Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are the BucS rebuilding? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 07, 2014, 10:47:15 PM

I'd be estatic with a QB and WR and late round olinemen (draft) and RDE (FA) this off season.

I hope that Licht and Smith understand that the fan base would support any of the top QBs in this draft.  Meaning go up and get the guy.  Am I wrong?
you're wrong... when you take a QB that high better be a winning/future top 10 QB and not a future bust!
add if you trade picks to move up, your GM/HC job is on the line with your QB!

Me thinks you misunderstood.

The question is would you support them going up in the draft to get their guy?   I would.

I would support them with whatever choice they make at that position. But I also will voice my opinion as to what I think is "good, better, best."

And right now, the best thing lovie could do is go get one of those three qb's in draft.

Tedford has done more with less at the college level, at least, so I feel there is a level of trust that we didn't have with schiano or raheem. They had no clue how to develop a qb. Sully or idiotface couldn't do much either.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#31 : March 07, 2014, 10:55:49 PM

Might as well do it now.  All in on Bridgewater.  Rebuild the online.  Contend in 2015.

I can wait.   

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#32 : March 08, 2014, 09:34:09 AM

You don't have to rebuild anymore. Didn't you guys get the message that the Chiefs beat the Texans, Redskins, Browns, Raiders 2x, Jaguars and Bills?

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

#33 : March 08, 2014, 10:44:15 AM

Might as well do it now.  All in on Bridgewater.  Rebuild the online.  Contend in 2015.

I can wait.

Drafting Bridgewater would be a giant mistake.  I really hope that doesn't happen.

BuclsLiofel

Second String

#34 : March 08, 2014, 10:54:43 AM

in lovie's intro press conference, he said that he can get them to at least .500 with this team so i dont know where you;re getting this rebuilding notion.  and if lovie told the glazers about rebuilding during the interview process, i highly doubt they would have fire schiano to do another rebuilding.  thats just plain stupid.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#35 : March 08, 2014, 10:57:53 AM

If our team needs help at every position...  And a huge question mark at QB...

No one uses the rebuild word...   

Think about it

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 08, 2014, 11:03:15 AM

Lots of indicators
- no endorsement of a QB
- "we are a 4-12 team"
- only RB and maybe our secondary seem to be set...
- we could be turning over 1/2 our roster...
- little depth anywhere...
- start over with new uniforms

I know in todays win now NFL, the word rebuild is a bad word for an organization.   It equates to less revenue, less BucS based profit for local businesses, etc and has other negative connotations.

Of course, We won't hear an endorsement from the staff that it is what it is...

IMO.  We are rebuilding.  Again.   I hope it's a quick turn as that's entertaining and a good story, but I fear its going to take awhile. 

Thoughts?

Lovie and Licht are not fools, they have to play up the extent of the rebuild.  Is it true? possibly

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

tog

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 08, 2014, 01:08:43 PM

Lovie and Licht are not fools, they have to play up the extent of the rebuild.  Is it true? possibly

Sure, gives them more leeway. The hope is that this is a Kansa City situation - terrible coaching from Crennel it turns out covered up a very talented Chiefs roster Andy Reid was able to exploit. Hopefully the Schiano/Lovie dynamic is the same.

At this point though - I think we suck. For a team with (apparently) little talent and depth we don't have as much cap room as I'd like. We're also missing a bunch of draft picks. I'm really concerned about depth, even if Schiano's terrible coaching was covering up a lot of talent. Outsisde of RB and maybe LB, losing players to injury will devastate the Bucs. People hate on Goldson, but his backup is much worse.  And what happens if Vjax (or even Mike Williams) goes down?

Now, some of these holes will be filled in FA and the draft but even then looking at the team right now, that yes it is rebuilding.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#38 : March 08, 2014, 04:16:25 PM

Dom couldn't draft lineman.  That's where games are won.  In the trenches.  He sucked at it and it is a big reason why he was ran out of town. 
: March 08, 2014, 05:39:42 PM The Anomaly

SDBucs

Second String

#39 : March 08, 2014, 04:48:12 PM

We have been "rebuilding" since Gruden left.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 10, 2014, 10:51:28 PM

Back to the top based on trying to move revis

gobuxfla

Pro Bowler

#41 : March 10, 2014, 11:01:06 PM

Lots of indicators
- no endorsement of a QB
- "we are a 4-12 team"

I know in todays win now NFL, the word rebuild is a bad word for an organization.   It equates to less revenue, less BucS based profit for local businesses, etc and has other negative connotations.

IMO.  We are rebuilding.  Again.   I hope it's a quick turn as that's entertaining and a good story, but I fear its going to take awhile. 

Thoughts?

DUH.

Thoughts over. NEXT.

derekmitchellmay

Second String

#42 : March 11, 2014, 12:51:43 AM

We have been rebuilding since McKay left. I think this time we get it right.

Revis or no Revis.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 11, 2014, 09:23:05 AM

Lots of indicators
- no endorsement of a QB
- "we are a 4-12 team"

Thoughts?

Secondary isn't really set IMO.

This is definitely a rebuilding team.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 11, 2014, 11:20:34 AM

Lots of indicators
- no endorsement of a QB
- "we are a 4-12 team"

Thoughts?

DUH.

Thoughts over. NEXT.

Lol... Appreciate your well thought out contribution...

(and yeah - This thread was started before the Revis trade talks)

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are the BucS rebuilding? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools