Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#90 : March 08, 2014, 12:23:47 AM

I would love to draft Bridgewater, I think hes a franchise QB and an elite prospect. I would be excited for Manziel and probably enjoy that experiment one way or the other. Ill admit the future is unknown with Glennon and its obvious that the new staff isnt going into next season without an insurance policy, even if they cant draft one of the top QBs. But the real thing that Glennon needed the most in order to succeed in 2014 was Mike Sullivans system out of here and that is what happened. That is the single biggest factor of what will make him better in 2014. Im not concerned about the QB play at all. We will either draft a stud that falls to us, or Glennon is gonna rock in year 2.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#91 : March 08, 2014, 01:06:49 AM

That's kinda where I'm at pepsi.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#92 : March 08, 2014, 01:58:04 AM

I don't see how glennon will rock having to learn a new system, AND not be protected by it.

Tedford will ask him to do things he's not accustomed to, and glennon will have pressure on him to score more than he has.

IF they do the dumb/lazy thing, and start glennon, they had better play protection type football (again).

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Your Daddy

Second String

#93 : March 08, 2014, 04:01:05 AM

I would love to draft Bridgewater, I think hes a franchise QB and an elite prospect. I would be excited for Manziel and probably enjoy that experiment one way or the other. Ill admit the future is unknown with Glennon and its obvious that the new staff isnt going into next season without an insurance policy, even if they cant draft one of the top QBs. But the real thing that Glennon needed the most in order to succeed in 2014 was Mike Sullivans system out of here and that is what happened. That is the single biggest factor of what will make him better in 2014. Im not concerned about the QB play at all. We will either draft a stud that falls to us, or Glennon is gonna rock in year 2.

There isn't a QB in this draft class that I would classify as "elite". I think some of you are ignorantly applying elite status to some of these prospects for the sake of calling someone elite.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#94 : March 08, 2014, 08:16:12 AM

There isn't a QB in this draft class that I would classify as "elite". I think some of you are ignorantly applying elite status to some of these prospects for the sake of calling someone elite.

Desperation . They want a Franchise QB so bad they are convincing themselves of stuff that isn't really there. This is how the Gabberts and the Ponders of the world get drafted so high.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#95 : March 08, 2014, 08:32:45 AM

DJ, I thought you really liked Teddy

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#96 : March 08, 2014, 08:53:19 AM

DJ, I thought you really liked Teddy

I do , but I don't believe there's any chance Teddy will really be there. A lot of smoke screening going on right now , but he will be gone.

IMO Teddy is the only Franchise QB in this draft ....surefire anyways.

Bortles and Manziel could be , but they are gambles at #7 in my eyes. I would probably take the gamble on Manziel but pass on Bortles if it came down to it.

In short , there's only 2 QB's I'd take at #7 and one of them I would do so very warily.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#97 : March 08, 2014, 02:47:01 PM

Desperation . They want a Franchise QB so bad they are convincing themselves of stuff that isn't really there. This is how the Gabberts and the Ponders of the world get drafted so high.
Really? Thats what you think? I guess you havent read any of my posts before. Im perfectly fine with not drafting a QB untill later and having Glennon be the man in 2014, but Ive considered Bridgewater an elite QB prospect for almost a year now. There are only two elite prospects in this draft in my mind. Bridewater and Clowney, and I think thats the general consensus. I dont see anyone "ignorantly applying elite status" to any players besides those 2.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#98 : March 08, 2014, 02:49:20 PM

+564

smithcar

Starter

#99 : March 08, 2014, 03:30:27 PM

None of the QB's really excite me but neither does Glennon.  I would like to see Glennon get a chance to play with a good O-line and Martin running the ball.  If we draft a young guy I am not sure we really have the weapons to help him or Glennon for that matter, I think that Jackson can be taken away from an O, and we don't have a blow the top of WR so teams will load the box against us to stop Martin.  I wouldn't be shocked if Williams is cut because his off season is not going great, but he can play and be a good player for us but we still need at least one more weapon and at least one more O lineman that can start preferably 2 or 3.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#100 : March 08, 2014, 04:17:12 PM

I don't see how glennon will rock having to learn a new system, AND not be protected by it.

Tedford will ask him to do things he's not accustomed to, and glennon will have pressure on him to score more than he has.

IF they do the dumb/lazy thing, and start glennon, they had better play protection type football (again).
That's funny because of how wrong it is. On the contrary Telford will ask him to do things he actually is more accustomed to. Sullivan's system was something that he and most QBs aren't accustomed to.

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools