Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mass Effect Fans Thread « previous next »
Page: 1

MSU_Fan

Starter

: March 20, 2014, 01:59:33 PM

Playing Mass Effect 3 right now, and TOTALLY addicted to this series, so was hoping that there were some Bucs fans on PR that maybe play this game too, maybe we could talk about the game.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : March 20, 2014, 05:43:20 PM

Playing Mass Effect 3 right now, and TOTALLY addicted to this series, so was hoping that there were some Bucs fans on PR that maybe play this game too, maybe we could talk about the game.

Actually replaying it as we speak and have run 2 characters through all 3 games and a couple of more through 2 and 3 (hard to slog through the awful combat+ MAKO driving of part 1 again). Yeah, I'm a bit of a fan

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

MSU_Fan

Starter

#2 : March 20, 2014, 07:53:08 PM

Actually replaying it as we speak and have run 2 characters through all 3 games and a couple of more through 2 and 3 (hard to slog through the awful combat+ MAKO driving of part 1 again). Yeah, I'm a bit of a fan

Who are your favorite companions? 4 way tie for me between Tali (My romance), Legion, Grunt and Garrus.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : March 20, 2014, 08:55:18 PM

Depends on the class of my Shep. Want some who can trigger tek or biotic combos with Shep. The third person usually has an ammo power with specced for squad use. I prefer the incendiary ammo so I wind up bringing James along a lot.

Now outside of combat I like Garrus, Mordin in ME 2, and Javvik.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

MSU_Fan

Starter

#4 : March 20, 2014, 10:39:22 PM

Depends on the class of my Shep. Want some who can trigger tek or biotic combos with Shep. The third person usually has an ammo power with specced for squad use. I prefer the incendiary ammo so I wind up bringing James along a lot.

Now outside of combat I like Garrus, Mordin in ME 2, and Javvik.

LOL, you and me are the only people I know who like James, glad there's another Garrus fan.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#5 : March 21, 2014, 12:07:23 AM

Beat the first two games multiple times.

I haven't had the urge to play the third game for a second time.  It's the weakest of the three, in my opinion.

My favorite companions of the series are  Mordin, Legion, Garrus, Liara, Tali, and Wrex.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : March 21, 2014, 08:03:17 AM

I haven't had the urge to play the third game for a second time.  It's the weakest of the three, in my opinion.

My favorite companions of the series are  Mordin, Legion, Garrus, Liara, Tali, and Wrex.

Other than the appalling ending 3 holds up rather nicely for me. The combat additions of the tek and biotic combos are huge wins for combat variety. I thought there were a lot of good character moments - "dealing with" Mordin at the genophage cure was a tough thing to do, I love the moments with Garrus on top of the citadel.  The ending to a large degree is mitigated by the final DLC they put out where you get a different "wrap up" that feels better than the red green blue thing.

I liked Wrex but in my first playthrough I shot him on Virmire which is what led to my problem in 3 with Mordin and I loved how that one decision long ago was still haunting me.

MSU_Fan

Starter

#7 : March 21, 2014, 12:30:07 PM

Actually skipped one, so never got to see Wrex. I agree that the 2nd game is infinitely superior to 3, but I think 3 improved in the romance department and carried more emotional impact.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#8 : March 21, 2014, 05:38:17 PM

Other than the appalling ending 3 holds up rather nicely for me. The combat additions of the tek and biotic combos are huge wins for combat variety. I thought there were a lot of good character moments - "dealing with" Mordin at the genophage cure was a tough thing to do, I love the moments with Garrus on top of the citadel.  The ending to a large degree is mitigated by the final DLC they put out where you get a different "wrap up" that feels better than the red green blue thing.

I liked Wrex but in my first playthrough I shot him on Virmire which is what led to my problem in 3 with Mordin and I loved how that one decision long ago was still haunting me.

Wrex died in my first playthrough, too.  That is the main reason why I went through the game again.

Actually skipped one, so never got to see Wrex. I agree that the 2nd game is infinitely superior to 3, but I think 3 improved in the romance department and carried more emotional impact.

You should really play the first.  I liked the story in the first game the most.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#9 : March 22, 2014, 11:01:20 PM

Series went to **CENSORED** after the first one.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : March 22, 2014, 11:29:11 PM

First game had the best storyline and plot. The game part of the game was total crap. The classes were suck, the skill system blew, combat was a nightmarishly bad, inventory management was terrible and driving that MAKO made me want to shoot my console. The MAKO problem was exacerbated by the fact that it was required for every plot mission.

Second game improved on everything gameplay wise.  The plot was sort of weak because it was a middle game. What makes 2 weaker is that what you did there has so little effect in 3. Basically I'm not sure what I did in terms of the war by destroying the human reaper.

The initial vision of 3 had the "problem" the reapers were trying to solve be tied in with whatever was going wrong on Haestrom with the destabilized sun.  There was some dark matter problem and the reapers wee trying to accumulate enough "power" to stop dark matter from destroying the universe. Your choice was going to end up with saving the current cycle and dooming the universe when dark matter when nuts or letting the harvest continue so the reapers could save the future of the galaxy. I'm not sure that ending is better than what we got in terms of not feeling like a very big win.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mass Effect Fans Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools