Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 07, 2014, 07:42:17 AM

It's a blog not a 100 page essay on quantum physics,teach. Thanks for playing.

Yeah grammar doesn't matter at all. Although I did have to read it three times to figure out what you were trying to say. If you would rather have Gabbert than Glennon, your assessment of QB play is similar to your writing skills.

I just can't understand how after 13 games people are so confident that Glennon is not the guy. Well I guess I know exactly why, Russell Wilson, RGIII and Andrew Luck. All three had successful rookie seasons so that quickly becomes the normal. It's not though. For those with their feet on the ground, Glennon played much better than expected and finished his year off with his best performance of the year, per PFF on the road against a tough Saints defense.

Those who think Glennon is what he was last year are sorely mistaken. Truth is we're not sure what he is, but we'd better be damned sure he isn't our guy before moving on. I also find it funny that many of the Glennon-haters are also JFF fans. Interdasting...

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 07, 2014, 07:53:27 AM

Well the really odd thing is if any drafted QB Fan X likes put up Glennon's year under much better conditions this season they would be gleeful. With Glennon the goal posts move. He wasn't gonna ever be a player in the league. Now his ceiling is limited because he showed he can play in this league.

As BucNY said we don't know what he is at this stage. The staff is gonna make an evaluation and frankly they could decide he is or isn't the future and it would be desperately hard to argue with them based off the evidence we have.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 07, 2014, 08:07:56 AM

Glennon is so good, he won four games.

Matt Ryan is so good, he won 4 games.

Hmmm...arent the Falcons and stud QB Matt Ryan picking before us?  Yea, he carries a team...so should a rookie.  Come on guys.

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 07, 2014, 08:24:19 AM

Dalbuc, I think you nailed it.

Peoples hatred of Glennon has more to do with who drafted him, where he was drafted and the fact that NO ONE had them on their radar. For 99% of fans, it was a WTF type of moment when he drafted him. At that point Glennon never had a chance. I'll admit that I had a similar response, however after I checked into the guy, I did like his style so I gave him a chance and he did better than I thought he would.

I guess if you hate him, you hate him. To think that people believe JFF or Blake Bortles is a better passer than Glennon right now is just silly.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 07, 2014, 08:28:27 AM

Peoples hatred of Glennon has more to do with who drafted him, where he was drafted and the fact that NO ONE had them on their radar. For 99% of fans, it was a WTF type of moment when he drafted him. At that point Glennon never had a chance. I'll admit that I had a similar response, however after I checked into the guy, I did like his style so I gave him a chance and he did better than I thought he would.

I guess if you hate him, you hate him. To think that people believe JFF or Blake Bortles is a better passer than Glennon right now is just silly.

Agree completely.  I can only imagine where I would be in life if someone decided after my first year out of college what my ceiling would be.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 07, 2014, 08:30:53 AM

There are guys who crater so totally you know they are lunch after one year. Gabbert was one such guy. Total loss from the word go. Glennon didn't look like that guy. He looked like what rookie QB's tend to look like.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#36 : March 07, 2014, 08:32:34 AM

Who here loves Matt Ryan? I sure in the hell don't, he is overrated as hell. Glennon was a large part of the problem last year and isn't an elite QB and he never will be. So why pass on an elite QB when one becomes available to have a below average QB at the helm? Glennon wasn't the biggest problem with the team last year but he was a big problem. He will be a good career back up.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#37 : March 07, 2014, 08:35:15 AM

Who here loves Matt Ryan? I sure in the hell don't, he is overrated as hell. Glennon was a large part of the problem last year and isn't an elite QB and he never will be. So why pass on an elite QB when one becomes available to have a below average QB at the helm? Glennon wasn't the biggest problem with the team last year but he was a big problem. He will be a good career back up.

There are only 3-4 elite QBs.  Did anyone really think Glennon would become one of those guys being drafted in the 3rd round?  If there were one of those guys this year, I would be all for it, but there isnt an option out there short of Teddy falling to #7 or Carr in the 2nd that I would take over Glennon.

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 07, 2014, 08:35:57 AM

Agree completely.  I can only imagine where I would be in life if someone decided after my first year out of college what my ceiling would be.

Perfect statement.  His work ethic is off the charts.  There are very few examples anyone can give me where hard work doesn't pay off.  I've said it before, if you dont like the way he looks that's fine but I am certain his ceiling is higher than most on this board think. 

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 07, 2014, 08:37:41 AM

I thought Glennon was a surprise because I knew little about him. I heard his senior year was a mess but his receivers were piles of steaming Rodney "The OG Fowl" Harrison. Garbage.

But I apauded the pick because it meant Freefall was finally given a chance to hear a warning shot. Couldn't understand the hatred.

Imagine if the Bucs didn't draft Glennon. We would have Freetard and Orlovsky. Both basically garbage.

At least we have a borderline starter (could elevate his game), or a very good backup.

Good pick. Still think it is.

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 07, 2014, 08:40:19 AM

Ok Nostradamus - glad you can see the future!  I think you may be dead wrong about him.  Also, most analysts think there are no elite QBs in this draft.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 07, 2014, 08:49:03 AM

Amazing all the "elite" QBs coming up in this draft...
    LOL; and there's that "never" word again regarding Glennon's chances of NFL success. Music to his ears, I'm sure... ;D

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 07, 2014, 08:49:23 AM

Peoples hatred of Glennon has more to do with who drafted him, where he was drafted and the fact that NO ONE had them on their radar.

this is the approach for many posters" on this board.  Barron is another example, he gets a lot of grief because of when he was drafted.  People want to trade Martin because of when he was drafted.  People want to trade Revis because they don't like his salary . . . .the player has little control over that stuff, be mad at Dom but give the player a fair shake . . . as a player, not as a draft position.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#43 : March 07, 2014, 08:56:10 AM

I'm not even saying that I think glennon is garbage I think he has the talent to be a good backup and possibly a spot starter for u in a pinch if the person in from of him gets hurt. A billy volek if you will. But in not one game did I see glennon play did I go wow, How did he make that play? I'm not blaming glennon for all of what happened last year I know for a fact it's not all on him and the coaching staff was garbage and there were injuries. But in the same vain he still ran the 32nd ranked offense and one of the most dreadful second half teams in games that I have ever seen in my life. So To act like no blame should be put on glennon is foolish imo. I should still see something that tends to stick out that should compel me that he would be a good starter for us in the future I didn't see it. 19 yrs and 9 picks looks good when you view it in a vaccuum but then 7 fumbles and it's not so good. The fact that we couldn't score in the second half and were down most of the game you would think he would of thrown more picks because that's what your supposed to do when your team's behind by 2+ tds let the ball rip. Not run out of bounds on third and long with 5 mins to play in the fourth. So either he's incaple of making those plays or he dorsnt have the sack to let it rip and try to win.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 07, 2014, 09:28:30 AM

I'm not even saying that I think glennon is garbage I think he has the talent to be a good backup and possibly a spot starter for u in a pinch if the person in from of him gets hurt. A billy volek if you will. But in not one game did I see glennon play did I go wow, How did he make that play? I'm not blaming glennon for all of what happened last year I know for a fact it's not all on him and the coaching staff was garbage and there were injuries. But in the same vain he still ran the 32nd ranked offense and one of the most dreadful second half teams in games that I have ever seen in my life. So To act like no blame should be put on glennon is foolish imo. I should still see something that tends to stick out that should compel me that he would be a good starter for us in the future I didn't see it. 19 yrs and 9 picks looks good when you view it in a vaccuum but then 7 fumbles and it's not so good. The fact that we couldn't score in the second half and were down most of the game you would think he would of thrown more picks because that's what your supposed to do when your team's behind by 2+ tds let the ball rip. Not run out of bounds on third and long with 5 mins to play in the fourth. So either he's incaple of making those plays or he dorsnt have the sack to let it rip and try to win.

In a second year QB you might have an argument, for a rookie go look at what most rookies do and realize that they are tentative. They are inefficient.  You say he didn't wow you on any play, i tell you what I have never watched Brady or Manning or Rivers or Eli or Flacco and thought "wow". The end product is wow but the process looks simple and not exciting.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools