Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Saints are cutting Sproles « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#30 : March 07, 2014, 09:02:34 PM

Ingram sux!!!

And right now Robinson is all hype.  Maybe he is as good as Peyton thinks.  What I saw on the field last season was less then Thomas, less then Sproles, less then Ivory.  **CENSORED**, they've had a nice **CENSORED**ing run on backs other then Ingram. 

But I guess if you're a Saints fan (Freeman) you can hold out hope. 

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 07, 2014, 09:03:40 PM

Sproles can do everything Hester can do and contribute to the offense.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

The Freeman

Starter

#32 : March 07, 2014, 09:47:35 PM

Ingram sux!!!

And right now Robinson is all hype.  Maybe he is as good as Peyton thinks.  What I saw on the field last season was less then Thomas, less then Sproles, less then Ivory.  **CENSORED**, they've had a nice **CENSORED**ing run on backs other then Ingram. 

But I guess if you're a Saints fan (Freeman) you can hold out hope.
Bucs fan for sure but it's not a reason to think you have the best team when you don't... we're the 4-12 team without the Brees, Newton & Ryan at QB... bucs future looks great to you?

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#33 : March 08, 2014, 01:42:47 AM

Question is.....is he still blazing fast.  I can't imagine the Saints let him walk if he hasn't lost a step or 2.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#34 : March 08, 2014, 02:01:36 AM

It's because of the money, right?

I know they're not doing well in that regard, and sproles got the fa "treatment."

Haven't read anything about him slowing up.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 08, 2014, 06:59:31 AM

Enough with the midgets!
You really are that dense bro?

Sproles is a beast.

Goldson is a liability.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#36 : March 08, 2014, 07:44:06 AM

Sproles did not have a great season. May have been due to being banged up but he did appear to have slown down some.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
#37 : March 08, 2014, 07:47:27 AM

I'd definitely take him. The real question is why would he want to come here? It's probably the unfortunate truth. Maybe he'd like to play the Saints twice a year?

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 08, 2014, 07:53:26 AM

Would Sproles wanna join a team with the guy who knocked his ass out and Sproles claimed it was on purpose?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#39 : March 08, 2014, 08:19:28 AM

Would Sproles wanna join a team with the guy who knocked his ass out and Sproles claimed it was on purpose?

Who?

JM2

Pro Bowler

#40 : March 08, 2014, 08:51:04 AM

I know this is heresy and believe me I love me some Dougie, but if Sproles hasn't lost a step, I would be ok snagging him and trying to trade Doug, if we could get  a good enough deal for him. I think James, Sproles, Rainey is still a strong backfield (again given Sproles is still himself.)

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#41 : March 08, 2014, 09:30:13 AM

I know this is heresy and believe me I love me some Dougie, but if Sproles hasn't lost a step, I would be ok snagging him and trying to trade Doug, if we could get  a good enough deal for him. I think James, Sproles, Rainey is still a strong backfield (again given Sproles is still himself.)

Trade Doug?

Sign a 31 year old RB and trade Martin

Thank God your not our GM.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#42 : March 08, 2014, 09:43:17 AM

I don't see Doug and Sproles as a 1 to 1 trade. I would project James as filling the #1 back role, with Sproles taking on the third down back role, and Rainey being able to do either. Further don't forget the extra draft pick the team would have as well, and I qualified the trade idea saying that the deal would need to be sweet enough.

So, the question becomes, do I think (James + Sproles + Rainey + (a #1 or #2)) > (Martin + James + Rainey)? That is a discussion worth having. I don't see how it would be reasonable to dismiss that possibility without legitimate consideration.
: March 08, 2014, 09:50:02 AM JM2

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 08, 2014, 10:05:59 AM

Trade Doug Martin? The best RB we've had since caddy.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 08, 2014, 10:07:21 AM

Sproles is not an every down back. He's a change of pace and 3rd down guy. You can't replace Martin with him.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Saints are cutting Sproles « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools