Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFLís announcing teams ........Who is the best?... Who is the worst? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

ę #15 : February 09, 2014, 08:26:34 AM Ľ

If you hate the Raiders, don't listen to this...

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

ę #16 : February 09, 2014, 11:09:58 PM Ľ

Siragusa is just awful and irritating as well. He's always monopolizing the broadcast time, butting in and wanting to be "the show" instead of knowing his role.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

ę #17 : February 09, 2014, 11:23:26 PM Ľ

There's John Facenda at the top, who didn't need a partner... and there's all these other guys who aren't John Facenda...  8)

John Facenda was more of a narrator than announcer. I don't recall him calling games.

He was great at what he did however.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

pljlsplltt

Second String

ę #18 : February 09, 2014, 11:40:13 PM Ľ

Would like to see Lynch and Barber teamed up...maybe their chemistry from the field will rub off in the booth.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

ę #19 : February 10, 2014, 12:22:50 AM Ľ

Ive always liked Billick in the booth. Should be on the list somewhere, imo.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
ę #20 : February 10, 2014, 08:00:18 AM Ľ

Ronde was weak in his first season. I admit I really do enjoy when Lynch does the games.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

ę #21 : February 10, 2014, 08:38:40 AM Ľ

There's John Facenda at the top, who didn't need a partner... and there's all these other guys who aren't John Facenda...  8)

John Facenda was more of a narrator than announcer. I don't recall him calling games.

He was great at what he did however.
  Here's a good writeup on Facenda, if you're interested. He actually started out long before NFL Films; was an icon on Philadelphia radio discovered by NFL Films' Ed Sabol at a bar.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Facenda

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

ę #22 : February 10, 2014, 08:46:07 AM Ľ

John Facenda reading the football poem "The Autumn Wind". Written by Steve Sabol, the son of NFL FILMS founder Ed Sabol. - 
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NFLís announcing teams ........Who is the best?... Who is the worst? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools