Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Comic Comes out April 23rd published by IDW Publishing! « previous next »
Page: 1

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« : March 21, 2014, 03:47:32 PM »

Hey gang,

Just a heads up! My six issue mini-series Star Mage impacts comics beginning April 16th. It will be released by IDW.

Star Mage is about Darien who is a gifted 14 year old boy who discovers that he is not human and part of an ancient war between alien magical races. While he learns of his legacy, destiny and importance to the battle, Darien establishes bonds with new, strange friends and learns his magical craft of Kishpu.

The first series consists of all of these elements as well as setting up the mythology of the Sarru Kishpu, the world of Eridu and their enemies. We’re introduced to Darien’s three friends – Unura, Tirwa and Anthaar – each aliens with their own powers that become crucial in the end game against their hated enemy, Orasmas Xul Sarrum. While the story starts on Earth, we will be taken to the far reaches of the galaxy, meet new races and discover strange new worlds.

As I said. the first StarMage comic run will be released as a six part mini-series published by IDW but will have the opportunity to grow well beyond!

Check out more here: http://starmagecomic.com

Update: IDW moved up the release date to 4/16!
« : March 28, 2014, 09:10:48 AM JasonOfthetower »

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #1 : March 21, 2014, 03:50:57 PM »

That was odd...I'm sure I posted this in the cove...but the icon makes it look like it moved to the Cove....whatevs...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #2 : March 21, 2014, 03:52:33 PM »

Congrats!

gone

Hall of Famer
« #3 : March 21, 2014, 04:00:26 PM »

cool

gone

Hall of Famer
« #4 : March 21, 2014, 04:28:58 PM »

Is it kid safe?  My kid's an artist and into anime. 

MSU_Fan

Starter

« #5 : March 21, 2014, 05:59:25 PM »

I will ABSOLUTLEY check this out, I love comic books...Say, if you're into comics, you should check out Comic Vine. It's a forum site dedicated to fellow comic lovers, and where I spend most of my internet time, could always use another Bucs fan on the site!

J-Train

Pro Bowler

« #6 : March 21, 2014, 07:21:29 PM »

This rules man. I will ask my CBS if they are getting any copies in.

Thanks for the sig Java!

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #7 : March 23, 2014, 12:47:46 AM »

congrats

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #8 : March 25, 2014, 03:47:56 PM »

Is it kid safe?  My kid's an artist and into anime.

Yessir.  :D

gone

Hall of Famer
« #9 : March 26, 2014, 03:14:54 PM »

I'm confused about the ordering process here.

"The book will be published by IDW Publishing. Pre-Orders can be made through Diamond using the code FEB140444"

Then it says to go through your "local provider".

Can't order online?

Ron Swanson

Starter

« #10 : March 26, 2014, 05:22:45 PM »

Hey gang,

Just a heads up! My six issue mini-series Star Mage impacts comics beginning April 23rd. It will be released by IDW.

Star Mage is about Darien who is a gifted 14 year old boy who discovers that he is not human and part of an ancient war between alien magical races. While he learns of his legacy, destiny and importance to the battle, Darien establishes bonds with new, strange friends and learns his magical craft of Kishpu.

The first series consists of all of these elements as well as setting up the mythology of the Sarru Kishpu, the world of Eridu and their enemies. We’re introduced to Darien’s three friends – Unura, Tirwa and Anthaar – each aliens with their own powers that become crucial in the end game against their hated enemy, Orasmas Xul Sarrum. While the story starts on Earth, we will be taken to the far reaches of the galaxy, meet new races and discover strange new worlds.

As I said. the first StarMage comic run will be released as a six part mini-series published by IDW but will have the opportunity to grow well beyond!

Check out more here: http://starmagecomic.com

Awesome! Congrats! As a writer and independent filmmaker myself, I know how hard it is to break in to publishing and such, so I'm sure you are pretty proud.  Cant wait to check it out!

\"When I eat it is the food that is scared.\" -R.S.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
« #11 : March 28, 2014, 09:09:42 AM »

I'm confused about the ordering process here.

"The book will be published by IDW Publishing. Pre-Orders can be made through Diamond using the code FEB140444"

Then it says to go through your "local provider".

Can't order online?

The order code is for your local comics shop. Its not available for pre-order on-line as of yet. When it's released (btw, they moved the date up a week, it's now April 16th), it will be available at all the major online outlets - Comixology, Amazon, etc.

shawn731

Starter

« #12 : March 30, 2014, 10:10:30 AM »

Congrats!!!

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #13 : April 15, 2014, 03:36:25 PM »

That is awesome!  I had a friend years ago who was a very talented artist who drew comics and ended up becoming a teacher at an art school in Atlanta.  Congrats!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #14 : April 20, 2014, 11:40:16 PM »

http://majorspoilers.com/2014/04/15/sneak-peek-star-mage-1/

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My Comic Comes out April 23rd published by IDW Publishing! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools