Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FSU won't win at Crunch time? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Runole

Hall of Famer
: January 25, 2014, 10:38:31 AM

If they played a good SEC team they wouldn't prevail.   They only played cream puffs when they faced a SEC team they would fold!

FSU facing extreme adversity.. trailing 21-3 late in the 2nd quarter when......

Another Myth destroyed! :D

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 26, 2014, 01:48:52 PM

boy, it was really looking bad for us prior to the fake punt.  interesting & risky play design on the fake (to run a reverse).  normally on a fake you want something north/south to get downfield as quick as possible to pick up the 1st down.  there was a lot of east/west action on that play: blocker takes snap and runs right  then hands it off to Los who was in the slot and had to come all the way  back around. nerve racking to watch that unfold.  as fast as Los is, i felt like that play took forever for him to beat that guy and turn the corner.
: January 26, 2014, 01:51:42 PM rpc1978

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#2 : January 26, 2014, 01:59:40 PM

Auburn did a superb job stealing signals. That, can never be taken away from them

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 26, 2014, 03:54:15 PM

I don't think it was bad to ask the question "how would FSU deal with a close game/respond to being down on the scoreboard", but to state emphatically that they couldn't do either of the above was just pure stupid anti-FSU drivel.

Obviously, the question was answered.

Of course, it wouldn't have been without the advantage that AU had early.

Defense still wins championships, and AU's defense was downright dreadful.

Without the signal stealing, FSU drops 50.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#4 : January 27, 2014, 07:42:32 AM

exactly. however  it does not matter. FSU could have won a million to nothing . or just by 3. at the end of the day, FSU is the national champ. That can never be taken away

Runole

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 27, 2014, 09:05:16 AM

exactly. however  it does not matter. FSU could have won a million to nothing . or just by 3. at the end of the day, FSU is the MYTHICAL: national champ. That can never be taken away

Not only should it not be taken away? ::)   It arguably at the very least is one of the most dominating seasons in CFB history....  much to the SEC sycophants Angst!

: January 28, 2014, 12:23:13 PM Runole

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 27, 2014, 12:40:14 PM

exactly. however  it does not matter. FSU could have won a million to nothing . or just by 3. at the end of the day, FSU is the national champ. That can never be taken away

Not only should it not be taken away? ::)   It arguably at the very least is one of the most dominating seasons in CFB history....  much to the SEC sycophants Angst!
I thought you didn't call the winners of the BCS championship "national champs"?

It's not the MNC anymore?

Color me shocked!  :o
: January 28, 2014, 07:41:08 AM MrFreakinMiyagi

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

Runole

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 28, 2014, 12:22:23 PM

Nah it is still MNC slip up by me...   I have corrected it so as not to raise your obsession with me.

Continue with your drivel...
: January 28, 2014, 12:24:10 PM Runole

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 28, 2014, 07:29:15 PM

I like our chances to be in top 4/playoffs next year.  We have a vet team and a favorable schedule(toughest games are at home) where we should be favored throughout.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 29, 2014, 07:59:28 AM

FSU's toughest game will be Okie State in Texas.

In fact, that will be their only tough game. They play in the ACC, remember??

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 30, 2014, 09:12:02 PM

OK St, Notre Dame(Goldson back) and UF is a pretty tough non-conf schedule next year IMO.  but 2/3 of those are at home.  I agree that the OK St. game to open the year won't be easy.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 31, 2014, 08:43:54 AM

1) ND sucks
2) Are they considered OOC?
3) UF could suck again

Runole

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 31, 2014, 11:50:31 AM

OK St, Notre Dame(Goldson back) and UF is a pretty tough non-conf schedule next year IMO.  but 2/3 of those are at home.  I agree that the OK St. game to open the year won't be easy.

FSU certainly out of conference plays a tougher schedule than most..   

Alabama plays Western Carolina, West Virginia, Southern Mississippi, and Florida Atlantic

FSU plays Notre Dame Oklahoma State Florida and Citadel......   Definitely tougher than Bama's

Oh and Bama also plays that Florida team that allegedly sucks along with Arkansas  and a Tennessee team that has done nothing for years

Only tough teams on Bama's schedule are possibly a slightly down LSU team and a much weaker A&M team and of course that allegedly weak Auburn team that some declare wasn't the SEC's best last season.

FSU will play the following bowl teams from the ACC      Miami , Clemson, Louisville, BC,  Syracuse

Wake NC State and VIrginia are the lesser teams on their schedule which are on the same level as Ark Tenn  IMO     Not really impressed with Ole Miss or Miss St.. ( I forget when was the last time Ole Miss or Miss St contended for a SEC championship?)

JMO but I believe FSU's schedule overall is more formidable on paper than Bama's at this time.  I also believe  when Sagarin comes out next year that will be confirmed though I really don't put that much credibility on SOS.  Sagarin is the best  of such measures.   

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 31, 2014, 12:46:40 PM

They should. They play in a pathetically weak conference.   

Alabama plays Western Carolina, West Virginia, Southern Mississippi, and Florida Atlantic

FSU plays Notre Dame Oklahoma State Florida and Citadel......   Definitely tougher than Bama's
What does Bama have to do with the conversation? Are you becoming Bamasessed now, as well? You sure do have a hard time posting anything without mentioning them, or the "got a second" joke.

Oh and Bama also plays that Florida team that allegedly sucks
Straw man
along with Arkansas
Same division
  and a Tennessee team that has done nothing for years
HUGE rivalry game with a team that is historically more successful than any ACC team, and won't be down forever.
Only tough teams on Bama's schedule are possibly a slightly down LSU team
A team that is better than every team in the ACC, sans FSU
and a much weaker A&M team
We'll see
and of course that allegedly weak Auburn team
Straw man

that some declare wasn't the SEC's best last season.
They weren't, but you wouldn't know. You know about as much as AU as you do about honest debate.
FSU will play the following bowl teams from the ACC      Miami , Clemson, Louisville, BC,  Syracuse
Mediocre, solid, solid, meh, meh

Wake NC State and VIrginia are the lesser teams on their schedule which are on the same level as Ark Tenn  IMO     Not really impressed with Ole Miss or Miss St.. ( I forget when was the last time Ole Miss or Miss St contended for a SEC championship?)
hasn't been that long for Ole Miss. They would have contended for an ACC Championship berth in 2013.

JMO but I believe FSU's schedule overall is more formidable on paper than Bama's at this time.
Bamasessed.
  I also believe  when Sagarin comes out next year that will be confirmed though I really don't put that much credibility on SOS.
Yet, you talk about it all the time.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 31, 2014, 05:56:21 PM

They should. They play in a pathetically weak conference. 

ACC had more bowl teams than any other conference last season. They won both their BCS games  SEC lost both of theirs.

What does Bama have to do with the conversation? Are you becoming Bamasessed now, as well? You sure do have a hard time posting anything without mentioning them, or the "got a second" joke.

Well I assumed that since you consider Auburn to be one of the weaker teams in the SEC last season, I thought you being a Bama fan would think they were better.
Perhaps you should tell me who the best team in the SEC was last season. I say it was Auburn..  You say?

Oh and Bama also plays that Florida team that allegedly sucks
Straw man

Huh? you brought up Florida not being a worthy opponent and considered them weak?  Since Bama plays them as well what is your point?
along with Arkansas
Same division

Who cares what division they play they are on Bama's schedule? and they SUCK!

and a Tennessee team that has done nothing for years
HUGE rivalry game with a team that is historically more successful than any ACC team, and won't be down forever.

If were going back to the 90's you could make a strong case for Tennessee being a formidable opponent but since 1999 they rank 34th in winning % (15years).
From 1984-1998 they ranked 4th in winning %. Point is they are down now!  The last 5 years they rank 79th in winning %  :o
ie THEY SUCK!

Only tough teams on Bama's schedule are possibly a slightly down LSU team
A team that is better than every team in the ACC, sans FSU

LSU lost 3 games last season and started off 2013 losing to Clemson!   If Clemson ( ACC team) sucks than LSU must as well.  Perhaps Clemson is a bit better than you assert?
  :P

and a much weaker A&M team
We'll see

Yes we will...  Again so a Texas A&M team that did very little in the old Big 12 is suddenly lighting it up in the mighty? SEC.  How is this possible?  LOL
A&M is going slip further without Manziel and Evans.

and of course that allegedly weak Auburn team
Straw man
I think Auburn was a good team you stated otherwise.  Now they become a good team if Bama plays them? That sound pretty ridiculous and without logic or reasoning.

that some declare wasn't the SEC's best last season.
They weren't, but you wouldn't know. You know about as much as AU as you do about honest debate.

Scoreboard states otherwise and trumps any opinion you have.  12-1 Auburn was the best team in the SEC last season.  Who was better in the SEC?

Mediocre, solid, solid, meh, meh

Who cares what your opinion is? I could say GOOD, GREAT, VERY GOOD, SOLID, AND GOOD in my opinion but that doesn't change the FACT that they were all in bowl games last season due to successful seasons and since Miami played Louisville in a bowl only (1) of those teams lost to an opponent from another conference in a bowl game..

hasn't been that long for Ole Miss. They would have contended for an ACC Championship berth in 2013.

Until Ole Miss actually wins something of significance they are still a mediocre team that went 8-5 last season. Hey they did beat GT 25-17 WOW!  That must be the source of your whacked opinion! LOL

JMO but I believe FSU's schedule overall is more formidable on paper than Bama's at this time.
Bamasessed.

Again Who was the best team in the SEC last season if not Bama and not Auburn.. WHO?

I also believe  when Sagarin comes out next year that will be confirmed though I really don't put that much credibility on SOS.
Yet, you talk about it all the time.

I use Sagarin as a point of reference to those like yourself that blow so hard about how tough every SEC teams schedule is every season. I think SOS is probably a bit more accurate that using Ranking that change every week but only slightly better.  Both are too opinion based.

GAME SET MATCH!  Facts always trump opinions...
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FSU won't win at Crunch time? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools