Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown is on the radar.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« : March 07, 2014, 11:53:12 AM »

According to JoeBucsFan

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=108440#more-108440

Take it for what it's worth.

Good explanation of the negotiation period in the link ... 

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #1 : March 07, 2014, 01:23:32 PM »

Here's the rule on negotiations...

Beginning at 12:00 noon ET on Saturday, March 8 and ending at 3:59:59 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 11, clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2013 player contracts at 4:00 p.m. ET on March 11.  However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4:00 p.m. ET on March 11.

During this negotiation period, a prospective unrestricted free agent cannot visit a club (other than the player’s current club) at its permanent facility or at any other location, and no direct contact is permitted between the player and any employee or representative of a club (other than the player’s current club).  If a player is self-represented, clubs are prohibited from discussions with the player during the negotiating period.

Clubs (other than the player’s current club) may not discuss or make any travel arrangements with prospective unrestricted free agent players, their certified agents, or anyone else associated with the player until the expiration of those players’ 2013 Player Contracts at 4:00 p.m. ET on March 11.

The three-day negotiating period applies only to potential unrestricted free agents; it does not apply to players who are potential Exclusive Rights Players or Restricted Free Agents, or to players who have been designated as Franchise Players or Transition Players.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

bouconagain

Pro Bowler

« #2 : March 07, 2014, 01:36:21 PM »

According to JoeBucsFan

Let's discuss it on the JBF message boards, which took over the world in summer 2013.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #3 : March 07, 2014, 01:38:58 PM »

lol - I saw that...

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #4 : March 07, 2014, 01:40:02 PM »

Not a mccown fan. I hope they're wrong.

Hopefully they go after a young qb with great upside instead.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #5 : March 07, 2014, 01:40:56 PM »

Shaun Hill is the same QB as Josh McCown, and he comes at a cheaper price.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #6 : March 07, 2014, 01:41:43 PM »

We are going to need a vet IMO.

I still want them to go all in on Bridgewater.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #7 : March 07, 2014, 01:52:42 PM »

See, you understand too.

Tb could be mentored by dan. There is no need to sign mccown really. Well, other than mccown being lovie's broham.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #8 : March 07, 2014, 02:15:10 PM »

Don't see the point of signing him.  Either try to continue to develop Glennon or draft someone else.  Bringing in a 36 year old to compete serves no long term purpose and it's not like he would even makes us a playoff team this one year. 

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #9 : March 07, 2014, 02:16:30 PM »

Smith made it perfectly clear they want a vet...

So...   

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #10 : March 07, 2014, 02:18:15 PM »

For what purpose? 

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #11 : March 07, 2014, 02:19:36 PM »

who knows if it is true, but surprising?

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
« #12 : March 07, 2014, 02:32:51 PM »

See, you understand too.

Tb could be mentored by dan. There is no need to sign mccown really. Well, other than mccown being lovie's broham.

Dan is a free agent. I'll take the vet option preferred by Tedford to the one brought in by the last guy.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #13 : March 07, 2014, 02:41:37 PM »

Sign him and draft Mike Evans it's like he never left Chicago.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

« #14 : March 07, 2014, 03:02:19 PM »

According to JoeBucsFan

JoeBucsFan= Captain Obvious
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McCown is on the radar.... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools