Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Saints are cutting Sproles « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#15 : March 07, 2014, 07:20:14 PM

We don't need really need RB's.

Cut them all but Doug for Darren.  We do not have a running back that fills Darren's potential role.  We are hoping to shoe horn someone into it.  Mike and Bobby are mkay, but dime a dozen tbh.  We still don't have a clue if Demps is even a football player.  Darren is special because he has demonstrated special on the NFL field season after season.

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#16 : March 07, 2014, 07:24:48 PM

Problem is we are still going to need a guy that can get this kind of player the ball...

Does this mean we are not throwing the football to our running backs?  He's what, 2-3 inches shorter then the tallest of our current crop of RBs?  That and he runs the most quarterback friendly routes possible.  Reliable hands.  Not sure if just trying to dig at Glennon with this comment, but checking down and throwing short is one thing I am not concerned about with Mike's game.  Is there a more Mike Glennon friendly player in the NFL then Darren Sproles? 

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#17 : March 07, 2014, 07:34:57 PM

Not a dig at Glennon...  The writing is on the wall that he won't be the guy throwing the ball.  IMO

Sproles is talented.  Rainey, James and Martin are too.   Couldn't care less about the Demps project

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#18 : March 07, 2014, 07:36:42 PM

Rocket formation with Doug and Sproles. Jeff Demps in the slot. Speed in space.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#19 : March 07, 2014, 07:50:29 PM

What has Jeff Demps shown on a football field that leads anyone to believe he can play slot receiver in the NFL?  Did he ever do that even at UF?  Or catch the football down the field even starting in the backfield (totally different animal, but still would be a start). 

I'm ok with Demps being on the roster right now.  His amazing speed (which does translate with pads on) is tantalizing.  I honestly don't expect him to make our 53 though. 

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#20 : March 07, 2014, 07:55:54 PM

We don't need really need RB's.

Cut them all but Doug for Darren.  We do not have a running back that fills Darren's potential role.  We are hoping to shoe horn someone into it.  Mike and Bobby are mkay, but dime a dozen tbh.  We still don't have a clue if Demps is even a football player.  Darren is special because he has demonstrated special on the NFL field season after season.

All Darren proved last year is that his tiny body is starting to break down.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

SCLOBERNOCKER

Hall of Famer
#21 : March 07, 2014, 08:10:36 PM

Speed In Space.
Sign me up.

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#22 : March 07, 2014, 08:27:51 PM

All Darren proved last year is that his tiny body is starting to break down.

I know what your are doing Mr. Jason and it will not work.  Darren played in 15 games last season, gathering 35 combined 1st downs in those games.  Averaged over 4 yards per carry and over 8.5 yards per catch.  Scored 4 TDs combined.  Darren has participated in 76 of his teams last 80 regular season games (95% availability).  If you want to go back even further it's 117 of the last 122 regular season games.  He has never missed a playoff game.  Obviously he does not take the pounding of a Doug Martin, but Darren is very durable and reliable.  If missing one game last season and 4 games in the last 2 years is breaking down, then most of the NFL is breaking down. 

Hate

Hall of Famer
#23 : March 07, 2014, 08:28:19 PM

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk  17m
Per source, Darren Sproles not cut yet.  Could be traded.  If not traded, will be cut.
It seems either way he isn't going to be a Saint.

Get rid of Sproles and Pierre....but keep Ingram? Makes no sense to me!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#24 : March 07, 2014, 08:33:21 PM

Per source, Darren Sproles not cut yet.  Could be traded.  If not traded, will be cut.

I think it's delicious.  They don't have any options.  Graham, Sproles, and Thomas are the only players they can let go of and get any real cap relief.  Loosing Ingram only gains them a shade over a mil.  They are **CENSORED**ed and I couldn't be happier. 

Now give me Darren right **CENSORED**ing now!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : March 07, 2014, 08:33:50 PM

Darren Sproles ‏@DarrenSproles  1h
Thank you New Orleans for your support over the past 3 years! I will always be forever grateful. #WhoDat

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#26 : March 07, 2014, 08:35:26 PM

This is like Christmas.  I have been so nice to pretty much everyone.  I deserve this.  Please make it happen.

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#27 : March 07, 2014, 08:37:26 PM

I will not say one more even slightly negative thing about your boyfriend for 2 months if you rally behind me here.  I need this win DJ.  Make it happen for me. 

The Freeman

Starter

#28 : March 07, 2014, 08:53:26 PM

I think it's delicious.  They don't have any options.  Graham, Sproles, and Thomas are the only players they can let go of and get any real cap relief.  Loosing Ingram only gains them a shade over a mil.  They are **CENSORED**ed and I couldn't be happier. 

Now give me Darren right **CENSORED**ing now!
don't know if it's a real loss, Khiry Robinson & Mark Ingram had some good tape last year and this is a good draft for team looking at receiver... just need to use 2-3 draft pick for some new playmaker!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#29 : March 07, 2014, 08:54:18 PM

Ingram sux!!!

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Saints are cutting Sproles « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools