Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you be able to give up god-like power? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

MSU_Fan

Starter

: January 21, 2014, 11:55:20 AM

If you were blessed with unlimited god-like power to essentially do anything you wanted, would you EVER be willing to give it up under any circumstances? Be honest with yourself...

spartan

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 21, 2014, 12:07:06 PM

Probably not, at least initially, but I guess it depends just how bored I got.

bucboi813

Starter

#2 : January 21, 2014, 12:07:31 PM

No way possible

Live free or die trying

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#3 : January 22, 2014, 07:52:24 PM

If "God-like powers" was an actual thing, than definitely not.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 22, 2014, 09:25:47 PM

No,why would I give them up?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

MSU_Fan

Starter

#5 : January 23, 2014, 04:21:52 PM

If it meant the death of innocents or loved ones or some other terrible consequences.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 23, 2014, 05:05:41 PM

If I had the power of a god only the guilty would be punished :)

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 23, 2014, 05:52:45 PM

Not the same thing, but I seen this Twilight Zone episode where this guy went to hell. The hell was he literally got anything and everything he asked for. Which actually made him depressed or something like that. But it just wasn't good. It's been a long time since I seen it so I'm sure I might be misremembering certain things lol.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 23, 2014, 06:17:32 PM

Not the same thing, but I seen this Twilight Zone episode where this guy went to hell. The hell was he literally got anything and everything he asked for. Which actually made him depressed or something like that. But it just wasn't good. It's been a long time since I seen it so I'm sure I might be misremembering certain things lol.

Wasnt that the gambler who always won and since there was no shot at losing he found the whole thing dull?

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 23, 2014, 06:28:14 PM

Wasnt that the gambler who always won and since there was no shot at losing he found the whole thing dull?

It was something like that I think. It's been a loooooooooonnngggggggg time since I seen it and I only seen it once. But yeah it was something along those lines.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 23, 2014, 07:10:23 PM

I would use my power to separate liberals from the rest of society. I'd give them a country of their own, a place where they get exactly what they're asking for today. Government programs that control all aspects of life, no guns (or any other type of weapon) allowed, absolutely no mention of God in any capacity, and every other wish liberals had to create the "perfect" society they've always dreamed of.

Next I'd use my powers to build an impenetrable wall around the land everyone else resided in, to protect against the inevitable stampede coming from Liberal Land once everyone there learned the true meaning of "be careful what you wish for.. At this point I would no longer need any type of power, all problems would be solved. Powers relinquished.
: January 23, 2014, 07:11:56 PM Escobar06

gone

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 23, 2014, 09:28:30 PM

If it meant the death of innocents or loved ones or some other terrible consequences.

I'd use the power of God/Me to save them and remove the other terrible consequences.  Omnipotence is cool like that.

gone

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 23, 2014, 09:29:14 PM

I would use my power to separate liberals from the rest of society. I'd give them a country of their own, a place where they get exactly what they're asking for today. Government programs that control all aspects of life, no guns (or any other type of weapon) allowed, absolutely no mention of God in any capacity, and every other wish liberals had to create the "perfect" society they've always dreamed of.

Next I'd use my powers to build an impenetrable wall around the land everyone else resided in, to protect against the inevitable stampede coming from Liberal Land once everyone there learned the true meaning of "be careful what you wish for.. At this point I would no longer need any type of power, all problems would be solved. Powers relinquished.

You better hold on to those powers.  Rats always find a way back in.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 23, 2014, 10:59:09 PM

You better hold on to those powers.  Rats always find a way back in.

Well I figure with the high abortion rate and the number of gay marriages, sustaining the population would be damn near impossible. Liberal Land would soon be the worlds largest ghost town.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 24, 2014, 08:31:34 AM

Ever seen Zardoz?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you be able to give up god-like power? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools