Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the One Truth « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#30 : June 23, 2014, 05:49:06 AM

Its clear to me you have been brainwashed since childhood. Everyone has their own opinion and I do not share yours. I have read the Bible in its entirety 4 times. Now that took 5 years. In addition to reading just the NT several dozen times.

I do not care for your argument regarding the KJV. A few translations are bastardized but there are very few. Most translations expound and clarify the scriptures to give us better understanding. Your paranoia over the KJV has grown weary and I loathe to even listen to your arguments.

These ARE the last days my friend. Do not lose sight of the finish line when we are so close. I am not here to argue as my contemplations (questions and disagreements with traditional church doctrine) have been resolved on these matters. I only clarify what wisdom has been granted me as God has seen fit to reveal truths through His holy spirit in these last days. Everyone on the side of God's only begotten works together for GOOD. Everyone that wants the TRUTH listen's to his voice. Jesus knows his sheep and his sheep know his voice. His sheep are being gathered even as I type this. The angels are hard at work gathering the wheat from amidst the weeds. The kingdom of God is at hand. The time is NOW.
: June 23, 2014, 08:49:08 AM OneTruth

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 23, 2014, 08:06:26 AM

This is absurd.

First statement OneTruth has made on this forum that I actually agree with.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#32 : June 23, 2014, 11:53:09 AM

thomas, in all sincerity, what is your opinion of the stars in a night's sky?

are they far out there or a sparkling mural on the ceiling

I am asking this completely without ill-intent.  I have never read the bible and you and I seem to have taken two very different paths in life, so I am simply trying to understand your perspective

-beardmcdoug

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#33 : June 23, 2014, 01:10:36 PM

Who hath constructed the elements
And their atoms' configuration?
Who hath designed every molecule
And shapes their chemical formation?

Who hath conceived the laws of nature
And completed their limitation?
Who hath set galaxies in motion
And did establish time's duration?

Who hath created every life form
And made conscious their domination?
Who hath set parameters on flesh
And gives spirit's continuation?

Who hath numbered the celestial stars
And sand of the sea computation?
Who hath multiplied Abraham's kin
And favored their many a nation?

It hath been Jehovah's creation

Ozymandias

Starter

#34 : June 23, 2014, 02:42:10 PM

These ARE the last days my friend. Do not lose sight of the finish line when we are so close. I am not here to argue as my contemplations (questions and disagreements with traditional church doctrine) have been resolved on these matters. I only clarify what wisdom has been granted me as God has seen fit to reveal truths through His holy spirit in these last days. Everyone on the side of God's only begotten works together for GOOD. Everyone that wants the TRUTH listen's to his voice. Jesus knows his sheep and his sheep know his voice. His sheep are being gathered even as I type this. The angels are hard at work gathering the wheat from amidst the weeds. The kingdom of God is at hand. The time is NOW.

You sure you're not trimming your wick a little early there, self-righteous one?

Matthew:25 
1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh

it is NOT very difficult to limit access to guns
it is almost impossible to prevent someone with a mental illness from getting a gun.  

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#35 : June 23, 2014, 03:03:58 PM

self righteous?

Ozymandias

Starter

#36 : June 23, 2014, 03:09:53 PM

The Bible clearly states that you do not know the hour. Yet you claim that you do, even coming here to brag on your knowledge that no one else possesses.

Your claims are contrary to what the Bible states. So who is wrong here, is it you or the Bible?

it is almost impossible to prevent someone with a mental illness from getting a gun.  

Ozymandias

Starter

#37 : June 23, 2014, 03:23:13 PM

Don't I at least get your customary "pearls before swine" cop-out?

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#38 : June 23, 2014, 05:11:28 PM

Nobody knows the EXACT time, but if you are wise you will heed the signs.

Ozymandias

Starter

#39 : June 23, 2014, 05:17:11 PM

Do you know the approximate time, then?

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#40 : June 23, 2014, 05:35:29 PM

Thomas:

I like that poem - what is your opinion of its implications?

I'm wondering if you and I actually do indeed, consider the same god, just from different angles

yehovah, as described in the poem seems to have a universe-sized omnipotence, with scope as small as atoms and larger than galaxies

from your understanding, how long ago do you think he "constructed", "designed" and "set in motion"

- 6,000 years?
- 13.7 Billion?
- An infinite time ago?
- don't know (which is a completely acceptable answer, and may in fact be the most studious answer)

no cynicism, pure curiosity here

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 23, 2014, 07:56:51 PM

Its clear to me you have been brainwashed since childhood. Everyone has their own opinion and I do not share yours. I have read the Bible in its entirety 4 times. Now that took 5 years. In addition to reading just the NT several dozen times.

I do not care for your argument regarding the KJV. A few translations are bastardized but there are very few. Most translations expound and clarify the scriptures to give us better understanding. Your paranoia over the KJV has grown weary and I loathe to even listen to your arguments.

If I'm brainwashed, I brainwashed myself. Nobody has told me these things, I learned them through reading. There's a reason you won't respond to each individual verse I posted, stating how it fits your interpretation. The reason is that they don't fit your interpretation. The verses in James you posted are easily explained, and I did just that. He's talking to those who are already saved, not those looking to find out how to get saved. He's talking about the Bema judgement which is why he uses the word "profit". The verses I posted absolutely cannot be true if your interpretation of salvation is correct. Don't you see this? I'm not going to bother posting the verses again, you'll just ignore them as you did the first and second time I posted them.

This is all very simple, if I'm incorrect in my interpretation of dozens of scriptures that support the same fact, you should easily be able to post those same scriptures and tell me what they really mean. The Bible goes as far as saying that if it's through our works that lead to salvation, Jesus died for nothing. Yet you still hold onto your false beliefs, it's truly unbelievable. Sadly, I believe you have absolutely no clue why Jesus died on that cross.

Okay, I lied, here is one of the verses I posted before..

Galatians 2:16

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

I have given you my explanation of James and why it doesn't conflict with my interpretation on this issue. You may not agree with my stance, but I have at least responded and explained my reasoning. Please do the same for this verse, tell me how it's in agreement with your viewpoint.
: June 23, 2014, 08:09:53 PM Escobar06

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#42 : June 23, 2014, 08:50:43 PM

Nobody knows the EXACT time, but if you are wise you will heed the signs.

The "signs" have pointed to many many dates

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 23, 2014, 10:07:04 PM

What is funny is listening to Thomas being judge and jury here. He really doesn't see all the prophetical issues yet. He see's the issue's but can't fathom that they are just triggering mechanisms for the Anti Christ to step up to the podium when the resurrection takes place. He forgets the Great Commision and that Christ in John 3:17 never condemned any man but he has the gall to call people brainwashed without having any intimate knowledge of their well being nor will he ask or apply the wisdom to stick to the King James Version. Pointing out the disagreements due to principle, Therory and application means your confounded in your own ways in which you only believe your the only one right....Here is a scripture for you.

Proverbs 21:2
King James Version (KJV)
2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the Lord pondereth the hearts.

Matthew 5:8
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

1 Peter 1: 15-25

15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
...OBD
: June 23, 2014, 10:08:41 PM ONEBIGDADDY

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#44 : June 24, 2014, 11:56:03 AM

Too bad for you then. The things I say are not what people will hear in any church. They are my opinions and interpretations based on what I feel God has shown me through my experiences and studies. Take your KJV and fairy tale stories and give them to folks that want their ears tickled.

Sorry but I have broken free from the herd using my God given brain to solve spiritual riddles instead of allowing pastors and ministers brow beat my brain into demonic submission to your Luciferian ideology. The devil IS the author of confusion. Too bad for you it has become an ego trip. Rather than listening to truthful insight with sound scriptural backing ~ you steadfastly cling to your unbiblical Satanic doctrines. The mistake is all yours sir. Keep quoting dozens of scriptures and behaving like your the authority that's going to bring my heretical teaching under control. You yourself have read it and you yourself have rejected it. Even worse than that you teach other to do the same. Shame on you. But you have made your choice. Judgment for teachers is more strict since we are responsible for many souls. God opposes the proud and hates a liar.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the One Truth « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools