Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "I grew up going to Bucs games and it’d be great to play there" « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : March 07, 2014, 03:25:35 AM »

Aaron Murray would love to play for Tampa Bay Buccaneers

By Joe Soriano - Mar 6th, 2014 at 12:22 pm

Georgia Bulldogs quarterback Aaron Murray (11) runs through the Appalachian State Mountaineers defense during the second half at Sanford Stadium. Georgia defeated Appalachian State 45-6.
 Dale Zanine-USA TODAY Sports

Georgia Bulldogs product Aaron Murray is my fifth-ranked quarterback in this year’s draft class, and he is one of the top second-tier options available for teams that don’t want to have to pay premium for a quarterback in this year’s draft. A 2nd-3rd round prospect, Murray had plenty of success in college football’s toughest conference, and his body of work is significantly more impressive than fellow SEC draft prospect A.J. McCarron’s. Murray has all the intangibles and accuracy that McCarron does, and he also has significant better tools that could allow him to succeed as a starting quarterback in the NFL. At the very least, he’s worth taking a flier on if you don’t have a fully settled situation at the position.

FanSided.com’s Jack Jorgensen was recently able to interview Murray, and the most interesting takeaway from the interview wasn’t too surprising. When asked if there is a team that Murray would love to play for in particular, he responded that it would be “special” to play for the hometown Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

He said, “Absolutely, I’d be happy to just be chosen by any organization, but growing up in Tampa, it’d be special to go back home and play for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I grew up going to Bucs games and it’d be a great experience to get to play my professional football there.”

The Bucs make logical sense as a landing spot for Murray, because they could use another quarterback in this year’s draft class. While they might not want to spend their first-round pick on a guy like Derek Carr, they could go for a second-tier QB in Murray. This would give them another young guy to try out and develop at the position, and it would also enable them to stick with last year’s second day pick Mike Glennon for another year

http://nflspinzone.com/2014/03/06/aaron-murray-love-play-tampa-bay-buccaneers/

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #1 : March 07, 2014, 07:40:58 AM »

The article is BS...he might have been a 2-3 before the knee injury , he is more like a 4th rounder now , maybe a 5th .

Bring the kid home if he is sitting there in round 5.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

« #2 : March 07, 2014, 07:44:44 AM »

Murray is the man

He tweeted this during the national championship between bama and nd haha.

Aj McCarrons girlfriend needs to become a Dawg fan #dawgsontop
9:17 PM - 7 Jan 2013

Still a fifth round guy as you said though, Dolorous.

nitey

Hall of Famer
« #3 : March 07, 2014, 07:46:45 AM »

I think he'll go in the 3rd, no later than the 4th. If he's there in the 4th or if we pick up a 3rd round pick, I honestly would be happy to pick up Murray. I don't think he'll go in the 2nd though unless some team really, really likes him.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #4 : March 07, 2014, 07:47:21 AM »

He was always a day 3 pick and likely a lot later than even Dolorous is saying. I don't think anyone ever really considered him a "top" prospect. He lacks the arm, the build, the footwork and the pocket awareness to be a top end QB.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

nitey

Hall of Famer
« #5 : March 07, 2014, 07:55:24 AM »

It's a quarterback thin draft, I think that will push him higher than you might expect.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #6 : March 07, 2014, 08:18:55 AM »

If we can't get one of the top 3 QBs.....I'd try to trade Glennon to the Ravens for Tyrod Taylor and then draft Murray in the 4th or 5th round. Both guys are a bit undersized but mobile and have shown promise. Let em battle it out in camp to see who is the starter and who is the back up. A Taylor/Murray duo would be an exciting battle imo.

In reality I think we end up with Glennon and Josh McCown battling it out. Ugh.
« : March 07, 2014, 08:28:13 AM JDouble »

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #7 : March 07, 2014, 08:29:09 AM »

If we can't get one of the top 3 QBs.....I'd try to trade Glennon to the Ravens for Tyrod Taylor and then draft Murray in the 4th or 5th round. Both guys are a bit undersized but mobile and have shown promise. Let em battle it out in camp to see who is the starter and who is the back up.

Tyrod Taylor? Is this part of a tank the season sort of plan? Seriously, the guy had been in the league 3 years and tossed 35 rather unspectacular passes.

My favorite stat is that in 2011 is that he threw 1 pass and got sacked 2 times.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #8 : March 07, 2014, 08:32:36 AM »

It's his mancrush.

I watched Aaron Murray twice. DBucfan told me to check him out one Saturday and I came away less than impressed.

Meh. We don't need any more average type backups. Next.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #9 : March 07, 2014, 08:33:54 AM »

If we can't get one of the top 3 QBs.....I'd try to trade Glennon to the Ravens for Tyrod Taylor

huh?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #10 : March 07, 2014, 08:34:31 AM »

It's his mancrush.

I watched Aaron Murray twice. DBucfan told me to check him out one Saturday and I came away less than impressed.

Meh. We don't need any more average type backups. Next.
I agree 100%. However, I bet Murray does get a legit shot at a starting job somewhere within the next 3 years.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #11 : March 07, 2014, 08:35:50 AM »

If we can't get one of the top 3 QBs.....I'd try to trade Glennon to the Ravens for Tyrod Taylor and then draft Murray in the 4th or 5th round. Both guys are a bit undersized but mobile and have shown promise. Let em battle it out in camp to see who is the starter and who is the back up.

Tyrod Taylor? Is this part of a tank the season sort of plan? Seriously, the guy had been in the league 3 years and tossed 35 rather unspectacular passes.

My favorite stat is that in 2011 is that he threw 1 pass and got sacked 2 times.

Come on man. He is the back up to Joe Flacco. Flacco makes $20M a year and just won a Super Bowl. What kinda stats do you expect him to be putting up? lol.

I think he is an interesting guy. Would make a great back up if he doesn't prove to be starter material. Can be used as an offensive weapon too. I'd rather take a shot on him than give up a 2nd for Cousins or overpay Josh McCown to be our savior. At least he has an excitement factor and could end up being something special. I don't see those traits in any other options.

But like I said.....Glennon/McCown will probably be what we end up with in 2014.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #12 : March 07, 2014, 08:36:19 AM »

Part of me actually likes Murray, but at some point you have to trust the scouts. Think about it. Murray has started 40-some games for a power team (that produced a #1 overall pick at QB 5 years ago) in the biggest conference in college football and NO ONE thinks he's a 1st or 2nd round pick. If the scouts don't think he's very good, what did they miss?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #13 : March 07, 2014, 08:42:04 AM »

I think he was really good at times but choked a lot. Combine that with his small size and small hands, and the ACL.....you get a 5th round pick.

sammich

Starter

« #14 : March 07, 2014, 09:57:42 AM »

I think he is exactly the kind of QB we should look at in this draft.  He will have time to rehab the injury with no expectations while he learns the pro game and won't cost us much.  If he is our backup for the next 10 years then that is worth a 5th.  Anything else is a bonus.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "I grew up going to Bucs games and it’d be great to play there" « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools