Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2014 Signing Day « previous next »
Page: 1 2

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#15 : February 18, 2014, 10:55:33 AM

Makes sense for Harris really.  QB situation is wide open at Florida. Granted Grier is more highly touted , but they will both be freshman with really no other competition once Driskel leaves after this season.

If he is confident in his ability and wants to play early ,  Florida is his shot.
what would have been different at fsu?

Probably because Jimbo's going around talking about how long Winston will be staying ....scared him off.

ha, i'd love for that to happen but I'll believe it when i see it. hard to pass on being a high 1st rd pick.

Not only Fisher, but Winston, his family, and friends state he is going to be at FSU for 2 more years due to several factors:  He wants his degree, He wants to play baseball at least 2 more years, and He wishes to emulate Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders path.  Like Andrew Luck staying an additional season after it was stated he would be the first pick in the NFL draft he opted to stay an additional year.  Didn't seem to hurt his draft status? Winston will only be 22 in two years. The money will be there either way for someone as athletically gifted as Winston.  It is called covering all your options.   Novel concept?

I understand that to some Winston his family friends and Fisher are all lying but at this point in time I don't believe that is the case given their past history. I just don't see them being untruthful and I think the recent transfer of Coker is an additional proof that the statement is true.

How many believe Coker will be the starting QB for the season opener for Bama with only a Summer of practice?  Not me...

Not to mention, he is probably trying to avoid a civil suit..........not sure how that would work out but I have heard rumblings of this as well.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#16 : February 18, 2014, 10:05:40 PM

Makes sense for Harris really.  QB situation is wide open at Florida. Granted Grier is more highly touted , but they will both be freshman with really no other competition once Driskel leaves after this season.

If he is confident in his ability and wants to play early ,  Florida is his shot.
what would have been different at fsu?

Probably because Jimbo's going around talking about how long Winston will be staying ....scared him off.

ha, i'd love for that to happen but I'll believe it when i see it. hard to pass on being a high 1st rd pick.

Not only Fisher, but Winston, his family, and friends state he is going to be at FSU for 2 more years due to several factors:  He wants his degree, He wants to play baseball at least 2 more years, and He wishes to emulate Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders path.  Like Andrew Luck staying an additional season after it was stated he would be the first pick in the NFL draft he opted to stay an additional year.  Didn't seem to hurt his draft status? Winston will only be 22 in two years. The money will be there either way for someone as athletically gifted as Winston.  It is called covering all your options.   Novel concept?

I understand that to some Winston his family friends and Fisher are all lying but at this point in time I don't believe that is the case given their past history. I just don't see them being untruthful and I think the recent transfer of Coker is an additional proof that the statement is true.

How many believe Coker will be the starting QB for the season opener for Bama with only a Summer of practice?  Not me...

Not to mention, he is probably trying to avoid a civil suit..........not sure how that would work out but I have heard rumblings of this as well.

I will believe in a Civil suit when it is actually filed.  Since Winston was never charged after (2) criminal justice reviews all a Civil suit will end up doing is dragging the girl through the mud further. She already has (3) different stories on what happened.

This is strictly a shake down for a money grab by the Lesbian Gator lawyer.   Problem is unlike the Duke case this one was dead in the water before it even got started.   Must admit "the timing" of Carroll's releases are just too convenient to not appear totally contrived.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2014 Signing Day « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools