Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Devin Hester comments on playing in Tampa « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 06, 2014, 08:12:27 AM

imo, best option:
FA
1) Dexter McCluster or Ted Ginn for $2-3M per year
2) Devin Hester for one year $1.5M (draft Tyler Lockett or Jamison Crowder next year)
draft
3) Odell Beckham Jr at #38
4) Dre Archer with a 3rd day pick
5) sign some good udfa to compete with Eric Page and Jeff Demps (De'Anthony Thomas, Brelan Chancellor, Solomon Patton)

Archer won't make it to day three. Someone will jump up into the late 2nd round to grab him if he's available. Speed that like is very very attractive to a lot of GMs and coaches.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 06, 2014, 08:25:50 AM

imo, best option:
FA
2) Devin Hester for one year $1.5M (draft Tyler Lockett or Jamison Crowder next year)
draft
5) sign some good udfa to compete with Eric Page and Jeff Demps (De'Anthony Thomas, Brelan Chancellor, Solomon Patton)

Archer won't make it to day three. Someone will jump up into the late 2nd round to grab him if he's available. Speed that like is very very attractive to a lot of GMs and coaches.

Skckskckwfkekckefo. Second round???? Wow man, you are crazy.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 06, 2014, 08:57:00 AM

Elite speed and production. I mean DHB was taken in the top 10 for crying out loud. Besides all of that, he is projected as a 2-3 round pick by some draft sites.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 06, 2014, 10:13:14 AM

Hester was #7 last year in KR average
Page was #13 last year in KR average

Hester was #4 in PR average last year
Page was #12 in PR average last year

Hester had 11 fair catches last year.
Page had 20 fair catches last year.

Skill wise Hester would be an upgrade, assuming they have similar years again, but not a huge one. There are only a few yards separating the two in KR and PR average but the biggest discrepancy is the fact that Page fair caught so many balls. Personally I think Hester is to old to be great at what he does anymore. I'm not pushing for Page but considering Page brings more potential in the passing game, I'd go with him.

For the record, I don't believe the '14 bucs will have either on it's roster.
minor difference, but Espn has page at #10 in both the categories, where did you get your ranking?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Freeman

Starter

#34 : March 06, 2014, 10:14:41 AM

imo, best option:
FA
draft

Any thought of Dri Archer being a 3rd day pick ended when he ran that crazy 40 time. NFL loves speed. Someone will reach.
agree there is little chance you see him sleep in the 4th round... but this draft is so good, you can't be sure...

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 06, 2014, 10:18:17 AM

Don't forget that teams still punt it out of bounds on occasion to keep it away from Hester.

If he wants to come work with O'Dea for a reasonable deal for a couple years.   I'm fine with it.

Speed in space right?   He's quick, not fast - a screen or two a game and performing returns could be seen as two things that are valuable to this regime.

There might be some better options, but unless we hit on something special in the draft (crap shoot) he's the most value player of this category out there.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 06, 2014, 10:19:33 AM

Just for reference, everyones favorite mccluster has no more long speed than page, they are both 4.5 guys. Mccluster doesn't even return kickoffs either. People say page sucks, but they can't back it up with anything other than bias. And demps for reference has never returned punts or shown any reason to be in the nfl in 3 years. But yeah, he runs fast in shorts.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 06, 2014, 10:22:58 AM

We watched page play. If you think he is worth arguing over, have at it.

But the majority, I hope, can see what Page is. Average in his best day.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 06, 2014, 10:33:04 AM

Page is very Willie Drewery-esque

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Red Alert

Rookie

#39 : March 06, 2014, 11:22:35 AM

Hester is a proven big-play guy, and you can't get enough of those. I don't care if he's 31, (which in my case isn't that old.. haha), he's still got years left in him. Grab him and make your team better..

Havok904

Pro Bowler

#40 : March 06, 2014, 11:24:38 AM

Pass......would MUCH RATHER have McCluster

yes....and Demps is potentially a even better option....

Hate

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 06, 2014, 11:52:29 AM

Pass......would MUCH RATHER have McCluster

yes....and Demps is potentially a even better option....

'cept he's made of crystal

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 06, 2014, 11:57:46 AM

Hester is prime Raider.........they'll give him insane money and he'll suck........

eoebucco23

Rookie

#43 : March 06, 2014, 12:06:42 PM

rather get the run Michael, run Michael, run Michael, run...Michael Spurlock. He's cheaper too

The Freeman

Starter

#44 : March 06, 2014, 12:35:15 PM

Elite speed and production. I mean DHB was taken in the top 10 for crying out loud. Besides all of that, he is projected as a 2-3 round pick by some draft sites.
DHB is 6'1/6'2 210, Archer is 5'7/5'8 173...

there is a chance someone overdraft Archer (Dexter McCluster 2.0) but in this draft there is as much as a chance it end like Darren Sproles (4th round pick)... imo he isn't a top 50 prospect in THIS draft, top 100 yes...
he's a 3rd round pick in a deep receiver class who may sleep in the 4th round...
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Devin Hester comments on playing in Tampa « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools