Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the One Truth « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14

Ozymandias

Starter

#60 : July 10, 2014, 02:21:20 PM

Your closest religious affiliation is Jehovah's Witness. You are "attacked" because you present yourself in such a way as to insure it. Thus it reinforces your view of yourself as a persecuted martyr who is misunderstood but better than everyone else. I have to laugh at the idea everyone has that you're trying to convert anyone. Confrontation is what you seek, isolating yourself as the one true messenger. Your ego is built on this delusion.

it is NOT very difficult to limit access to guns
it is almost impossible to prevent someone with a mental illness from getting a gun.  

Anubis

Hall of Famer

#61 : July 10, 2014, 02:27:58 PM

actually I am on the narrow path - just to clarify. Secondly I am not any denomination, even if I was one classifying oneself with a group only allows additional attacks.

You're here. That's not the narrow path. Part of my family is on the narrow path. They gave up worldly stuff like football, TV, etc. They don't have a specific denomination either they just follow the bible. Women with head coverings, men with beards, speaking in tongues, bible study 3 times a week plus Saturday service. I know all about the narrow path my friend. I was there and can visit it anytime I want. I'd be happy to hook you up with people who are actually on the narrow path so you can learn what that means. Just let me know.

I find it funny that my own family who walks the narrow path doesn't pull this **CENSORED** with people. If someone in their 'cult' errrr group pulls something like you do they'd have all the elders/deacons counseling them. If that failed you'd be asked to leave.
: July 10, 2014, 02:33:11 PM Mayhem

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#62 : July 10, 2014, 03:37:51 PM

Your closest religious affiliation is Jehovah's Witness. You are "attacked" because you present yourself in such a way as to insure it. Thus it reinforces your view of yourself as a persecuted martyr who is misunderstood but better than everyone else. I have to laugh at the idea everyone has that you're trying to convert anyone. Confrontation is what you seek, isolating yourself as the one true messenger. Your ego is built on this delusion.
=====================================================
Wow. anything else you need to get off your chest son?

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#63 : July 10, 2014, 03:46:11 PM

feels like I have ol' illuminator and johngalt on my case. Ah..... just like old times.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#64 : July 10, 2014, 07:06:34 PM

actually I am on the narrow path - just to clarify. Secondly I am not any denomination, even if I was one classifying oneself with a group only allows additional attacks.

You're here. That's not the narrow path. Part of my family is on the narrow path. They gave up worldly stuff like football, TV, etc. They don't have a specific denomination either they just follow the bible. Women with head coverings, men with beards, speaking in tongues, bible study 3 times a week plus Saturday service. I know all about the narrow path my friend. I was there and can visit it anytime I want. I'd be happy to hook you up with people who are actually on the narrow path so you can learn what that means. Just let me know.

I find it funny that my own family who walks the narrow path doesn't pull this **CENSORED** with people. If someone in their 'cult' errrr group pulls something like you do they'd have all the elders/deacons counseling them. If that failed you'd be asked to leave.

I'm not sure you understand what "the narrow path" is all about. It has nothing to do with anything you listed, that's for sure.

Anubis

Hall of Famer

#65 : July 14, 2014, 07:27:10 AM

I'm not sure you understand what "the narrow path" is all about. It has nothing to do with anything you listed, that's for sure.

I can't help it if you don't understand Biblical ideology. Sadly I studied it for years and know it all too well. Feel free to use the sharpest sword on the planet to make your case on what I don't know. That's your only chance at doing anything aside from TROLLING though that is what you do best so maybe you better stick to that?!?!?

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#66 : July 14, 2014, 08:31:12 AM

Ah, he's a JW? Now it all comes together. I'll never forget when a JW walked up to my mother-in-law, a devout catholic, and told her that her religion was a new age man-made fallacy.  Considering the Catholic church was founded in 33 AD while the JW cult was in the 1870's, I found that hysterical and sad.   I'm still pissed at the JW's for ruining Prince's music.

Go sell crazy somewhere else, One Truth.

Anubis

Hall of Famer

#67 : July 14, 2014, 08:40:35 AM

"'Based on their understanding of scriptures such as Revelation 14:1-4, Jehovah's Witnesses believe that exactly 144,000 faithful Christians go to heaven to rule with Christ in the kingdom of God."

I'd gladly take OneTruth's spot in heaven if he's giving it up for me. My guess is that ship is so oversold he doesn't even have a seat on it. They were taken long before he was even BORN.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#68 : July 14, 2014, 10:42:40 AM

I can't help it if you don't understand Biblical ideology. Sadly I studied it for years and know it all too well. Feel free to use the sharpest sword on the planet to make your case on what I don't know. That's your only chance at doing anything aside from TROLLING though that is what you do best so maybe you better stick to that?!?!?

If someone disagrees with you that isn't the same as "trolling", to jump to that conclusion so quickly makes you sound about 13.

You were talking about the narrow path and then started to mention things that were irrelevant to that idea. Watching TV, beards, women with head coverings etc, all irrelevant. You may have 'studied for years" but you definitely weren't studying the Bible if that's what you have to say on the subject.

Being on the narrow path is more of a mindset. Your goal in life shouldn't be about your status, or acquiring material possessions. As a Christian you realize those things don't matter, but having these things, or having a successful career, certainly isn't going to threaten your salvation as long as these things aren't the center of your life. If you look around, you see that most people live for these things. Their life isn't about God's will, it's about their own. Looking at this, it becomes obvious why there is a narrow path that few people will find. To say that someone visiting an online forum, or any of the other examples you used, means you aren't on the narrow path just isn't accurate.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#69 : July 14, 2014, 11:36:00 AM

The funny thing about this argument is that you first called out One Truth, but you both have the same viewpoint on this topic. This boils down to the "works" argument, and you both believe in it. It's nonsense, and it has been debunked thoroughly by myself and others. If you want to believe that visiting an online forum or watching TV means you're going to hell, have at it.

You're right about one thing though, this kind of mindset does sound like a cult. One that has clearly had a negative influence on you.

Edit. And btw, what is the last word in the first verse you posted?

Exactly.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#70 : July 14, 2014, 11:53:12 AM

Here is the correct version of this scripture.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

You're right though, where did I ever get that crazy idea that this is a mindset. Silly me.

It's definitely about TV, and internet forums.

I'm really not trying to insult you, but you do have some studying to do.

edit: And now you just edited out the end of the scripture you posted that exposed your lack of knowledge. Truly sad indeed.
: July 14, 2014, 11:58:33 AM Escobar06

Anubis

Hall of Famer

#71 : July 14, 2014, 11:59:40 AM

Here is the correct version of this scripture.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

You're right though, where did I ever get that crazy idea that this is a mindset. Silly me.

It's definitely about TV, and internet forums.

I'm really not trying to insult you, but you do have some studying to do.

Correct version of what? No citation or version info. I'm offering apples and you want an orange. Is it possible you can discuss something on the same level as someone else?

I'm really not trying to insult you, but you do have some learning to do.

Anubis

Hall of Famer

#72 : July 14, 2014, 12:02:23 PM

edit: And now you just edited out the end of the scripture you posted that exposed your lack of knowledge. Truly sad indeed.

Say what? The citation is there. Anyone can go look up the FACTS of the verse. It has nothing to do with me aside from posting part of a FACT. Something which you can't seem to do. Truly sad indeed.

"We are not to be conformed to this world. Romans 12:2 -
The phrase "conformed to this word" refers to anything pertaining to the habit, manner, dress, style of living, music, etc of this sinful world. It tells us that Christians should not conform to the prevailing habits, style, and manners of the world, which mean those people who know not God. The "world" meaning the unsaved who do not know Jesus Christ as Savior, live their lives for themselves. They are not yield to God's will for their lives.
: July 14, 2014, 12:07:52 PM Mayhem

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#73 : July 14, 2014, 12:03:31 PM

I am a better Christian than you, see me quote scripture . . . .

ugh

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#74 : July 14, 2014, 12:07:28 PM

This is the worst example of trolling I've ever seen. For those interested, here's what he originally posted, from the NLT.

2 Dont copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.

This was his rebuttal about how it's not a mindset at all. I pointed out the end of this scripture, and moments later he edited the post, removing this portion.

The King James version of the same scripture:

Either way Mayhem, they both talk about a mindset. You know this of course, which is why you deleted half of the scripture you posted. It's clear you have a very poor understanding of the Bible, and more specifically what the narrow path reference is all about. If you're going to attempt this kind of debate, please know what you're talking about next time.

Thank you.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What is the One Truth « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools