Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No cap jail for Bucs: $100 million in FA contracts, $0 signing bonuses « previous next »
Page: 1 2

The Freeman

Starter

#15 : March 17, 2014, 03:20:01 PM

if you're a good NFL player who have two offer for five-year & $30 million, what do you prefer to take?

1) $0 right now, $6 million per year with the first two-year guaranteed & the last three years non guaranteed.

2) $10 million signing bonus, $500K in 2014 , $1.5M in 2015 ( both guaranteed), $6M per year non guaranteed for the last three years.

unless you offer more guaranteed money i'll take the signing bonus!

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 17, 2014, 03:31:51 PM

I liked the front loading of contracts that MD and staff started doing as well. It was partially to ensure they met cap requirements, but it also prevent back end of deals from weighing down the cap. Keep them front loaded and close to the ceiling while making sure that every year you'll have plenty of cap to work with. Guys get paid more upfront and most players love that idea.

Surprised not a lot of teams don't take that approach.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: No cap jail for Bucs: $100 million in FA contracts, $0 signing bonuses « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools