Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Jaguars to Pass on QB in 1st Round; Good News for Bucs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#15 : March 07, 2014, 06:05:58 PM

If this sticks and Houston doesn't take a QB, one of the three QB's will be there when we pick. Which would really change things up for us.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 07, 2014, 06:08:13 PM

Only if Bridgewater is within reach.  Otherwise its a non-event.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 07, 2014, 10:19:03 PM

I am not buying it.  They need a QB bad.  Just a few weeks ago, their owner Kahn [sp?]  said they will 100% for sure, draft a QB with their 1st round pick.  So much smoke leading up to the draft.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 07, 2014, 10:34:56 PM

I am not buying it.  They need a QB bad.  Just a few weeks ago, their owner Kahn [sp?]  said they will 100% for sure, draft a QB with their 1st round pick.  So much smoke leading up to the draft.

Thats because there is nothing there. Commish wrote an article with a misleading title because some beat writer quoted a "source" who said theyd expect them to take a QB later. Big deal. What do you expect them to do? I can write an article about it and post it here like the Commish if everyone would like.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 07, 2014, 10:50:14 PM

Thats because there is nothing there. Commish wrote an article with a misleading title because some beat writer quoted a "source" who said theyd expect them to take a QB later. Big deal. What do you expect them to do? I can write an article about it and post it here like the Commish if everyone would like.

Agree.  I am not sure there is a team out there, that needs a QB as much as the Jags do.  So they are going to select a QB later in the draft?  Or hold off, and draft a QB in the 2015 draft? Makes no sense to me.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

spurzo

Second String

#20 : March 07, 2014, 11:38:27 PM

Quarterbacks are overdrafted every year by teams less desperate than Hou, Jax, Cle and Oak are for a franchise qb. I'd be very surprised if 2 of the 3 weren't gone by the time our picked rolled around.  Getting the qb that those awful franchises pass on, does not sound very smart.  I think an OT or Mack would be best for us.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 08, 2014, 12:16:09 AM

The Jags signing a QB may make it less likely that they are going to take a QB, but it doesn't mean they won't for sure. Even in the article it says sources believe the Jags won't...it didn't say the Jags have said they won't. Also, someone with the Jags said don't read too much into the signing. Henne is their starter but that doesn't mean they won't draft a QB...even in round 1.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#22 : March 08, 2014, 12:17:06 AM

Quarterbacks are overdrafted every year by teams less desperate than Hou, Jax, Cle and Oak are for a franchise qb. I'd be very surprised if 2 of the 3 weren't gone by the time our picked rolled around.  Getting the qb that those awful franchises pass on, does not sound very smart.  I think an OT or Mack would be best for us.
Im a big fan of Mack but I dont think he would be a great pick for us unless he can play DE which I doubt. OT though, yea that would be a good pick for us. Mathews or Lewman would be a nice piece to Oline for the next 5+ years

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 08, 2014, 12:17:45 AM

Depends who is there. I think Clowney will be there pick if he falls. Otherwise they will take a QB. Makes zero sense not to.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : March 08, 2014, 07:05:22 AM

Any QB they get will suck with the team in place. They will get Carr'd.

It makes more sense for them to build a nice offensive line. Or draft Manziel who might be able to thrive when things call apart.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 08, 2014, 07:30:58 AM

Until Houston addresses their quarterback situation, I still think there is a greater chance Houston will draft a quarterback than taking Clowney. I honestly believe that Houston feels that they would rather HAVE Clowney, but they can't go into 2014 with Schuab as quarterback again after he was jerked around last season and showed that he may have lost his starters ability.

I absolutely think Cleveland WILL draft a quarterback, in fact, I would be greatly surprised if they don't trade up to #2 and jump the Jags for the right to pick either the second or the top quarterback, they have the draft choices to do so. After all, they still have another 1st round choice later in the draft, so I'm certain they are going to take one early.

The Jags need a quarterback and I strongly think they will still pick one, but if Houston takes one and Cleveland takes one, I'm less sure that they will gamble on whomever is left.

As far as Oakland, not sure what they will do either. If 2 of the top 3 quarterbacks are still there, I think there is a decent chance that they will take one. If two are gone, it will depend on whomever is left.

So, I still think it's likely that 2 of the 3 quarterbacks are gone by our pick, with 4 teams looking at needing quarterbacks ahead of us, I figure at least two of them will bite.

JMO.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Your Daddy

Second String

#26 : March 08, 2014, 07:38:58 AM

http://cbsloc.al/1cIq9ri

You're a fool if you think any of the QB's available are upgrades over what we have. Watch the tape. None of the QB prospects are can't miss, once in a generation, bad ass prospects. They all have major flaws, and I would be pissed if we took one in the first round.

Best strategy is to take best player available.

Your Daddy

Second String

#27 : March 08, 2014, 07:39:47 AM

Browns dont like any qb this year.

Even if you had an inside track on what the Browns were thinking, if the Browns aren't enamored by any of the QB prospects, what does that tell you, you moron?

What I think is hilarious is that some of you would be super stoked if ANY QB fell to us at 7. Its like you think that the only way to acquire a franchise QB is by drafting him top 10, regardless of what flawed prospect you pick.
: March 08, 2014, 07:45:07 AM Captain Morgan

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
#28 : March 08, 2014, 08:05:15 AM

The Commish sucks anymore. His show has been garbage since Gary Shelton got booted. Gary brought the only intellect and insight to the show. Now it's all filler that's unrelated to sports. Much like Ron & Ian.

Back on subject, the Jags aren't going to tell anybody their draft plans.. common sense..
: March 08, 2014, 08:11:38 AM TBChucky

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#29 : March 08, 2014, 10:26:24 AM

I did like the old show better than fan interference. All they do is joke around. No real sports talk.

If you are going to pull that off you need to be legitimately funny like Jay Mohr , not just trying to be.
: March 08, 2014, 10:32:17 AM Dolorous Jason

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Report: Jaguars to Pass on QB in 1st Round; Good News for Bucs? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools