Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are the BucS rebuilding? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

blind melon

Hall of Famer

: March 07, 2014, 05:49:38 PM

Lots of indicators
- no endorsement of a QB
- "we are a 4-12 team"
- only RB and maybe our secondary seem to be set...
- we could be turning over 1/2 our roster...
- little depth anywhere...
- start over with new uniforms

I know in todays win now NFL, the word rebuild is a bad word for an organization.   It equates to less revenue, less BucS based profit for local businesses, etc and has other negative connotations.

Of course, We won't hear an endorsement from the staff that it is what it is...

IMO.  We are rebuilding.  Again.   I hope it's a quick turn as that's entertaining and a good story, but I fear its going to take awhile. 

Thoughts?

: March 07, 2014, 05:54:54 PM blind melon

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 07, 2014, 05:56:25 PM

Right now, they have a hodge-podge put together by two different GMs and three different coaching staffs with various coordinators and assistants.

They need to be a team.

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#2 : March 07, 2014, 06:05:23 PM

So expecting anything more than a .500 season in 2014 is probably unrealistic?

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 07, 2014, 06:17:29 PM

As long as Goldson takes the field, our secondary is not "set".

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#4 : March 07, 2014, 06:17:58 PM

I keep hearing about the Kansas City turnaround.  I'd rather they get this thing built right... for the long haul.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#5 : March 07, 2014, 06:19:53 PM

Yes. 

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 07, 2014, 06:20:59 PM

I keep hearing about the Kansas City turnaround.  I'd rather they get this thing built right... for the long haul.
Do you not think with a young RB, QB that fits their system, A WR ike Bowe and defense that is relatively young that they aren't built for the long haul?

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

#7 : March 07, 2014, 06:21:57 PM

Right now, they have a hodge-podge put together by two different GMs and three different coaching staffs with various coordinators and assistants.

They need to be a team.

Wrong.  They have talent at every position - the O-line needs some infusion and we could use some depth at WR and TE but other than that we have talent!  It just needs to be coached!!!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#8 : March 07, 2014, 06:25:16 PM

They need to be a team.

Yup. We are a mess in the trenches. We have talent on paper in certain areas...but it is a few years away from being a contender.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#9 : March 07, 2014, 06:25:55 PM

Do you not think with a young RB, QB that fits their system, A WR ike Bowe and defense that is relatively young that they aren't built for the long haul?

They'll need to beat the best before I could see them as a "model".

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 07, 2014, 06:28:06 PM

They'll need to beat the best before I could see them as a "model".
Fair enough.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#11 : March 07, 2014, 06:30:14 PM

They need to be a team.

Yup. We are a mess in the trenches. We have talent on paper in certain areas...but it is a few years away from being a contender.

Oline for sure.   

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

#12 : March 07, 2014, 06:31:43 PM

They need to be a team.

Contenders all have nasty D's so thank God for the new sheriff in town.  I am starting to think that Offense is really just window dressing, barely even a part of the game anymore.  Lovie will prove to be the best hire in Bucs history.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#13 : March 07, 2014, 06:35:09 PM

No wonder you are Glennon's biggest fan here. Smh

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#14 : March 07, 2014, 06:37:15 PM

They need to be a team.

Oline for sure.

And arguably 3/4s of the DL...

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are the BucS rebuilding? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools