Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Creationism vs. Evolution « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 10, 2014, 03:49:33 PM

Why were dinosaurs here before humans?  Did God screw up?

gone

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 10, 2014, 05:14:07 PM

In Catholic school they teach that Genesis (and large other portions of the Bible) are metaphor, not literal.  And 7 "days" are not meant literally either. So no, the dinosaurs would not be a "screw up"

Brahmal

Second String
#32 : February 10, 2014, 08:17:32 PM

2. How can Homosexuality be considered "normal" in an Evolutionist's/ScienceIsMyGod world when it's CLEARLY not a species promoting behavior??
I've always figured that homosexuality is an ad-hoc genetic response to overpopulation.  I don't have any scientific evidence to back that up, it just makes sense to me.  There are around 1500 species of animals that have been observed where a small percentage of the population displays homosexual behavior up to and including sex, so there must be a reason for it. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#33 : February 10, 2014, 09:10:01 PM

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer

#34 : February 10, 2014, 09:11:23 PM

My response would be and you think it's billions of years old based on what? We have no idea what something looks like a billion years ago because we haven't been around long enough to know what it looks like... Nobody knows how old the Earth really is. Guess what? We probably never will.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 10, 2014, 09:21:06 PM

And O, Jesus and the disciples walked to Nazareth. But the trail was blocked by a giant brontosaurus... with a splinter in its paw. And the disciples did run a-screamin'. "What a big **CENSORED**ing lizard, Lord!"
"I'm sure gonna mention this in my book," Luke said.
"Well, I'm sure gonna mention it in my book," Matthew said.
But Jesus was unafraid. And he took the splinter from the brontosaurus paw, and the brontosaurus became his friend. And Jesus sent him to Scotland where he lived in a loch, O so many years, attracting fat American families with their fat **CENSORED**in' dollars to look for the Loch Ness Monster. And O the Scots did praise the Lord: "Thank you, Lord! Thank you, Lord!"

Bookert1905

Pro Bowler

#36 : February 10, 2014, 09:31:24 PM

There were no dinosaur stories to steal from Anciet Egypt, so it's why they didn't make it into the Bible. Their best information is just stolen from past civilizations.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#37 : February 10, 2014, 09:34:51 PM

Twelve thousand years old. But I actually asked this guy, "OK, dinosaur fossils-- how does that fit into your scheme of life? What's the deal?" He goes:

"God put those here to test our faith."
"I think God put you here to test my faith, dude. I think I've figured this out."

Does that-- That's what this guy said. Does that bother anyone here? The idea that God might be **CENSORED**ing with our heads? Anyone have trouble sleeping restfully with that thought in their head? God's running around burying fossils: "Ho ho! We'll see who believes in me now, ha ha! I'm a prankster God. I am killing me, ho ho ho!"

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#38 : February 10, 2014, 09:45:49 PM

If you look at something a billion light years away, you're seeing what it looked like a billion years ago.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 10, 2014, 09:58:25 PM

If you look at something a billion light years away, you're seeing what it looked like a billion years ago.

Based on what science says? The same science that is always changing their answers for things? Why? Because there are a lot of things we will never truly know. Nothing to do with god or no god. We like to believe we have the answers, but in reality we have more questions than answers.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#40 : February 10, 2014, 10:02:19 PM

No, genius, it's based on the fact that if it's a billion light years away, it took that light a billion years to get here.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer

#41 : February 10, 2014, 10:05:55 PM

No, genius, it's based on the fact that if it's a billion light years away, it took that light a billion years to get here.

And do you have proof for said event or this just like every other science/religion claim which is merely an educated guess?

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#42 : February 10, 2014, 10:10:43 PM

"Logic and reasoning mystify me, Mr. Science!"

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 10, 2014, 10:13:26 PM

"Logic and reasoning mystify me, Mr. Science!"

How is something logical with no actual proof? That seems like the opposite of logical to me.

There is a difference between distance and age. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#44 : February 10, 2014, 10:15:14 PM

lol
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Creationism vs. Evolution « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools