Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pocket passers no longer the future for QBs in NFL ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 22, 2014, 07:13:32 PM

If we could get a 25 year old Jeff Garcia.....I'd be stoked. He might be my favorite Bucs QB of all time. He wasn't an elite pocket passer....but he was a leader, he was tough as nails, he was a competitor to the core, and he could make things happen with his feet. We got him at the end of his career, but back in 2000 and 2001 he was freaking awesome. I wish we'd have made the move to get him when he left the 49ers instead of waiting 3 years. Things coulda been a lot different. Anyways, I want another guy like that.
: January 22, 2014, 07:16:42 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 22, 2014, 07:15:08 PM

If we could get a 25 year old Jeff Garcia.....I'd be stoked. He might be my favorite Bucs QB of all time. He wasn't an elite pocket passer....but he was a leader, he was tough as nails, he was a competitor to the core, and he could make things happen with his feet. I want another guy like that.

You forgot this

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 22, 2014, 07:18:35 PM

By the way.....Garcia was 6' 1/2" and 205lbs. Just sayin. Very VERY JFF like.

Draft Aaron Donald

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 22, 2014, 10:46:10 PM

I think Kap is the perfect QB to have in today's NFL.  Big guy, big arm, and can run for big chunks of yardage. 

On a related note, Wilson was saying today, he attended Peyton Manning's QB camp when he was 15 years old.  And now he faces him in the Super Bowl.  That has to make Manning feel really old. It wouldn't surprise me if Manning calls it a career after the Super Bowl. He has to have that neck examined after the Super Bowl. I am sure he has plenty of cash tucked away, whats left to prove? Might as well go out on top.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 22, 2014, 11:56:27 PM

I think Kap is the perfect QB to have in today's NFL.

Then you must be praying for Mariota next year right?  ;)

Draft Aaron Donald

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 23, 2014, 12:07:17 AM

Actually, Kap himself is a free agent after next season.  But yes I know, his chances of reaching free agency are slim to none.  They are trying to extend him right now.  If he had won the Seahawk game, he would of been in line for something like 18mil per season. But with the loss, it will be something less than that, but not by much.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

gone

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 23, 2014, 05:38:51 AM

I think Kap is the perfect QB to have in today's NFL.  Big guy, big arm, and can run for big chunks of yardage. 

On a related note, Wilson was saying today, he attended Peyton Manning's QB camp when he was 15 years old.  And now he faces him in the Super Bowl.  That has to make Manning feel really old. It wouldn't surprise me if Manning calls it a career after the Super Bowl. He has to have that neck examined after the Super Bowl. I am sure he has plenty of cash tucked away, whats left to prove? Might as well go out on top.

He has a net worth of $165 million

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 23, 2014, 07:44:04 AM

From what I seen of him I felt like Huff bailed him out of some not so good throws.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 23, 2014, 07:49:52 AM

From what I seen of him I felt like Huff bailed him out of some not so good throws.

Well he's in luck cause there are a lot of really good receivers in the NFL to bail him out.

Draft Aaron Donald

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#39 : January 26, 2014, 12:35:09 AM

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 26, 2014, 12:38:15 AM

1   Peyton Manning
2   Drew Brees
3   Matthew Stafford
4   Matt Ryan    
5   Philip Rivers
6   Tom Brady
7   Andy Dalton
8   Carson Palmer
9   Ben Roethlisberger
10   Ryan Tannehill

Top 10 QB's in passing yards this year. None of them are really any threat as far as running with the ball.

Actually Tannehill, Brees, and Rapistberger are quite mobile. Being mobile doesn't have to mean taking off and running. Still, if you are gonna make a list like this, seems like you should include total yards including rushing. By not including rushing yards and rushing TDs, you are already creating a bias towards mobile QBs.

I guess you have me blocked seeing as I can't PM, but I was going to let you know I made a chart for those QB's. I'll try to get one with total yards.

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#41 : January 26, 2014, 01:19:24 AM

Passing yards + Rushing yards - Sack yards

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 26, 2014, 01:55:51 AM

That's a really cool chart man. I wish it also included 1st downs and TDs....but it is cool to see the total yardage. I'm surprised Newton, Kap, and Wilson didn't make the top 10. I gotta assume they are like 11, 12, and 13 though....right?

Draft Aaron Donald

DonkeyHunter

Pro Bowler

#43 : January 26, 2014, 01:59:37 AM

Passing yards + Rushing yards - Sack yards

Don't feel bad. I think he blocked me too as I sent him a PM as well. Great chart though.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 26, 2014, 02:02:50 AM

Not sure where you can find the 1st down stat, but here are the top 25 in total TDs scored.

1   Peyton Manning   Denver Broncos   QB   60
2   Drew Brees   New Orleans Saints   QB   44
3   Andy Dalton   Cincinnati Bengals   QB   36
4   Philip Rivers   San Diego Chargers   QB   35
5   Andrew Luck   Indianapolis Colts   QB   34
6   Nick Foles   Philadelphia Eagles   QB   32
7   Cam Newton   Carolina Panthers   QB   31
7   Tony Romo   Dallas Cowboys   QB   31
7   Matthew Stafford   Detroit Lions   QB   31
10   Colin Kaepernick   San Francisco 49ers   QB   29
10   Ben Roethlisberger   Pittsburgh Steelers   QB   29
12   Russell Wilson   Seattle Seahawks   QB   28
12   Alex Smith   Kansas City Chiefs   QB   28
14   Tom Brady   New England Patriots   QB   27
15   Matt Ryan   Atlanta Falcons   QB   26
16   Ryan Tannehill   Miami Dolphins   QB   25
17   Carson Palmer   Arizona Cardinals   QB   24
18   Joe Flacco   Baltimore Ravens   QB   20
19   Jay Cutler   Chicago Bears   QB   19
19   Mike Glennon   Tampa Bay Buccaneers   QB   19
21   Aaron Rodgers   Green Bay Packers   QB   18
21   Geno Smith   New York Jets   QB   18
21   Eli Manning   New York Giants   QB   18
23   Ryan Fitzpatrick   Tennessee Titans   QB   17
24   Robert Griffin III   Washington Redskins   QB   16
25   Sam Bradford   St. Louis Rams   QB   14

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pocket passers no longer the future for QBs in NFL ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools