Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mock Draft:Bucs get their Franchise QB « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

aquilus

Pro Bowler

#15 : March 05, 2014, 11:09:39 AM

I wont be disappointed if we get Johnny....he is the only other guy I would get excited about other than JD

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 05, 2014, 11:13:00 AM

If you go by Tedford's history of having the prototypical strong armed, smart QB then Manziel is a horrible fit.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 05, 2014, 11:20:59 AM

I would welcome Manziel, the kid is a winner with Tedford.

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
#18 : March 05, 2014, 11:27:55 AM

I would probably be excited about JFF. I would prefer Teddy, but any of the top 3 QBs would excite me. The way the Glazers have been trying to grab attention this off-season, it wouldn't surprise me if they got into the ears of Lovie/Licht.

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 05, 2014, 12:15:32 PM

Dude, you put one to many b's in the abbreviation for pound.

Your mom said it felt closer to 12lbs.

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 05, 2014, 12:18:45 PM

When you say franchise, do you mean, a QB that will be out of the league in 4 years??

Yeah...sorta like Glennon...

Are you talking about last year's highest rated rookie QB?   Weird.....

What's weird is the fact that you actually see something in the guy...

regardless of the stats and injuries, the tape doesn't lie...

.the guy is not someone you want to bet your job on...and the Bucs coaching staff isn't ...so get over it

Actually the coaching staff likes what they have in Glennon and are focusing on defense.  You know, the side of the football that actually projects to playoff success.

Havok904

Starter

#21 : March 05, 2014, 12:23:06 PM

When you say franchise, do you mean, a QB that will be out of the league in 4 years??

.the guy is not someone you want to bet your job on...and the Bucs coaching staff isn't ...so get over it

Actually the coaching staff likes what they have in Glennon and are focusing on defense.  You know, the side of the football that actually projects to playoff success.

did you just arrive here from another planet?....you know there is a 2 round in the draft right?

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#22 : March 05, 2014, 12:23:50 PM

I would love this mock with our first 2 picks of Manziel and Amaro.

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 05, 2014, 12:32:29 PM

did you just arrive here from another planet?....you know there is a 2 round in the draft right?

I've been following the game for many years now, so yes I am informed on how the process works.  Remember this:  Khalil Mack only happens once!

sammich

Starter

#24 : March 05, 2014, 12:35:26 PM

I think taking a QB at 7 is a waste of resources, but if we do take a QB I really hope it isn't Manziel.  I just don't see long term success with him.  I think Teddy will be a good one, I think Carr has potential, and Bortles I'm 50/50 on.  When it comes to Manziel I just don't see it.  I think he is far too reckless and don't think his antics will hold up against NFL defenses.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 05, 2014, 12:35:38 PM

:sigh:

Havok904

Starter

#26 : March 05, 2014, 12:53:34 PM

I've been following the game for many years now, so yes I am informed on how the process works.  Remember this:  Khalil Mack only happens once!
WTF are you talking about? you start talking about Glennon...now you bounced over to Mack...Get back on your meds dude...

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 05, 2014, 01:03:05 PM

His party boy life style, Burkhardt as his agent and getting thrown out of the Manning Passing Academy... no thanks.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 05, 2014, 01:03:08 PM

10lbbass is obvious troll. Nothing to see here.

watson

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 05, 2014, 01:04:04 PM

I know opinions on JFF are all over the place and I can see his agent being an issue.... but I can definitely see Manziel sliding and Tampa considering him. He could be a nice fit with Tedford and I think he'll make Bucs games a lot more lively. He already has a Mike Evans like receiver here in VJax and if we can solidify our line in front of him with our current group of talented RBs he could be a nice option for us. Just one man's opinion lol
When did Tedford's ever run the spread formation offense?  I've only seen his teams in the pro set, utilizing a strong running game.  That is not the offense that Manziel runs.  How many times have you seen him take the snap from under center?  I just don't see how he fits what both coach Tedford's and coach Smith have said they want to do.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mock Draft:Bucs get their Franchise QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools