Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is It Realistic To Think The Bucs Can Win The Division In 2014 ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

« #15 : April 12, 2014, 10:09:17 AM »

Not a chance.

That's another very intelligent analysis.

There was a lot more to my analysis than this DB. 

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

« #16 : April 12, 2014, 10:13:04 AM »

Not a chance.  Despite a lot of early regime bravado, this team will not be ready to contend for the division (barring key injuries to our opposition) for at least a year.  If at the end of the year we are competing and winning a game or two where we are underdogs then most should be content with that.  If we draft Manziel, we will be in a position at the end of the season to draft Winston or Mariota next year, so there's that.
so you think Winston will go #32?  I know we won't have many needs and a backup QB to replace Glennon will probably be the biggest one but I don't want a rapist on the team.

If you want to go the boy scout route, Johnny Manziel is not the way to go.  Or is there a double standard because.........you know,........Manziel doesn't "look like" Jameis.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #17 : April 12, 2014, 10:48:55 AM »

Not a chance.

Probably true, but thats where I stopped reading.
« : April 12, 2014, 10:52:08 AM TampaBucks05 »

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

« #18 : April 12, 2014, 10:52:03 AM »

Not a chance.

Probably true but thats where I stopped reading.

I know, reading is not really your thing.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #19 : April 12, 2014, 10:53:08 AM »

And football isn't your thing, so cut it out with the nonsense comments.

blackfoot

Starter
« #20 : April 12, 2014, 11:11:12 AM »

L&L have done a great job of adding parts to the team. We don't know how those parts will work together. If we just take the O line ( the core element of the O) it take time to come together as a unit even if all the parts are good. So no, not this year and not next year. But three years from now we could be in the run for the SB. We will have found our long term QB by then. I think the Bucs would make a big mistake by trying rush the process. Remember Dungy's slow start. I think we start better than that but not much better.

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

« #21 : April 12, 2014, 11:16:46 AM »

And football isn't your thing, so cut it out with the nonsense comments.

All I said is with a complete turnover personnel wise, losing one of our top defensive players, one of our top offensive players and brining in a completely new coaching staff and a new QB that I dont think we are competing for the division in a division that is as competitive as any in the league.  Sorry I hurt your feelings by being realistic.  I think we are heading in the right direction but we are not built to compete this year regardless of how our draft turns out.  You dont just waive a wand and compete. 

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

« #22 : April 12, 2014, 11:18:08 AM »

During a segment on NFL Network’s Total Access, analysts and former players Willie McGinest, Shaun O’Hara and Rod Woodson were asked who would win the NFC South in 2014. Two of the three picked the Bucs — both citing Lovie Smith’s experience and his defenses.

So the 2 black guys pick the only black coach in the division to win the division because they like him.   What a shocker.   

If they draft Manziel, they will win the division, if they don't - they won't.

Showing your true colors Lucky Larry. 

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

« #23 : April 12, 2014, 12:05:49 PM »

It's possible, there's been a lot of roster turnover so I have no idea how the team will even play.

gtr27

Rookie

« #24 : April 12, 2014, 12:07:16 PM »

I'm dunno if bucs can win...howevr they can defntly compete with a lot more teams, especially with the added playrs..howvr other teams also will improve too...have to wat and see I gues

bucinsouthFL

Starter

« #25 : April 12, 2014, 01:02:43 PM »

Saints: Assuming they bring Jimmy G back, they are a threat to win at least 10 games with Brees and Peyton. The defense was great last year and featured many up and coming young players. They also added one of the best, if not the best safety in the NFL. They are my pick to win the division, and once again compete in the playoffs.

Panthers: Loosing Steve Smith was a huge loss. Huge. They are pretty much betting on a draft pick at WR to come in and make an instant impact. If they do land a WR that can come in a fulfill a number 1 role, and that's a huge IF. They have a nice case of supporting WRs (Underwood, Cotchery, Olsen). Pair that with an ascending Cam and legit defense, they can make a run at the wildcard spot.

Falcons: Before he got hurt last year, Juilo Jones was on pace for 1800 yards and more then a few TDs. Matt Ryan gets his favorite weapon back. The offense here is deadly, but the defense is very suspect. I still see them winning around 9 games.

There is nothing that is proven about our offense or defense. BUT it's not out of the question to say that Lovie can field a pretty good defense. He has shown that before. He has some nice pieces here with McCoy, David, Verner and Johnson. I'm just worried about the offense. I like McCown, but the lack of weapons we have scares me. I'm thinking we go 8-8. We are just not in the same league as the panthers or falcons.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #26 : April 12, 2014, 01:09:03 PM »

Saints 11-5
Bucs 9-7
Falcons 8-8
Panthers 5-11

Expecting more than 8 or 9 wins in year one with McCown/Glennon under center and rookie OG/WRs starting....it is just not realistic to me. I think we'll have a very good defense and play solid football on offense, but I'm not buying into the hype of us winning the division. I just don't see that happening this season.

We aren't the 2013 Chiefs. Their roster was absolutely stacked and all they needed was a QB. Totally different situation.
« : April 12, 2014, 01:13:18 PM JDouble »

gtr27

Rookie

« #27 : April 12, 2014, 01:11:39 PM »

Saints: Assuming they bring Jimmy G back, they are a threat to win at least 10 games with Brees and Peyton. The defense was great last year and featured many up and coming young players. They also added one of the best, if not the best safety in the NFL. They are my pick to win the division, and once again compete in the playoffs.

Panthers: Loosing Steve Smith was a huge loss. Huge. They are pretty much betting on a draft pick at WR to come in and make an instant impact. If they do land a WR that can come in a fulfill a number 1 role, and that's a huge IF. They have a nice case of supporting WRs (Underwood, Cotchery, Olsen). Pair that with an ascending Cam and legit defense, they can make a run at the wildcard spot.

Falcons: Before he got hurt last year, Juilo Jones was on pace for 1800 yards and more then a few TDs. Matt Ryan gets his favorite weapon back. The offense here is deadly, but the defense is very suspect. I still see them winning around 9 games.

There is nothing that is proven about our offense or defense. BUT it's not out of the question to say that Lovie can field a pretty good defense. He has shown that before. He has some nice pieces here with McCoy, David, Verner and Johnson. I'm just worried about the offense. I like McCown, but the lack of weapons we have scares me. I'm thinking we go 8-8. We are just not in the same league as the panthers or falcons.

agree with evrythin...altho if ur talkin bout the receivers, I don't wory bout it too much caus we have a good group and have solid dpth...only think I'm worrid is the o-line and its depth...o-line is crucial in both run or pass...if o-line starts crumbling then we cant get no points and r faced with a lot of 3 and outs or 3rd and long stuff...

rodtoastjones

Starter

« #28 : April 12, 2014, 01:15:30 PM »

Saints 13-3
Bucs 10-6
Falcons 9-7
Panthers 7-9

Bucs are going to stick with McGlennon for this season at least and play Dungy style offense finishing like 20th in the league in offense.

10lbbass

Hall of Famer

« #29 : April 12, 2014, 03:51:59 PM »

Good to know that you know the Buc's plans. smh
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is It Realistic To Think The Bucs Can Win The Division In 2014 ? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools