Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Creationism vs. Evolution « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#150 : February 13, 2014, 11:03:43 AM

Talking of true Christians. Strictly speaking if you are not a Catholic you are a heretic and not a member of the one true faith as established by Jesus with his apostle Peter.

Now that ought to stir up the ants nest a bit.

Nah, that myth has been put to rest :)

From where did every denomination of Christianity spring?
Which church wrote the Gospels?
Heck, which church wrote the whole dang New Testament?

Hard to "debunk" that :)

This probably best sums up my views.

http://raptureready.com/rr-catholic.html

lol the fact that your go-to explanation of your reality comes from a website called raptureready.com ...

you really do live in a fantasy land

Runole

Hall of Famer
#151 : February 21, 2014, 03:17:43 PM

After reading all this back and forth I am hungry..  Anyone know where I can get a really good pulled pork sandwich? ;) :D

Vin?  Anybody?   ;D

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#152 : March 10, 2014, 02:44:23 AM

I have a question about Protestantism:

Did the people who worshiped God wrong for 1500 or so years before Protestant ideas were accepted just go straight to hell with no explanation?

I'm just curious how this all works because it confuses me.

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#153 : April 09, 2014, 12:44:09 AM

I have a question about Protestantism:

Did the people who worshiped God wrong for 1500 or so years before Protestant ideas were accepted just go straight to hell with no explanation?

I'm just curious how this all works because it confuses me.

What about the people who lived for the million years+  before the "right" form of Christianity was adopted. Were they all sent to hell for not accepting Christ as their savior? Religion has good uses for keeping populations obedient, and giving them morals (Depends where, and what time),  but the entire story is made by man. To think a specific form of Christianity is the right one, and the others are wrong, is just absurd IMO.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#154 : April 09, 2014, 09:26:58 AM

why do zebras have stripes?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

spartan

Hall of Famer
#155 : April 09, 2014, 12:26:13 PM

To think a specific form of Christianity is the right one, and the others are wrong, is just absurd IMO.

Why?

They believe different things.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#156 : April 09, 2014, 12:30:40 PM

why do zebras have stripes?

Interesting most likely current theory....

http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2014/04/01/zebras-stripes-evolution-animals-science/

Biting insects and moire patterns? hmm?

spartan

Hall of Famer
#157 : April 09, 2014, 01:39:44 PM

I thought it was to hide in black and white photos!

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#158 : April 09, 2014, 02:13:24 PM

I thought it was to hide in black and white photos!

BINGO!!

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Creationism vs. Evolution « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools