Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

: March 06, 2014, 10:25:48 PM

To all the glennonites out there who want him to be our starter next year despite imo being mediocre  as his ceiling, I just want to ask what starting caliber QB's would you pick glennon over that are playing now? I'll start Gabbert.

The names we come up with should tell you what are chances are with Glennon as our starter.

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 06, 2014, 10:35:42 PM

To all the glennonites out there who want him to be our starter next year despite imo being mediocre  as his ceiling, I just want to ask what starting caliber QB's would you pick glennon over that are playing now? I'll start Gabbert.

The names we come up with should tell you what are chances are with Glennon as our starter.

Ryan - Glennon did almost as well with a much crappier offense from a weapons standpoint.  I think Ryan had 17 picks and was sacked like 48 times. 

jcaulfield8

Second String

#2 : March 06, 2014, 10:38:00 PM

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 06, 2014, 10:38:25 PM

Should've labeled this thread "average" or "two quarters."

And to answer the question at hand, I'd only start him over three starting qb's in the nfl. And that's considering his upside and hindrances last season.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#4 : March 06, 2014, 10:42:17 PM

Ryan - Glennon did almost as well with a much crappier offense from a weapons standpoint.  I think Ryan had 17 picks and was sacked like 48 times.

So you'd take glennon over Matt Ryan who has thrown for 4000+ yards regularly won rookie of the year 2x pro bowler and who just the year before last was  a min away from going to the superbowl???? Yea.. false

BayAreaBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 06, 2014, 10:42:24 PM

Weeden i guess...

#Mikey2Quarters

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#6 : March 06, 2014, 10:46:03 PM

It's a blog not a 100 page essay on quantum physics,teach. Thanks for playing.

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 06, 2014, 10:47:16 PM

So you'd take glennon over Matt Ryan who has thrown for 4000+ yards regularly won rookie of the year 2x pro bowler and who just the year before last was  a min away from going to the superbowl???? Yea.. false

I would love to see Glennon with Roddy, Julio, Harry Douglas and Gonzalez.  He'd better have 4000 + yards with that cast. 

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#8 : March 06, 2014, 10:58:02 PM

I would love to see Glennon with Roddy, Julio, Harry Douglas and Gonzalez.  He'd better have 4000 + yards with that cast.

Yea right glennon can barely hit his receivers in stride. Terrible fit.Vjax is the best receiver a qb like glennon could have because he's got a big body to catch those wounded ducks he throws and can come back and out jump a guy when he throws 5- 7 yards short and has to wait for the ball to get to him.

jcaulfield8

Second String

#9 : March 06, 2014, 11:03:18 PM

It's a blog not a 100 page essay on quantum physics,teach. Thanks for playing.
i refuse to care about stupid crap from someone that doesnt know the difference between our and are

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#10 : March 06, 2014, 11:03:42 PM

Freeman.....his ceiling is very high, also he's big and is mobile.

nick777777

Starter
#11 : March 06, 2014, 11:05:39 PM

Better yet I would love to see Ryan with a 4th string RB, A rookie TE, a number two receiver whose best season was 500 yards, a rotating door for an oline, and only one legitimate target in V Jax.  But you're right let's just cut Glennon after his rookie season where he tied or beat some of the greater QB's in multiple touchdown games.  He must be average because we can judge a rookie QB after playing less than 16 games.  Where his touchdown to interception ratio was better than most of last years rookies and better than the 1st round pick QB's.  His ceiling must be mediocre because we can judge that off of what exactly? I know you aren't saying off of last season where pretty much everyone played below average on our team.  Off of the team the great Freeman took us to an 0-3 record and sadly actually had more targets in Doug Martin and Mike Williams.  So let's just bench the guy who actually showed a little promise after 12 games because he definitely is mediocre....

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 06, 2014, 11:10:37 PM

Better yet I would love to see Ryan with a 4th string RB, A rookie TE, a number two receiver whose best season was 500 yards, a rotating door for an oline, and only one legitimate target in V Jax.  But you're right let's just cut Glennon after his rookie season where he tied or beat some of the greater QB's in multiple touchdown games.  He must be average because we can judge a rookie QB after playing less than 16 games.  Where his touchdown to interception ratio was better than most of last years rookies and better than the 1st round pick QB's.  His ceiling must be mediocre because we can judge that off of what exactly? I know you aren't saying off of last season where pretty much everyone played below average on our team.  Off of the team the great Freeman took us to an 0-3 record and sadly actually had more targets in Doug Martin and Mike Williams.  So let's just bench the guy who actually showed a little promise after 12 games because he definitely is mediocre....

You should have watched last year......Ryan had no legit no.1 WR even. Harry Douglas was his leading receiver. Ryan would have died to have Vincent Jackson to throw to. 

Thanks for playing.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#13 : March 06, 2014, 11:24:25 PM

You should have watched last year......Ryan had no legit no.1 WR even. Harry Douglas was his leading receiver. Ryan would have died to have Vincent Jackson to throw to. 

Thanks for playing.
Uhm Roddy White played in 14 games...wasn't very long ago many considered him top 3 WR in the league.

Thanks for playing.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 06, 2014, 11:29:42 PM

Glennon is so good, he won four games.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools