Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Creationism vs. Evolution « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#15 : February 07, 2014, 09:25:01 PM

Science is so 80's Atari compared to God.

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#16 : February 08, 2014, 02:04:03 AM

"This tree is older than you think the Earth is."-Bill Nye. Ham did a great job with the massive handicap of sticking to a 2,000 year old book in an intellectual debate, I'll give him props for that.

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 08, 2014, 10:08:03 PM

I just love the obsession that people have with creationism.  Pretty much nobody really believes it other than a very small fringe, but it sure gets a disproportionate amount of attention from the left.  Probably because it's one of the very few things they are actually right about...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : February 08, 2014, 11:39:20 PM

I just love the obsession that people have with creationism.  Pretty much nobody really believes it other than a very small fringe, but it sure gets a disproportionate amount of attention from the left.  Probably because it's one of the very few things they are actually right about...

Well I'm not of the left but you are wrong here. Sadly about 1/3 of US population doesn't accept evolution. There are a lot of strains of creationism ranging from your Ken Ham young earth creationists to your Michael Behe intelligent design types. The problem for me with them is not that they want to believe silly things but they try and get their silly views taught in schools. I'm not even all that up in arms bout separation of church and state more just it is wrong. I mean you might as well teach astronomy and alchemy in schools at that point.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

gone

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 09, 2014, 12:07:52 AM

I probably should have specified "young earth" creationists.  And I'm leery of reading too much into polls that show people not "believing" in evolution, as the wording on things is often open to interpretation.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#20 : February 09, 2014, 05:18:07 PM

I probably should have specified "young earth" creationists.  And I'm leery of reading too much into polls that show people not "believing" in evolution, as the wording on things is often open to interpretation.

I think you'd still be surprised at the true % of young earth creationists in this country

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 09, 2014, 07:55:13 PM

I'll say this, I think it's ignorant to guess how old the Earth is because nobody really knows. You can say they have "proof" all you want, but the fact is nobody knows what something looks like billions of years old. Sure you can make a guess by using theories, but theories are just that. I'm not saying the Earth is young or old, but guessing an age on something like this is improbable for the simple fact it's not something we the human race have been around long enough to observe. As for evolution... This isn't Pokemon... I'll leave it at that. I don't really have a belief as far as is god real or not. It doesn't make a difference what you believe because it will not change the facts and we don't know the facts. Some think they do and others think they do. At the end of it all though it won't matter. You are either going to an afterlife or you are not. Your beliefs won't change those facts.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#22 : February 09, 2014, 10:43:53 PM

"Righteousness exalts a nation." ~ the Bible

Science cannot save a nation.

In Sex and Culture (1934), Unwin studied 80 primitive tribes and 6 known civilizations through 5,000 years of history and found a positive correlation between the cultural achievement of a people and the sexual restraint they observe.[1] "Sex and Culture is a work of the highest importance," Aldous Huxley wrote;
Unwin's conclusions, which are based upon an enormous wealth of carefully sifted evidence, may be summed up as follows. All human societies are in one or another of four cultural conditions: zoistic, manistic, deistic, rationalistic. Of these societies the zoistic displays the least amount of mental and social energy, the rationalistic the most. Investigation shows that the societies exhibiting the least amount of energy are those where pre-nuptial continence is not imposed and where the opportunities for sexual indulgence after marriage are greatest. The cultural condition of a society rises in exact proportion as it imposes pre-nuptial and post-nuptial restraints upon sexual opportunity.[2]
According to Unwin, after a nation becomes prosperous it becomes increasingly liberal with regard to sexual morality and as a result loses it cohesion, its impetus and its purpose. The process, says the author, is irreversible:
The whole of human history does not contain a single instance of a group becoming civilized unless it has been absolutely monogamous, nor is there any example of a group retaining its culture after it has adopted less rigorous customs.[3]

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 09, 2014, 10:45:08 PM

if science is 80's atari, god is 80's atari. Whats so hard to understand about that?
Science is the study of gods work

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#24 : February 09, 2014, 11:08:05 PM

if science is 80's atari, god is 80's atari. Whats so hard to understand about that?

True. 

But lots of atheists are trying to manipulate science to say that God doesn't exist.

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#25 : February 10, 2014, 05:08:48 AM

True. 

But lots of atheists are trying to manipulate science to say that God doesn't exist.

Atheists aren't trying to say that God doesn't exist. They know he doesn't exist. They are trying to use more and more scientific evidence, to prove all of the fallacies of the books "From the word of God". Christianity isn't the only victim of scientific reasoning.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#26 : February 10, 2014, 05:46:09 AM

To say atheists "know" that God doesn't exist, is to also say they "know" how life came from non life. So, don't keep us waiting any longer..how'd it happen?

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#27 : February 10, 2014, 06:20:07 AM

when he says they "know" he is merely stating his OPINION. Many people do this not only atheists...however they do it all the more so because the data science has accumulated thus far supports a creationists' beginning. Usually the side that is losing yells the loudest.
Being atheist is a moral issue not a scientific one.

Bookert1905

Starter
#28 : February 10, 2014, 07:54:54 AM

Lol. This is going to be as funny as the last one. A whole bunch of I know my way is true  because this inane  reason. You view is wrong because this inane reason. Keep trying to make people think you are smart even though you keep arguing religion on the internet. You're doing gods work son, sadly it's just making more people stay away.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 10, 2014, 09:22:10 AM

Why are they mutually exclusive?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Creationism vs. Evolution « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools