Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers already lead the league in one category. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : April 12, 2014, 02:03:42 AM »

Bucs lead NFL in guaranteed money

April, 11, 2014

By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers already lead the league in one category.

Since the start of free agency, the Bucs have given out $74.3 million in guaranteed money to their incoming free agents and the ones they’ve re-signed, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

No other team is even close. Denver is second with $65.5 million in guaranteed money. The Raiders ($51 million) and the Vikings ($50.2 million) are the only other teams to top $50 million in guaranteed money.

But spending big money in free agency doesn’t necessarily translate into success. Last year, four teams (Lions, Dolphins, Colts and Cowboys) spent at least $50 million in guaranteed money in the first month of free agency. The Colts were the only one of those teams to make the playoffs.

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
« #1 : April 12, 2014, 07:29:41 AM »

Eek... makes me a little nervous... let's hope they pan out..

Northern Rep

Rookie

« #2 : April 12, 2014, 07:38:36 AM »

I'm usually not a fan of the Dan Snyder build through FA school of thought, however I think we did ok.

I remember reading about the contracts being front loaded and after taking a quick look at spotrac, I didn't see any dead money after two seasons. I don't believe McCown has guaranteed money in his contract at all. I'm also put at ease by the fact that these guys, with the exception of McCown are young and seemingly have their best football ahead of them. With the ever increasing cap and continually growing contracts (except at the RB position) we might have some nice reasonably priced players moving forward if they pan out. If not we can cut them in short order.

Considering how active we were and that the guaranteed money is up front, its not that surprising to be a top the league, but we'll know soon if these were good moves.
« : April 12, 2014, 08:38:09 AM Northern Rep »

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

« #3 : April 12, 2014, 09:48:48 AM »

Out of all the FA we signed, 3 have the potential to be full-time starters. The philosophy of building through the draft has not changed, all they've (rightfully) done is fill positions that lacked depth, which is exactly what this team needed.

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

« #4 : April 12, 2014, 09:58:34 AM »

And purged an area of need by cutting.................I mean, trading Mike Williams.  Still scratching my head about that one. 

seanbassak

Pro Bowler

« #5 : April 12, 2014, 10:10:21 AM »

For the most part I think that we did a pretty good job, we grabbed a bunch of young players without too much mileage on them that show a lot of promise... next best thing to building through the draft. I'd rather graba  guy like Verner this year than being stuck grabbing Gilbert at 7.

Not living, just killing time.

youngone

Hall of Famer

« #6 : April 12, 2014, 10:13:04 AM »

We lead the league in CROWNS!!!!

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

« #7 : April 12, 2014, 10:14:24 AM »

For the most part I think that we did a pretty good job, we grabbed a bunch of young players without too much mileage on them that show a lot of promise... next best thing to building through the draft. I'd rather graba  guy like Verner this year than being stuck grabbing Gilbert at 7.

The Verner pick could be one of the best FA pickups in our history.  He's perfect for us.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

« #8 : April 12, 2014, 12:03:14 PM »

It looked like Dominik overpaid, but at least it was easy to get rid of everyone. If a few of our FAs suck, we're going to be stuck with them.

JoshMcCrownUs

Starter

« #9 : April 12, 2014, 01:21:27 PM »

Okay but I bet we are nowhere near the top of avg guaranteed money per FA signed. Lots of guaranteed $ is also the result of not giving out signing bonuses, so really its just good business.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #10 : April 12, 2014, 01:36:13 PM »

We lead the league in CROWNS!!!!

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

« #11 : April 12, 2014, 01:44:06 PM »

Barring extraordinary drafting this regime is going to bomb.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #12 : April 12, 2014, 03:41:37 PM »

Damn those cheap Glazers.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #13 : April 12, 2014, 03:49:01 PM »

Damn that idiot BucNY. He's just a troll wondering why we went on a FA spending spree when history shows many FA pick ups don't work out. Look at our last two years. How many guys turned out good? But nope, let's put blinders on and Lovie will be the savior. I'll say what I said, we made a lot of moves but we're handcuffed to the guys we signed this year because of this.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

« #14 : April 12, 2014, 04:01:36 PM »

Handcuffed for two seasons. . .whoopdeedoo...two seasons.

Some of you guys should move to the desert, so you can water the ground with your constant tears that you can't seem to ever turn off.  Geez.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers already lead the league in one category. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools