Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The changing face of the NFC South - Additions/Departures « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#30 : March 20, 2014, 07:23:35 AM

Update. Falcons re-sign Peria Jerry(DT).

Garbage can .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#31 : March 20, 2014, 10:05:56 AM

I agree. Never has been a factor after he tore is ACL or MCL (I forget which). Suspect he's mostly a camp body at this point.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

nitey

Hall of Famer
#32 : March 20, 2014, 01:10:24 PM

Updated. Panthers finally sign a receiver, Jerricho Cotchery (WR).

I'm sure the defenses in the South are going to worry about this pickup.  ::)

nitey

Hall of Famer
#33 : March 20, 2014, 03:48:42 PM

Updated. Bucs land Mike Jenkins(CB), Falcons land Devin Hester(KR/PR).

Good addition for the Falcons. Jenkins is on a one year contract and will provide competition for the nickel position with Moore, Johnson and Gorrer. Not sure the Bucs draft a CB now in the draft.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#34 : March 20, 2014, 10:12:08 PM

Really surprised the Panthers aren't getting things done this offseason, they are looking the part of a sinking ship at this point. And Saints have lost some key players as well. Hopefully we can close the gap that we've had being in the cellar of this division.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#35 : March 21, 2014, 08:27:37 AM

Well the Panthers have serious cap problems for this year and next year. The Saints are coming due for the same problems in the not too distant future because of the accumulated dead money from constant re-structures. With the Panthers, I'm expecting Gettleman to draft back to back WRs in the first 2 rounds of the draft and then pick up some corner and offensive line depth with the rest of the draft and hope for the best this year. I think the Saints still have a good team and will be tough again this year. I was surprised that Ryan's defense was as good as it was last season and I'm not going to underestimate the guy again. I think the Falcon's are making a mistake by basically going with the same personnel that won only 4 games last season. They seem to be banking on the return to form of Julio and changing over to the 3-4 defense that Nolan runs better. I'm not sure what to think of the Falcon's yet. I think they will be better, but whether its a couple of game better or a lot better - I'm just not sure.

As to the Bucs, I love the FA pickups that the team has made and I feel a lot better with Lovie coaching the team than I did with Schiano. A lot like the Falcon's, I just don't have a good read on the Bucs yet. I honestly believe we are going to be a better club, we did have some talent on the team before all the FA pickups, but I thought we'd be a lot better last season as well. The one thing that I appreciate more this year is the depth behind the starters that Smith and Licht are building. What killed us most last season was that there wasn't good depth behind the starters, now if a starter goes down, it's beginning to look like we have a decent player behind them.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#36 : March 21, 2014, 08:35:20 AM

Quote from: Dolorous Jason
Quote from: nitey

Garbage can .

Just to prove I'm a draft guru, this was a guy I thought was going to be a great pick in round 1 and wanted us to get... Yay me.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#37 : March 21, 2014, 08:37:30 AM

As to the Bucs, I love the FA pickups that the team has made and I feel a lot better with Lovie coaching the team than I did with Schiano. A lot like the Falcon's, I just don't have a good read on the Bucs yet. I honestly believe we are going to be a better club, we did have some talent on the team before all the FA pickups, but I thought we'd be a lot better last season as well. The one thing that I appreciate more this year is the depth behind the starters that Smith and Licht are building. What killed us most last season was that there wasn't good depth behind the starters, now if a starter goes down, it's beginning to look like we have a decent player behind them.

I'm starting to notice that as well. Hopefully that will help down the stretch.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#38 : March 21, 2014, 10:16:40 AM

Quote from: Dolorous Jason

Garbage can .

Just to prove I'm a draft guru, this was a guy I thought was going to be a great pick in round 1 and wanted us to get... Yay me.

I think injuries just took away his quickness and drive. I'm actually surprised that he was re-signed, the Falcon fans are really down on him.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#39 : March 21, 2014, 02:02:44 PM

Updated. Kid Play (aka , Tiquan Underwood) (WR) signs with Carolina. All defensive backs in the NFC South are devastated.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#40 : March 21, 2014, 02:06:54 PM

Antoine Cason agrees to one year deal with Panthers

nitey

Hall of Famer
#41 : March 21, 2014, 03:01:21 PM

Update. Panthers sign Antoine Cason(CB).

nitey

Hall of Famer
#42 : March 21, 2014, 08:09:21 PM

Update. Panthers sign Joe Webb (QB). Expected to challenge Anderson for the backup role behind Newton.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#43 : March 21, 2014, 10:28:15 PM

Bwahahahaha...worst off-season ever for the Panthers. What a dumpster dive.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#44 : March 21, 2014, 10:34:00 PM

Dumpster diving can pay off.

What it more resembles is a raging dumpster fire.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The changing face of the NFC South - Additions/Departures « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools