Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR'S FAB 5 NOW UP: BUCS OFFSEASON, PLANS, UNIFORM THOUGHTS AND MORE « previous next »
Page: 1 2

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
: March 07, 2014, 05:04:56 PM

What did Scott Reynolds think of the Buccaneers' new uniforms and the way they were unveiled? What is SR's offseason plans for the Buccaneers? Who does he re-sign, who does he release? Which players should be signed in free agency and which ones should be drafted? Find out in this edition of SR's Fab 5.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=9667:&Itemid=15

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 07, 2014, 05:28:58 PM

Not a fan of drafting all defense except for the 7th round pick and love Asamoah, clearly better than Joseph but he is walking wounded. DRAFT A FREAKING OL OR TWO.....instead of signing old beat up players.

Here are some OL who may be available when we pick:
1st
Greg Robinson
Jake Matthews

2nd
Morgan Moses
David Yankey
Xavier Sula Filo

4th
Jon Halapio
Spencer Long

If they draft all defense and ignore the offense except for one wasted pick on a crap WR I am going to puke.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

kbl117

Starter

#2 : March 07, 2014, 05:44:34 PM

that offseason looks awful, and does little to address the reasons the bucs went 4-12.

1) using 2nd and 4tg round picks on MLB and CB,with quality young players already on the roster at tbose positions makes little sense. Especially when you forecast a secondary that already consist of Revis, Tillman, and Banks

2) While soms aspects of the OL musical chairs that youre predicting would seem to improve the team, it seems an overall wasted allocation of the teams valuable resources. Also, seems throwing more premium contracts at more FA interior OLmen is the path we need to move away from.

3) You manage to envision a scenario where the Bucs will have 30+ mil free in free agemcy and somehow spend it all (mostly in places where talent already exists on the roster) without addressing the team, and Lovie Smiths, OBVIOUS 1st priority -- a 10+ sack DE. Absolutely no way we roll the dice and enter the draft witjout a new DE, and then enter the season with an undersized, converted rookie LB, as our only addition at DE heading into the season

The only improvements I really see from your predictions are McCown, Tillman, Khalil Mack (not sure I agree that hes drafted as a DE either). I honestly dont know how much the OL musical chairs headed by Alex Mack/Collins, improves over a refreshed Penn/Joseph/zuttah (at reduced salaries). For that, cut the pricey vets and go young in mid rounds for these EASILY addressable areas. Good thing SRs not a GM, Id be an angry Buc fan if we addressed the biggest needs DE, slot WR/TE, QB, and OL with that effort

kbl117

Starter

#3 : March 07, 2014, 05:55:30 PM

Lovie will sign a good DE, maybe 2

I wont be surprised if Zuttah is released, but would strongly prefer him at 3 mil over Mack at 9-10 mil

I think Joseph restruxtures or more likely takes a paycut, and Penn is only released if the Bucs feel they can sign a younger, better reacement like Albert/Monroe. In the event the sign one of those guys, hes gone.

Roberts seems like a good possibility at WR, could see anyone ranging from McCluster to James Jones but someone will be signed at WR for sure

I agree cut Koenen and make Barth play for an affordable number

If Manziel, Bortles or Bridgewater ai think you have to take them. A franchise QB is a gamble worth taking in rd 1. Rather swing and miss on Manziel then Gaines Adams

Is Akeem Spence no longer a Buccaneer, or is everyone forgetting that NT isn't a talent-needy position?

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 07, 2014, 06:02:59 PM

Comparing the release of a football uniform to a government charlie foxtrot is hyperbole at its finest.  I read that as an over reaction.  To each his own.

(One is entertainment, one is definitely not.)

I also thought there were too many moving parts in that offseason., but unfortunately that level of overhaul may be due.

IMHO

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 07, 2014, 06:11:00 PM

Yeah that was horrible except for the rant about the uniform change. 

VA_Buc30

Starter

#6 : March 07, 2014, 06:12:20 PM

To even suggest that a free agent wouldn't sign here because of uniforms is laughable.   All these guys will wear whatever you tell them as long as the price is right. 

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 07, 2014, 06:15:48 PM

To even suggest that a free agent wouldn't sign here because of uniforms is laughable.   All these guys will wear whatever you tell them as long as the price is right.

Might as well argue that one WOULD sign here only because of the uniforms...  Both are equally ludicrous.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 07, 2014, 06:26:34 PM

What the point in keeping Davin even at a reduced price?   I believe he was the lowest graded OG on PFF.  Crap is crap even if you get it on sale.  No OL drafted.  A MLB in the 2nd.  No upgrade to Teo's position other than hoping Cullen can turn Bowers or Gholston into a 10 sack guy.  Plus you say it like its a fact that we are rolling with Glennon yet Lovie has said some conflicting things and we have met with several QBs.  No real improvement as far as pass catchers go.  Just horrible.
: March 07, 2014, 06:47:31 PM Skull and Bones

The Freeman

Starter

#9 : March 07, 2014, 06:45:18 PM

i'm all for Alex Mack but there is NO WAY Cleveland dont match any offer you can make...
the best (and only) strategy to have Mack is to wait next year and hope he doesn't sign any long-term deal until next year!

agree on the cut/paycut candidate & resigning Watson/Casillas
resign Economos & Lorig only for vet minimum... don't keep Joseph for more than $2 million
like and don't like some FA choices: like Tillman, Hester, Roberts, Veldheer, Monroe, Collins, Schwartz, Asamoah & Walker... don't like Ballard, Oher (Joseph 2.0, overrated) & Albert...

zero chance we don't sign at least one FA edge rusher

don't understand some draft choice...
Borland at #38? imo Borland isn't a Top 50 pick, agree we have a real need at LB but unless we talk about CJ Mosley i'm waiting the 3rd day!
a 4th round pick on a CB when you have signed Tillman? + i'm not sure Reynolds makes the team over Johnson & co
receiver at the end of the draft? class is too good to wait that long
no Oline in the draft? Dominik era is over, zero Olinemen in the draft since 4-5 years is the first reason we have to rebuild an aging and overpaid Oline...
: March 07, 2014, 06:48:30 PM The Freeman

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 07, 2014, 07:07:45 PM

Scott got hoodwinked into the 60% off jerseys and bought some for his kids right before the change .....he mad.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 07, 2014, 07:09:56 PM

It was the longest fab 5 segment ever...   Lol

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 07, 2014, 07:09:56 PM

that rant was classic.  almost as good as his one when Freeman got benched.  I don't like the new uniforms much either but that was over the top.

jvato24

Starter

#13 : March 07, 2014, 08:00:46 PM

Im with Scott, Bucs had best unis in the league, now we look like amateurs

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 07, 2014, 08:07:17 PM

Doesn't like the uniforms.

Says he bought the kids brand new jerseys for Christmas. Obama's healthcare website doesn't work and free agents won't want to play for the Bucs.

He claims unnamed sources to assassinate a player's character. Doesn't even check with the team to confirm the information.

Demands that Schiano be fired. Then a few weeks later, changes his mind.

*This guy was once a well respected sports journalist.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: SR'S FAB 5 NOW UP: BUCS OFFSEASON, PLANS, UNIFORM THOUGHTS AND MORE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools