Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#15 : March 06, 2014, 11:39:25 PM

Yup....let's forget EVERYTHING else and just boil it down to "Glennon" only won 4 games....thats really smart.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 06, 2014, 11:49:03 PM

Worst offense in the League, right?

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#17 : March 07, 2014, 12:13:22 AM

Tends to happen with a rookie QB, 4th string RB, worst Oline in the league, only 1 WR, and a dumb**CENSORED** coaching staff.....yeah, that sounds like the making of the worst offense in the league, but let's forget ALL of that and focus on Glennon so we can waste our 1st round pick on someone's favorite college QB.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 07, 2014, 12:34:28 AM

I'd rather have Glennon than...

Chad Henne/Gabbert
Matt Schaub/Case Keenum
Brandon Weeden/Brian Hoyer
Terrelle Pryor/Matt McGloin
Christian Ponder/Matt Cassell
Jake Locker
Alex Smith
Geno Smith
E.J. Manuel
Sam Bradford

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#19 : March 07, 2014, 01:14:51 AM

Tends to happen with a rookie QB, 4th string RB, worst Oline in the league, only 1 WR, and a dumb**CENSORED** coaching staff.....yeah, that sounds like the making of the worst offense in the league, but let's forget ALL of that and focus on Glennon so we can waste our 1st round pick on someone's favorite college QB.
You forgot to add that he's only 25, he's never had the same system, the defense sucked, wait, sorry I thought this was the excuses we make for Freeman thread because it looks so similar.

Psych

Starter

#20 : March 07, 2014, 01:28:04 AM

Who cares what these dimwits think about Mike Glennon? They are the same dummies that wanted Matt Barkley. There are so many posters here that just repeatedly **CENSORED** on the team, over and over and over again. Rooting for the Bucs to lose. Rooting for people to get injured. It's sad.

Edit: Earlier this year. The same dummies wanted to cut Lavonte David. The same dummies were still claiming that Gerald McCoy was a bust.
: March 07, 2014, 01:29:35 AM Psych

CaliforniaBuc40

Second String

#21 : March 07, 2014, 01:38:51 AM

To all the glennonites out there who want him to be our starter next year despite imo being mediocre  as his ceiling, I just want to ask what starting caliber QB's would you pick glennon over that are playing now? I'll start Gabbert.

The names we come up with should tell you what are chances are with Glennon as our starter.
I believe there are 17 better then him leaving him around 18th out of 32 . There are Elite Qb's then there are guys that can still help you win games like Glennon. There are a lot of not so great Qb's starting right now ex. Tannehill, Locker, Geno Smith, Manuel, Hoyer/Weeden, Palmer, Bradford, Ponder, Pryor, Smith, Cutler, Eli Manning, I would even lump in Flacco and RG3.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 07, 2014, 02:56:47 AM

Trouble is, glennon can't "help win games."

If that's so, he should've "helped" out a lot more last year, and made a better name for himself by winning more than three games(lion game doesn't count).

Any coach that gets blindsided into thinking glennon should be starting doesn't have anything invested in this team. Thank goodness lovie knows better.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

gone

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 07, 2014, 05:01:49 AM

You forgot to add that he's only 25, he's never had the same system, the defense sucked, wait, sorry I thought this was the excuses we make for Freeman thread because it looks so similar.

Making excuse for an established 5th year starter is similar to looking at a rookie QB thrown into emergency duty when the vet "franchise QB" implodes?

No wonder you morons hate Glennon.

CaliforniaBuc40

Second String

#24 : March 07, 2014, 05:18:40 AM

Trouble is, glennon can't "help win games."

If that's so, he should've "helped" out a lot more last year, and made a better name for himself by winning more than three games(lion game doesn't count).

Any coach that gets blindsided into thinking glennon should be starting doesn't have anything invested in this team. Thank goodness lovie knows better.

Yes considering it wasn't his team from the start. I think he did very well for a rookie QB, who not only had to endure a learning curve from college to the NFL, but also taking over after the failed franchise QB couldn't live up to his draft position, a constant MRSA media frenzy, a coaching staff that was falling apart and being talked about having a rift with its players. With all those things I'm sure even you the great benchwarmer wouldn't be to able to manage that kind of circus.  Imagine an actual offseason where he is the main guy taking reps, he is able to learn a well thought out system and where he is actually instilled full confidence, would do. But then again you might quote me and say these are all excuses and that I'm a glennonite.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 07, 2014, 05:54:57 AM

Glennon will look good with a baseball cap on and some long sleeves holding that clipboard. Hopefully Josh McCown comes reuinited with Lovie. I dont really want to win 8 games with Glennon and a great defense. I want 12 wins and the division title. Shooting for a ceiling of mediocrity is unacceptable.

Dominik is gone. It's time to win now.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 07, 2014, 07:11:27 AM

Better yet I would love to see Ryan with a 4th string RB, A rookie TE, a number two receiver whose best season was 500 yards, a rotating door for an oline, and only one legitimate target in V Jax.  But you're right let's just cut Glennon after his rookie season where he tied or beat some of the greater QB's in multiple touchdown games.  He must be average because we can judge a rookie QB after playing less than 16 games.  Where his touchdown to interception ratio was better than most of last years rookies and better than the 1st round pick QB's.  His ceiling must be mediocre because we can judge that off of what exactly? I know you aren't saying off of last season where pretty much everyone played below average on our team.  Off of the team the great Freeman took us to an 0-3 record and sadly actually had more targets in Doug Martin and Mike Williams.  So let's just bench the guy who actually showed a little promise after 12 games because he definitely is mediocre....

You should have watched last year......Ryan had no legit no.1 WR even. Harry Douglas was his leading receiver. Ryan would have died to have Vincent Jackson to throw to. 

Thanks for playing.

Glennon is a rookie with no weapons and did admirably.  This board confuses me.  You hate the players we have and you hate the players that have left here.  No wonder this franchise struggles to find a positive mojo.  Pathetic.

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 07, 2014, 07:17:49 AM

Glennon is so good, he won four games.

Matt Ryan is so good, he won 4 games.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 07, 2014, 07:30:10 AM

EJ Manuel .....who's next ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 07, 2014, 07:31:06 AM

Glennon is so good, he won four games.

Matt Ryan is so good, he won 4 games.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools