Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are the BucS rebuilding? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#15 : March 07, 2014, 06:43:53 PM

and more importantly, there is a big question mark at QB.  few want to acknowledge that.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#16 : March 07, 2014, 06:53:10 PM

Lots of indicators
- no endorsement of a QB
- "we are a 4-12 team"
- only RB and maybe our secondary seem to be set...
- we could be turning over 1/2 our roster...
- little depth anywhere...
- start over with new uniforms

I know in todays win now NFL, the word rebuild is a bad word for an organization.   It equates to less revenue, less BucS based profit for local businesses, etc and has other negative connotations.

Of course, We won't hear an endorsement from the staff that it is what it is...

IMO.  We are rebuilding.  Again.   I hope it's a quick turn as that's entertaining and a good story, but I fear its going to take awhile. 

Thoughts?

When the two QBs on the roster are named Glennon and Kafka......you are rebuilding like it or not.

It CAN be a quick turnaround if we can address our needs this off-season:
QB
TE
WR-2 possibly
WR-3
CB-3
OG
OG
RDE

I think if we address these needs we can still win in 2014. But these are just the blatant needs. They could also be looking at upgrading MLB SLB NT LDE LT C. Depending on who you talk to.

If its me I focus on the blatant needs and wait to address the servicable players until next year. You cant do all that in one year I dont think.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#17 : March 07, 2014, 06:56:01 PM

you cant even do half that in one year. 

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 07, 2014, 07:01:04 PM

you cant even do half that in one year.

Most cant. Im a big fan of what Elway did in Denver. He has done it and done it well.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#19 : March 07, 2014, 07:01:15 PM

I'd be estatic with a QB and WR and late round olinemen (draft) and RDE (FA) this off season.

I hope that Licht and Smith understand that the fan base would support any of the top QBs in this draft.  Meaning go up and get the guy.  Am I wrong?

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 07, 2014, 07:08:25 PM

Move up for Teddy.
Stay put for Bortles.
Let Simple Johnny slide right on by.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#21 : March 07, 2014, 07:37:33 PM

My biggest fear is that Lovie will draft defense the way SRs mock indicated. The defense is light years ahead of the offense right now. It makes.no.sense to have a great defense and a bad offense.

We need to look two years down the road and say what if we have a QB then. Will we be a complete team if that happens? If you draft OL right now they will be gelling in two years. Draft one or two this year and one or two next year. Build the OL now.

This defense can be great with a few pieces added. And youve got 2 years to do it making this assumption about having a QB. If they are drafting all defense, then he is only going to ever build at the best Tony Dungy's Buccaneers.

That isn't good enough. We need to build this offense the way it should be starting up front in the trenches. Draft OL first. Look for your QB but dont reach for him. Stack the roster with fast recievers with a huge catching radii. TEs and WRs. Also a few speedy WRs. There you go. Can be accomplished in 2 years ONLY if we focus on that.

What we need is for our defensive minded coach to get his guys in free agency and draft mostly offense obviously this doesnt mean ignoring an obvious BPA defensive player. Im not saying 100% offense but that should be the focus.

I fear that Lovie has been given too much power in personnel matters. Licht should have the final say on matters to keep Lovie from creating an unbalanced team....or I should say an even more unbalanced team.

Last note, ignoring OL in the draft and bringing in established vets has backfired tremendously for us. Its the main reason why our offense was so bad last year and has been a waste of resources. Namely Joseph and Nicks. Resources that could be used to bring in free agents on defense while building the OL the way the best OLs in all of football are built........through the draft.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#22 : March 07, 2014, 07:41:15 PM

I agree with everything except the fear about lovie getting to much sway in personnel decisions. 

I would go get the QB in the draft this year.  2 firsts and a conditional 2015 will get us to #2 for Bridgewater.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

The Freeman

Starter

#23 : March 07, 2014, 07:47:19 PM

I'd be estatic with a QB and WR and late round olinemen (draft) and RDE (FA) this off season.

I hope that Licht and Smith understand that the fan base would support any of the top QBs in this draft.  Meaning go up and get the guy.  Am I wrong?
you're wrong... when you take a QB that high better be a winning/future top 10 QB and not a future bust!
add if you trade picks to move up, your GM/HC job is on the line with your QB!

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

#24 : March 07, 2014, 07:49:48 PM

As long as Goldson takes the field, our secondary is not "set".

So, I see you have completely written him off then.

I'd like to see what the new staff can do with him before rushing to judgement.

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#25 : March 07, 2014, 07:58:44 PM

Holding out hope that Goldson will excel under the simplicity of the cover 2 safety responsibilities.

Schiano's D asked safeties to be mind readers and Superman at the same time ...not really fair.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#26 : March 07, 2014, 08:20:23 PM

So, I see you have completely written him off then.

I'd like to see what the new staff can do with him before rushing to judgement.

You dont have to wait until a players career is over to know what type of player they are. He is the same guy he was in SF. Struggles in coverage, misses too many tackles, and collects too many penalties. There are two differences between the scenario he is in now vs the situation he was in at SF. One, the league doesn't allow the shots he heavily relied on..which also happened to be the only real thing he was good at...and two, he isnt surrounded by a great cast like he was in SF that masked many of his deficiencies. So no, it isn't a "rush to judgment" based upon one season. Its a realistic and honest evaluation of him as a player and a prediction based upon said evaluation.

..and as far as writing him off..lets just say that I see FS as a position weakness as long as he is on the roster. I didn't like the signing the day it was announced, and unfortunately he was exactly the player I saw him to be in SF the previous year, only worse. I would be happy if he ends up being the player Dom thought he could be when he paid him like a top 3 safety, I just dont see him being anywhere close to that.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#27 : March 07, 2014, 08:23:50 PM

Holding out hope that Goldson will excel under the simplicity of the cover 2 safety responsibilities.

Schiano's D asked safeties to be mind readers and Superman at the same time ...not really fair.

Well, we all gotta have hopes and dreams, no matter how unrealistic they might be.. ;)

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#28 : March 07, 2014, 08:52:54 PM

you're wrong... when you take a QB that high better be a winning/future top 10 QB and not a future bust!
add if you trade picks to move up, your GM/HC job is on the line with your QB!

Me thinks you misunderstood.

The question is would you support them going up in the draft to get their guy?   I would.

Mic

Starter

#29 : March 07, 2014, 09:30:32 PM

We have 3 elite players on defense a #1Rb and #1Wr Lovie can take us to the playoffs with those pieces
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are the BucS rebuilding? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools