 18, 2014, 09:48:16 AM »

Jezus, Peanut Butter Boy, do you have to turn every Pirate's Cove thread into a 300 page diatribe??

It's not his fault.  Everybody else is the problem.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #131 : January 18, 2014, 05:22:03 PM »

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/romano-movie-theater-shooting-shows-we-are-angry-people-in-a-hair-trigger/2161202

I'm talking about disputes escalating beyond reasonable measure, and I'm talking about confrontations that are more about ego than principle.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
« #132 : January 18, 2014, 05:39:51 PM »

Thanks for the link, Olaf.
-------------------

"It feels, and again I may be mistaken, as if too many of us are just waiting for the provocation that will validate all of our pent-up frustrations.

An us-against-them mentality has become pervasive in our world even if the lines between us and them are too blurred to truly recognize.

You see it in Washington, where hyper-partisan politics make it impossible to simply disagree. Instead, sides must be chosen and vendettas never forgotten as if we all aren't pulling for the same basic outcome.

You see it on the Internet, where anonymity and distance have made civility seem like a relic from the past. Taunts and insults you would not normally consider when in the presence of others are now a routine and accepted way of making a point.

You see it in media, where outrageousness pays and divisiveness sells. It sometimes feels as if the entire concept of us-versus-them was born on talk radio.

You see it in religion, race, class, culture, gender, generation and geography.

And just to be clear, I'm not suggesting hate and ire are new to the world. You could certainly point out that trigger fingers were quicker and bigotry more vile in bygone days.

I'm talking about something different. I'm talking about educated, intelligent and otherwise sophisticated people snapping over the relatively insignificant.

I'm talking about disputes escalating beyond reasonable measure, and I'm talking about confrontations that are more about ego than principle."

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #133 : January 18, 2014, 10:29:56 PM »

71 year olds routinely go back to take on 43 year old ex-navy dirt bikers ..... whats the big deal ...

took the kids to see Frozen today ... middle of the day .... brought my 9 ... self-defense

btw ... bunch of gun types in this thread ..... not a one of which disputes that the gun was the proximate cause of death . . .stupidity caused the fight but gun caused the death . . . and yet not a thing should be done   . . .  gun logic

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #134 : January 18, 2014, 10:40:31 PM »

It's not his fault.  Everybody else is the problem.

"Aggressive behaviour, like bullying, can also be a sign of low self-esteem. If someone picks on other people, they’re probably doing it to make themselves feel good. Bringing other people down gives them a false feeling of self-confidence. For a while, they feel like they’re better off than the person they’re bullying. Those feelings fade very quickly, meaning the bully will often repeat this pattern of behaviour."

Poor Buggsy . . . he needs a dose of confidence
« : January 19, 2014, 11:46:23 PM VinBucFan »

Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 31
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Former Tampa cop shoots man for texting during movie « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools