Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is It Realistic To Think The Bucs Can Win The Division In 2014 ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : April 12, 2014, 02:04:23 AM »

Buccaneers will win the division in 2014

by Gil Arcia

April 11, 2014

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers made a lot of moves this offseason in an attempt to better the roster and improve on last year’s 4-12 record. Factor in Lovie Smith as their new head coach and some are already calling them a playoff team.

During a segment on NFL Network’s Total Access, analysts and former players Willie McGinest, Shaun O’Hara and Rod Woodson were asked who would win the NFC South in 2014. Two of the three picked the Bucs — both citing Lovie Smith’s experience and his defenses. See for yourself in the video below.

Follow Gil on Twitter: @GilArciaTBC

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/buccaneers_will_win_the_division_in_2014_video/16250284?linksrc=story_team_tampa_bay_buccaneers_auto_module_head_16250284

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

« #1 : April 12, 2014, 05:14:53 AM »

Nope.

Go Bucs

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #2 : April 12, 2014, 05:18:04 AM »

If they draft Manziel they can win the Super Bowl,

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #3 : April 12, 2014, 07:23:25 AM »

Nope.

Why not? Suppose we hit on 3-4 draft picks..... We'd have tons of depth and almost no holes.

xBuCsX_4_XeVax

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

« #4 : April 12, 2014, 07:33:05 AM »

of course we can..some of these fans are unbelievable its anyones game in the NFC south

TBChucky

Pro Bowler
« #5 : April 12, 2014, 07:43:10 AM »

We absolutely can. If the defense improves immediately, we have a great draft, and McCown picks up where he left off. Do I expect to? No, but it's possible. Our division rivals aren't exactly NFC West caliber.

nitey

Hall of Famer
« #6 : April 12, 2014, 07:45:09 AM »

This early, I would have to go with the Saints for much the same reason as Shawn O'Hara mentioned. Ryan got that team to a higher defensive level than I would have thought possible last season, especially after the injuries that should have decimated the pass rush. I think the Bucs will be competitive and South is going to be very tough this year, but the Saints would be my pre-training camp pick.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #7 : April 12, 2014, 07:46:50 AM »

I think it's possible. They can beat the Saints at least once. They can beat Carolina and Atlanta I think. All they would have to do then is win more games than those teams. I think it's going to be close.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #8 : April 12, 2014, 07:59:07 AM »

If Drew Brees goes down, absolutely we can. I think we're better than Carolina, even moreso since Steve Smith left town...

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #9 : April 12, 2014, 08:06:38 AM »

Of course . It's the age of parity. Any team can win any division with the right few moves.

The history of the NFC South is proof of this . Last place team wins the division the next year every year.
« : April 12, 2014, 08:27:05 AM Dolorous Jason »

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #10 : April 12, 2014, 09:20:42 AM »

This would be how I'd break down the division right now by chances of winning the division: Saints 45, Panthers 22, Falcons 20, Bucs 13.

In Verner We Trust

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

« #11 : April 12, 2014, 09:27:44 AM »

Not a chance.  Despite a lot of early regime bravado, this team will not be ready to contend for the division (barring key injuries to our opposition) for at least a year.  If at the end of the year we are competing and winning a game or two where we are underdogs then most should be content with that.  If we draft Manziel, we will be in a position at the end of the season to draft Winston or Mariota next year, so there's that.

seanbassak

Pro Bowler

« #12 : April 12, 2014, 09:38:40 AM »

We can definitely compete. I expect a .500 kind of team this year, which would be great improvement. I think we're a little too thin at certain spots (WR, G, backup T) to get too ahead of ourselves. If we can shore up WR and G then I think they've done a good job already of adding depth everywhere else. I think we're a better team than Atlanta, Carolina is going to drop some I think (but they'll still be a good team) and then there's the Saints, who I think will win the division. Their D is better than anyone expected and their O will be good as long as Brees is around.

Not living, just killing time.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #13 : April 12, 2014, 10:00:04 AM »

Not a chance.

That's another very intelligent analysis.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #14 : April 12, 2014, 10:01:45 AM »

Not a chance.  Despite a lot of early regime bravado, this team will not be ready to contend for the division (barring key injuries to our opposition) for at least a year.  If at the end of the year we are competing and winning a game or two where we are underdogs then most should be content with that.  If we draft Manziel, we will be in a position at the end of the season to draft Winston or Mariota next year, so there's that.
so you think Winston will go #32?  I know we won't have many needs and a backup QB to replace Glennon will probably be the biggest one but I don't want a rapist on the team.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is It Realistic To Think The Bucs Can Win The Division In 2014 ? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools