Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Revis is dealt before March 13th....... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13 14

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#180 : March 07, 2014, 03:31:23 PM

In 2002 did we not have a starting QB that was in his prime and had made I believe two pro bowls in his career by that point?  Did said QB play like a top 10 QB that year?  Has the league changed at all a
In the last 12 years?  Was that 2002 defense one of the top ten greatest of all time?  Apples to oranges.
Brad made the Pro Bowl in 1999.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#181 : March 07, 2014, 03:47:43 PM

In 2002 did we not have a starting QB that was in his prime and had made I believe two pro bowls in his career by that point?  Did said QB play like a top 10 QB that year?  Has the league changed at all a
In the last 12 years?  Was that 2002 defense one of the top ten greatest of all time?  Apples to oranges.

That QB was signed as a free agent.....and wasn't that expensive if I recall. Cap space isn't necessarily our issue with Revis.

Has the league changed since? Absolutely. It is a definitely a high tempo/pass heavy league. Therefore, a top notch CB that takes away half the field would be amazing to have on your team....especially when you don't have an elite QB on your offense.

The 02 defense was one of the greatest all-time...but they didn't start out that way. They were assembled. We have aguably the best OLB (4-3), DT, and CB in the game playing for our defense. We have a defensive minded coach. You don't diminish an area of strength to shore up an area of weakness....at least not in this case....when you might have other options available.

What this boils down to is Revis' value or the perceived lack of value by some on this board because that value isn't easily seen in the INT column. People assume that because Revis didn't have a ton of picks or PDs, that he didn't live up to expectations. Is that the case? Or, maybe, just maybe, teams decided not to throw to the guy's side of the field.....WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT WE WANTED TO HAPPEN!
we knew we had a championship caliber defense already but we were limited by a crappy offense.  So the team brought in Brad Johnson, traded two first for Keyshawn, traded up in the first for a OT, and fired our HC and brought in a offensive coach to try and change all that.  We went all in and it worked out.  Last year Dom and Schiano went all in trading for Revis and it didn't work out.  They are both unemployed now and this team is faced with rebuilding once again. 

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#182 : March 07, 2014, 06:05:50 PM

I am against trading off talent when you can't replace the player properly or the compensation isn't good enough.

Trading Revis would have to be a good deal of draft picks and/or the Bucs intend to use the liberated cap space to sign 2 young CBs.

This is at the root of my disagreement on the issue.

With Lovies defense we dont need Revis. We dont need to "replace the player" so to speak. We just need a CB who can come in and do his job in this system.

Intriguing that if we were able to score 2 draft picks in the first few rounds for Revis, we could consider Justin Gilbert at no.7. He could be the best CB prospect I have seen since Revis came out and he is an electric special teams player.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#183 : March 07, 2014, 06:08:41 PM

More than likely if we trade Revis Lovie will use some of the money or draft picks to get a RDE.

This defense needs a stud RDE and stud MLB before we need a stud CB.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#184 : March 07, 2014, 07:10:25 PM

Apparently this defense does not need a 1st ballot HOF'er .....the genius of Cody Grimm Reaper.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#185 : March 07, 2014, 11:12:17 PM

Apparently this defense does not need a 1st ballot HOF'er .....the genius of Cody Grimm Reaper.

Dude, he has a LOT of football experience and knowledge. It's just that it's all from playing Madden. With the difficulty on Rookie.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#186 : March 08, 2014, 07:23:27 PM

Yes. We are in rebuilding mode and we are going to pay an almost 30 year old corner $16 million, which is $6 million more than ANY other CB in the entire NFL makes....on a team with no pass rushing ends and the last ranked offense.

We need draft picks a lot more than we need an old, about to be slow washed up corner......unless you noobs think we are "one player away".  Keeping Revis makes no sense.
I'm sorry Mr. Madden All-Star GM. Since we're "noobs" because we'd rather keep Revis please explain how you'd replace him.

You could sign the best free agent corner and still have $8 million to spend on other needs, like a speed rusher.

You can just lump me in with Tony Dungy and Warren Sapp who believe that the Revis deal was bad and we should have built from the front to the back instead of the other way around.

But you are missing the point. We don't need to replace him, because we don't need him to begin with.
Or we could keep Revis as-is and still have that 8 million to spend on that speed rusher. We have the money already to make those moves and they haven't even cut the trash yet.

Why do you people insist that we pay less for trash? The best FA corner is Talib, and all he's going to get you is front row seats to watch guys like Hakeem Nicks beat him like if he was on Roots.
I was going to bring that up but he mentioned top corner like he knew what he was talking about, so I didn't feel the need to inform him. I bet he doesn't realize Talib is going to command 10M/yr (or close to since he is top CB) though.

You think Talib is getting $10 million per? ??? Holy crap you are as stupid as I thought. WTF bro ???

Alterraun Verner is the top free agent followed by:
Vontae Davis
Sam Shields
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
Peanut
Walter Thurmond
Captain Munnerlyn
Tarell Brown

But like I said earlier that you just can't seem to grasp, we don't need Derrelle Revis for this defense.
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter  12m
Packers gave CB Sam Shields a 4-year deal for $39 million, including a signing bonus $12.5 million, per source.

That just set the market for Talib, the best FA CB. Like I said, 10M/yr.
: March 08, 2014, 07:31:20 PM SWAGGARRR

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#187 : March 08, 2014, 08:59:25 PM

So with that being said, Revis isn't going anywhere. Where's the value?

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer  1m
Last year, CBs languished on the market in $5M-$6M range. This year, Shields got $9.75M/year, Grimes got $8M per, and it's not even 3/11 yet.

#GoldsonIsAsGoldsonDoes

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#188 : March 08, 2014, 09:04:03 PM

LOL

eoebucco23

Rookie

#189 : March 08, 2014, 09:26:18 PM

I would only trade Revis if it's a player for player trade, but those are rare to pull off... I'd want an avg to above avg QB, TE, or DE

don't think Revis is going anywhere. Lovie loves him

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#190 : March 08, 2014, 10:02:31 PM

I would only trade Revis if it's a player for player trade, but those are rare to pull off... I'd want an avg to above avg QB, TE, or DE

So let me get this straight.  You would trade Revis heads up for...say...Andy Dalton?  And no picks?  Wow.............I................I dont even know where to start.

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#191 : March 08, 2014, 10:13:56 PM

So let me get this straight.  You would trade Revis heads up for...say...Andy Dalton?  And no picks?  Wow.............I................I dont even know where to start.

I think your sig is a good start in terms of what to say. Anyone who wants to trade Revis is a FUGGING IDIOT!! That's a fact.

snesfreak

Starter

#192 : March 08, 2014, 11:13:17 PM

We're not **CENSORED**ing trading Revis.
It would be incredibly stupid, there's zero reason to do it, and no one here can provide anything to dispute that.

Your Daddy

Second String

#193 : March 08, 2014, 11:54:58 PM

We just need a CB who can come in and do his job in this system.

What "system" are you referring to? Tampa 2? Because Lovie doesn't employ a pure Tampa 2 anymore, and he has pretty much said so on more than one occasion. Specifically, he said that we will be playing more man coverage this season, and players like Revis will be needed.

Intriguing that if we were able to score 2 draft picks in the first few rounds for Revis, we could consider Justin Gilbert at no.7. He could be the best CB prospect I have seen since Revis came out and he is an electric special teams player.

One in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. We know what we have in Revis.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#194 : March 10, 2014, 10:35:23 PM

So with that being said, Revis isn't going anywhere. Where's the value?

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer  1m
Last year, CBs languished on the market in $5M-$6M range. This year, Shields got $9.75M/year, Grimes got $8M per, and it's not even 3/11 yet.

#GoldsonIsAsGoldsonDoes

Ha

We're not **CENSORED**ing trading Revis.
It would be incredibly stupid, there's zero reason to do it, and no one here can provide anything to dispute that.

Ha Ha

I think your sig is a good start in terms of what to say. Anyone who wants to trade Revis is a FUGGING IDIOT!! That's a fact.

Ha Ha Ha

LOL

Ha Ha Ha Ha

Dude, he has a LOT of football experience and knowledge. It's just that it's all from playing Madden. With the difficulty on Rookie.

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa.

As usual I get the last laugh.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Revis is dealt before March 13th....... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools