Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Revis is dealt before March 13th....... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 06, 2014, 09:58:41 PM

Brilliant draft picks always work out perfectly.lets trade our future hof corner to draft another corner and insert position here. Amazing. Lets strengthen the pats some more so they can make it to the super bowl yet again. Smart stuff. Were not close anyways so lets give up our best player because what the hell I like new things.lets give up less then what we got revis for and waited a whole year to come back to 100 percent. Excellent.

Wtf is wrong wit ppl. This isn't madden folks. These are the same ppl who want to give up revis then in the same breath say lets sign old Jared Allen and Devin Hester and peanut Tillman and Luke mccown.....assbackwards **CENSORED**s
#Brilliant

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 06, 2014, 10:36:13 PM

jwash8503

Second String
#32 : March 06, 2014, 11:20:11 PM

I put this in the other clueless Revis thread.  The best corner in the world is NOT overpaid.  Revis makes about $6mil more than guys named Brandon Carr and (formerly)Cortland Finnegan.  His peers talentwise, namely Peterson, Sherman, and Haden, all are playing on ROOKIE CONTRACTS.  Once they get their extension, the market will balance itself out.  Revis IS the market setter.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 06, 2014, 11:26:15 PM

Anything less than what we spent isn't worth it.

Being that he proved his worth while nursing an injury, and a system change didn't bother him, his value should be more, not less.

But because of him being a year older, and the cost of his contract, it probably should be around the same. Imvho.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 06, 2014, 11:29:02 PM

I put this in the other clueless Revis thread.  The best corner in the world is NOT overpaid.  Revis makes about $6mil more than guys named Brandon Carr and (formerly)Cortland Finnegan.  His peers talentwise, namely Peterson, Sherman, and Haden, all are playing on ROOKIE CONTRACTS.  Once they get their extension, the market will balance itself out.  Revis IS the market setter.
+1

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 06, 2014, 11:34:41 PM

Lmao. These Revis threads man. Sheesh.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 06, 2014, 11:36:04 PM

Don't try reason with these folks. They're convinced that Revis is somehow costing them money and the couple draft picks they could get in a trade will equal All Pros.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 06, 2014, 11:45:17 PM

Don't try reason with these folks. They're convinced that Revis is somehow costing them money and the couple draft picks they could get in a trade will equal All Pros.
True

jwash8503

Second String
#38 : March 07, 2014, 12:00:15 AM

That's a fact lol.  But I have to try and prevent them from influencing the less informed, otherwise they'll multiply...

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 07, 2014, 12:05:26 AM

Yes. We are in rebuilding mode and we are going to pay an almost 30 year old corner $16 million, which is $6 million more than ANY other CB in the entire NFL makes....on a team with no pass rushing ends and the last ranked offense.

We need draft picks a lot more than we need an old, about to be slow washed up corner......unless you noobs think we are "one player away".  Keeping Revis makes no sense.
I'm sorry Mr. Madden All-Star GM. Since we're "noobs" because we'd rather keep Revis please explain how you'd replace him.

You could sign the best free agent corner and still have $8 million to spend on other needs, like a speed rusher.

You can just lump me in with Tony Dungy and Warren Sapp who believe that the Revis deal was bad and we should have built from the front to the back instead of the other way around.

But you are missing the point. We don't need to replace him, because we don't need him to begin with.
Or we could keep Revis as-is and still have that 8 million to spend on that speed rusher. We have the money already to make those moves and they haven't even cut the trash yet.

Why do you people insist that we pay less for trash? The best FA corner is Talib, and all he's going to get you is front row seats to watch guys like Hakeem Nicks beat him like if he was on Roots.
I was going to bring that up but he mentioned top corner like he knew what he was talking about, so I didn't feel the need to inform him. I bet he doesn't realize Talib is going to command 10M/yr (or close to since he is top CB) though.

You think Talib is getting $10 million per? ??? Holy crap you are as stupid as I thought. WTF bro ???

Alterraun Verner is the top free agent followed by:
Vontae Davis
Sam Shields
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
Peanut
Walter Thurmond
Captain Munnerlyn
Tarell Brown

But like I said earlier that you just can't seem to grasp, we don't need Derrelle Revis for this defense.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 07, 2014, 12:15:42 AM

Yes. We are in rebuilding mode and we are going to pay an almost 30 year old corner $16 million, which is $6 million more than ANY other CB in the entire NFL makes....on a team with no pass rushing ends and the last ranked offense.

We need draft picks a lot more than we need an old, about to be slow washed up corner......unless you noobs think we are "one player away".  Keeping Revis makes no sense.
I'm sorry Mr. Madden All-Star GM. Since we're "noobs" because we'd rather keep Revis please explain how you'd replace him.

You could sign the best free agent corner and still have $8 million to spend on other needs, like a speed rusher.

You can just lump me in with Tony Dungy and Warren Sapp who believe that the Revis deal was bad and we should have built from the front to the back instead of the other way around.

But you are missing the point. We don't need to replace him, because we don't need him to begin with.
Or we could keep Revis as-is and still have that 8 million to spend on that speed rusher. We have the money already to make those moves and they haven't even cut the trash yet.

Why do you people insist that we pay less for trash? The best FA corner is Talib, and all he's going to get you is front row seats to watch guys like Hakeem Nicks beat him like if he was on Roots.
I was going to bring that up but he mentioned top corner like he knew what he was talking about, so I didn't feel the need to inform him. I bet he doesn't realize Talib is going to command 10M/yr (or close to since he is top CB) though.

You think Talib is getting $10 million per? ??? Holy crap you are as stupid as I thought. WTF bro ???

Vontae Davis
Sam Shields
Peanut
Walter Thurmond
Captain Munnerlyn
Tarell Brown

But like I said earlier that you just can't seem to grasp, we don't need Derrelle Revis for this defense.
I guess you don't read up much about anything? Hell there's a thread started by Michael about Talib being the top CB FA. It's been reported Talib will command top CB $ since he will be the top CB FA and command close to $10M. And you never answered my question. What's your thoughts on Manziel?

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 07, 2014, 12:16:14 AM

That's so awesome that a 4-12 team doesn't need HoFers anymore. I love playing Madden, too!

4-12 teams need draft picks. Lots of them.

Just like the Chiefs, huh.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#42 : March 07, 2014, 12:19:33 AM

That's a fact lol.  But I have to try and prevent them from influencing the less informed, otherwise they'll multiply...

LOL.

So you are really happy with this Dominik move?

Where is Dominik nowadays ???

Less informed?? LOL.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#43 : March 07, 2014, 12:19:46 AM

Vontae Davis
Sam Shields
Peanut
Walter Thurmond
Captain Munnerlyn
Tarell Brown

Show me a legit #1 CB in that group other than Tillman? Which one of those guys is locking up a team's #1 WR?

Inconsistent Talib is better than those dudes and I don't want him.

Your Daddy

Second String

#44 : March 07, 2014, 12:20:11 AM

Lovie said we would be playing a lot of man coverage this year. How would we not be needing one of the best man cover corners in the league?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Revis is dealt before March 13th....... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools