Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clowney Possesses The Type of Talent To Make Teams Who Pass On Him Look Inept « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 10, 2014, 04:30:38 PM

I agree. Which would be incredibly stupid imo. Why take a guy that is considered by many to be a once in a decade DE prospect with the #1 pick....and then play him at LB?

Draft Aaron Donald

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 10, 2014, 10:12:07 PM

Price controls in the new labor agreement as you know JDouble - money isn't an issue for this kind of excellence.
But it's not just about Clowney's salary. Watt is only making $1.9 million for 2014 and then is a free agent in 2015. He's going to be getting a huge raise.

All the more reason to draft Clowney.  See how he does next season, and let Watt walk if necessary.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

youngone

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 10, 2014, 10:22:08 PM

Price controls in the new labor agreement as you know JDouble - money isn't an issue for this kind of excellence.
But it's not just about Clowney's salary. Watt is only making $1.9 million for 2014 and then is a free agent in 2015. He's going to be getting a huge raise.

All the more reason to draft Clowney.  See how he does next season, and let Watt walk if necessary.
WILL NEVER HAPPEN

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 10, 2014, 10:28:23 PM

WILL NEVER HAPPEN

Fans said that about Mario also. Its all about the $$$$$

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 10, 2014, 10:54:41 PM

Just like about every other NFL team, if they decide they want to keep both they will find a way financially. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

youngone

Hall of Famer
#35 : February 10, 2014, 11:32:42 PM

They would be paying Clowney small change on his rookie deal and paying Watt boatloads.. I'm sure they would survive that.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#36 : February 11, 2014, 12:06:12 AM

They would be paying Clowney small change on his rookie deal and paying Watt boatloads.. I'm sure they would survive that.

Survive, yes.

But lets just say Clowney turns into Watt v2.  They could trade him for multiple draft picks, and avoid paying him 80mil or whatever.  And then they have Clowney on board for pocket change for 3-4 years.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clowney Possesses The Type of Talent To Make Teams Who Pass On Him Look Inept « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools