Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should The NFL Postpone The Super Bowl If The Weather Is Bad?... Or play on? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

youngone

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 27, 2014, 10:54:47 AM

Regardless of weather, I think every year should be Super Bowl Saturday. Love the idea of being able to hang out at whatever SB party I go to and not worry about getting up early for work the next day.
I think the Monday after the Super Bowl should be a national holiday honestly.

Mayhem

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 27, 2014, 11:31:51 AM

Just another example of Goodell trying to fix things that aren't broken (London, not allowing Super Bowl players to participate in a Pro Bowl because it's now the week before, 18 game season, extra playoff team, list goes on and on and on and on and on.)

Why do people just ASSume Goodell does everything? The OWNERS voted to have the SB in NY not Goodell. Stop riding his six for a minute and come up for air!
FYI: Everything you mentioned requires the OWNERS to vote to make it happen.
: January 27, 2014, 11:33:46 AM TakeThat

MSU_Fan

Starter

#32 : January 27, 2014, 11:45:44 AM

LORD no!! Bad weather just makes it more epic! Like God (The Seahawks fan) and Satan (The Broncos fan) are waging war over deciding who's going to win, the teams having to deal with the clashing elements rocking the foundation of the game!

LOL

I wouldn't mind seeing the Hawks put a pretty good beatdown om Peyton and Co. regarless of the weather.

If any NFC team is going to win the Super Bowl other than the Bucs, I'd want it to be the Seahawks. I love their style, and Marshawn Lynch is a monster.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#33 : January 27, 2014, 11:48:05 AM

They should play the damned game when and where they scheduled it, barring natural disaster.  That's what the NFL (Owner's/commish, makes no difference) gets for scheduling the SB in Feb. in NY.  They knew full and well this would probably happen. 

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 27, 2014, 07:58:34 PM

Remember that you're not just outside for the game for 3 hours plus. Peter King had a good point that fans need to show up 2 hours early to get through security. So now you're outside for 6 hours at least. This will truly be the definition of who's a "fair weather fan" and who isn't.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 27, 2014, 08:32:28 PM

I live in NY. The league office is in NYC. The NFL knew what they were getting themselves into. No way do they postpone this game.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Should The NFL Postpone The Super Bowl If The Weather Is Bad?... Or play on? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools