Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "I grew up going to Bucs games and itd be great to play there" « previous next »
Page: 1 2

acacius

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 07, 2014, 10:16:42 AM

I think he is an interesting guy. Would make a great back up if he doesn't prove to be starter material. Can be used as an offensive weapon too. I'd rather take a shot on him than give up a 2nd for Cousins or overpay Josh McCown to be our savior. At least he has an excitement factor and could end up being something special. I don't see those traits in any other options.

But like I said.....Glennon/McCown will probably be what we end up with in 2014.
I don't see much of an excitement factor in Tyrod Taylor.  At least with overpaying McCown, you're not giving up long-term resources so long as it's not a long-term contract with lots of guaranteed money.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 07, 2014, 10:19:07 AM

With Murray injury he could be had in the 4th easily. If I were the Bucs I'd pick up Chad Henne, Josh McCown or Matt Flynn to back up Glennon. If Bridgewater, Bortles and Manziel are gone by #7 and Carr is gone by the 2nd round selection then why not take Murray in the 4th and red shirt him for a 2015 QB competition.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 07, 2014, 11:00:35 AM

I'd rather take Savage or Vaughn in the 5th or later if if they're going to pick up a project QB.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 07, 2014, 11:02:37 AM

I'd rather take Savage or Vaughn in the 5th or later if if they're going to pick up a project QB.

Have you watched Keith Wenning? He's in that later round group with Vaughn and Savage. I think he is a little underrated actually.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 07, 2014, 11:11:20 AM

I see him as a UDFA...   reminds me of Case Keenum.   He'll need 2-3 years to get to be a NFL competent backup/starter.   

Did really well against lesser competition, sucked eggs against bigger schools.   

Savage and Vaughn are bigger and have better arms.   But similar in football experience and intellect IMO.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 07, 2014, 01:03:49 PM

Bring him home if we somehow tank finding a better qb.

Sometimes having a player that WANTS to play for you, is better than the guy with all the talent that doesn't care.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 07, 2014, 02:25:15 PM

It's a quarterback thin draft, I think that will push him higher than you might expect.
what happened in 2013?  All but three went in the 5th or later.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 07, 2014, 02:28:37 PM

I see him as a UDFA...   reminds me of Case Keenum.   He'll need 2-3 years to get to be a NFL competent backup/starter.   

Did really well against lesser competition, sucked eggs against bigger schools.   

Savage and Vaughn are bigger and have better arms.   But similar in football experience and intellect IMO.
I think Keenum might be a pretty good comparison. But Murray's bad games against good teams largely stopped about midway through his junior season. He's been pretty consistently good since then.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#23 : March 07, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Murray is a downgrade from Glennon.  At least Glennon can hit a skinny post or a seem route effortlessly.  It would be a waste of a draft pick to draft a QB that doesn't have the potential to be out Glennon.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 07, 2014, 11:13:37 PM

Agree.  He is a project.  If Glennon was to get seriously hurt, your going to throw this guy in there ready or not? They probably are going to carry 2 QB's. So the #2 QB needs to be someone that can jump right in there, and be at the very least, adequate.  I don't see that in this guy.  He would be a better candidate for the practice squad, then being out there facing live bullets.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "I grew up going to Bucs games and itd be great to play there" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools