Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Revis is dealt before March 13th....... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 06, 2014, 09:10:06 PM

I'm sorry Mr. Madden All-Star GM. Since we're "noobs" because we'd rather keep Revis please explain how you'd replace him.

Explain why it matters for 2014 and 2015. You think we're all of the sudden become a powerhouse if we draft Manziel?

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 06, 2014, 09:11:11 PM

Yes. We are in rebuilding mode and we are going to pay an almost 30 year old corner $16 million, which is $6 million more than ANY other CB in the entire NFL makes....on a team with no pass rushing ends and the last ranked offense.

We need draft picks a lot more than we need an old, about to be slow washed up corner......unless you noobs think we are "one player away".  Keeping Revis makes no sense.
I'm sorry Mr. Madden All-Star GM. Since we're "noobs" because we'd rather keep Revis please explain how you'd replace him.

You could sign the best free agent corner and still have $8 million to spend on other needs, like a speed rusher.

You can just lump me in with Tony Dungy and Warren Sapp who believe that the Revis deal was bad and we should have built from the front to the back instead of the other way around.

But you are missing the point. We don't need to replace him, because we don't need him to begin with.
You must be one of those, we should have signed Derek Cox and blah blah blah instead of trade for Revis becuase 2 is always better than 1 guys.

#DerekCoxWasABustAndWasJustReleasedAfterOneSeason
: March 06, 2014, 09:19:26 PM SWAGGARRR

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 06, 2014, 09:16:52 PM

Explain why it matters for 2014 and 2015. You think we're all of the sudden become a powerhouse if we draft Manziel?
And you think we'll all of a sudden become a power house just because we have 2 extra draft picks? I'd rather keep a healthy future HoF'r that can still play another 5+ yrs then draft another would be Gaines Adams.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 06, 2014, 09:22:10 PM

Yes. We are in rebuilding mode and we are going to pay an almost 30 year old corner $16 million, which is $6 million more than ANY other CB in the entire NFL makes....on a team with no pass rushing ends and the last ranked offense.

We need draft picks a lot more than we need an old, about to be slow washed up corner......unless you noobs think we are "one player away".  Keeping Revis makes no sense.

You could sign the best free agent corner and still have $8 million to spend on other needs, like a speed rusher.

You can just lump me in with Tony Dungy and Warren Sapp who believe that the Revis deal was bad and we should have built from the front to the back instead of the other way around.

But you are missing the point. We don't need to replace him, because we don't need him to begin with.
You must be one of those, we should have signed Derek Cox and blah blah blah instead of trade for Revis becuase 2 is always better than 1 guys.

No I wasn't. Keep swinging though. Eventually you may hit something.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 06, 2014, 09:25:17 PM

Are you trying to tell us you've recently taken a large blow to the head? It would explain a lot.

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 06, 2014, 09:27:11 PM

We would only owe a 4th rounder instead of a 3rd rounder to the Jets.

The benefits of dealing Revis would be felt immediately in a draft stacked with talent.....and if we can get a 2nd and 4th for dealing him, then we would have (2) seconds, (1) third and (1) fourth round pick. ....instead of (1) second, (0) third and (1) fourth.

Do the deal!!!!!!

http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/revis-deal-would-have-happen-relatively-quickly

We have to stop doing this stupid crap.  Letting Tanard Jackson, Aquib Talib, Blount, Bennett, and now you are saying Revis??!! We gave up a lot to get him to replace Talib that we basically let go for nothing.  Can we please stop being a farm system for the Patriots!!

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 06, 2014, 09:31:35 PM

Are you trying to tell us you've recently taken a large blow to the head? It would explain a lot.

Yup. I'm stupid like Dungy and Sapp and you are on the same page as Delorus Jason. You guys are geniuses.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 06, 2014, 09:33:28 PM

Not sure why you are commenting on this subject B4E....there is no talk of gay showering in here....go on to a thread you are more "comfortable" in.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 06, 2014, 09:35:25 PM

When you're 4-12, there are little if any assets that are off the table. If someone offers us 2 #1's for him, or even a high #1 & #2, we'd be foolish to not consider it...

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 06, 2014, 09:36:08 PM

GoldsonAges, quick question. What's your thoughts on Manziel?
: March 06, 2014, 09:47:05 PM SWAGGARRR

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 06, 2014, 09:42:14 PM

RedBoard franchise building -- trade martin, trade Revis   .....we need picks ...

youngone

Hall of Famer
#26 : March 06, 2014, 09:42:28 PM

Or we could keep Revis as-is and still have that 8 million to spend on that speed rusher. We have the money already to make those moves and they haven't even cut the trash yet.

Why do you people insist that we pay less for trash? The best FA corner is Talib, and all he's going to get you is front row seats to watch guys like Hakeem Nicks beat him like if he was on Roots.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 06, 2014, 09:43:16 PM

RedBoard franchise building -- trade martin, trade Revis   .....we need picks ...
Might as well trade all of our good players for draft picks just because.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#28 : March 06, 2014, 09:43:49 PM

Brilliant draft picks always work out perfectly.lets trade our future hof corner to draft another corner and insert position here. Amazing. Lets strengthen the pats some more so they can make it to the super bowl yet again. Smart stuff. Were not close anyways so lets give up our best player because what the hell I like new things.lets give up less then what we got revis for and waited a whole year to come back to 100 percent. Excellent.

Wtf is wrong wit ppl. This isn't madden folks. These are the same ppl who want to give up revis then in the same breath say lets sign old Jared Allen and Devin Hester and peanut Tillman and Luke mccown.....assbackwards **CENSORED**s

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 06, 2014, 09:46:09 PM

Or we could keep Revis as-is and still have that 8 million to spend on that speed rusher. We have the money already to make those moves and they haven't even cut the trash yet.

Why do you people insist that we pay less for trash? The best FA corner is Talib, and all he's going to get you is front row seats to watch guys like Hakeem Nicks beat him like if he was on Roots.
I was going to bring that up but he mentioned top corner like he knew what he was talking about, so I didn't feel the need to inform him. I bet he doesn't realize Talib is going to command 10M/yr (or close to since he is top CB) though.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Revis is dealt before March 13th....... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools