Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bridewater Struggling in Private Workouts « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

seanbassak

Pro Bowler

#15 : April 12, 2014, 09:26:20 AM

Now I have been wrong once before, but I don't buy it... the guy was the best QB of the group when the games actually count, but now that everyone's throwing in shorts and the draft is nearing he's falling down the board while Bortles (who's mostly just hype and "potential") is climbing the boards and is a possible #1 pick. It's a little too convenient.
I still believe Teddy is the first QB off the board, he's the most pro ready and if his frame is his biggest concern, that can be improved. If any of the top 3 is going to tumble a bit I think it'll be Bortles. I think Teddy will be gone before we pick, JFF wont fall past the Vikings and Bortles wont make it past the Titans.

Not living, just killing time.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 12, 2014, 09:31:42 AM

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

atlbuc

Second String

#17 : April 12, 2014, 10:23:46 AM

Now I have been wrong once before, but I don't buy it... the guy was the best QB of the group when the games actually count, but now that everyone's throwing in shorts and the draft is nearing he's falling down the board while Bortles (who's mostly just hype and "potential") is climbing the boards and is a possible #1 pick. It's a little too convenient.
I still believe Teddy is the first QB off the board, he's the most pro ready and if his frame is his biggest concern, that can be improved. If any of the top 3 is going to tumble a bit I think it'll be Bortles. I think Teddy will be gone before we pick, JFF wont fall past the Vikings and Bortles wont make it past the Titans.

There are reasons pre-combine rankings change as teams run through their evaluation process. Aaron Donald was seen as a late first/early second round prospect because of his size and level of competition, but he showed well during the combine. Bridgewater has gone in the other direction as he did not throw at the combine, and has shown poorly in the private workouts. There are major red flags about his size, deep ball accuracy and his attitude. The newer mocks have him dropping out of the top ten....and Boomer Esiason now has him ranked 4th best QB in the current class. This is not smokescren IMO, teams have the complete picture now and Bridgewater is not as good as advertised. Scouts and evaluators catch up quickly....message boards are another story.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140410/2014-nfl-mock-draft-sammy-watkins-mike-evans/

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/video/nfl/20140411/nfl-boomer-top-5-qb-draft.sportsillustrated/

seanbassak

Pro Bowler

#18 : April 12, 2014, 10:38:40 AM

There's a difference between what analysts think/what teams are saying and what they actually believe. I think on May 8th we'll see that most of this is overblown and he'll be in the top 5.

Not living, just killing time.

Dirtypillow

Second String
#19 : April 12, 2014, 11:08:20 AM

Average wonderlick score 20.  Slip sliding away!!!

Just say NO to Bridgewater at 7...very small hands \\\\\\\"smell like cabbage.\\\\\\\"

LuckyLarry

Pro Bowler

#20 : April 12, 2014, 11:10:03 AM

Aunt Jemima may drop out of the first round completely now.

rodtoastjones

Rookie

#21 : April 12, 2014, 01:38:09 PM

Brigewater has quickly become the player to stay away from.  I think Bortles may end up being the "safe" pick in this draft for those that desire a QB.  Hopefully another team is fool enough to fall for the positives coming out of the Manziel camp.  He's kryptonite as well.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 12, 2014, 01:42:13 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/12/bridgewaters-agent-responds-to-report-of-shaky-workouts/

Pure smoke...

My logo is bigger than your logo

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#23 : April 12, 2014, 01:44:47 PM

Aunt Jemima may drop out of the first round completely now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RovF1zsDoeM

Anyways, I don't know about out of the first round completely considering he's still regarded as the most NFL ready QB prospect, but I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility. I wouldn't be upset if we took him at 7, but I'm firmly on the Manziel train.

rodtoastjones

Rookie

#24 : April 12, 2014, 01:52:19 PM

Bortles at least has some upside.  Bridgewater is a sinking balloon at a time when you need to do just the opposite and Manziel should change his name to Womanziel as he is not built for the league.

LuckyLarry

Pro Bowler

#25 : April 12, 2014, 02:06:57 PM

I'm firmly on the Manziel train.

Me too.   Honestly, I don't see how any Bucs fan who enjoys the game and wants to win doesn't want Manziel as their starting QB.

rodtoastjones

Rookie

#26 : April 12, 2014, 02:10:53 PM

I'm firmly on the Manziel train.

Me too.   Honestly, I don't see how any Bucs fan who enjoys the game and wants to win doesn't want Manziel as their starting QB.

Honestly it's because he's not going to be a good NFL QB.  Think Tebow with a wee bit more of an upside, just enough to tease but never really succeed.

LuckyLarry

Pro Bowler

#27 : April 12, 2014, 02:22:57 PM

More upside than Tebow?   They need to trade up right now to the first overall pick and get Manziel.   This guy is going to be the greatest NFL QB of all time.

rodtoastjones

Rookie

#28 : April 12, 2014, 02:26:42 PM

More upside than Tebow?   They need to trade up right now to the first overall pick and get Manziel.   This guy is going to be the greatest NFL QB of all time.

Ok Larry.  Not a very big statement or anything.  I can only really get on here on the weekends but I'll be happy to track his "greatness" on here as it progresses through his career. 

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 12, 2014, 02:41:50 PM

Fair enough.   I think Manziel will be great.

I don't want Bridgewater simply because he looks too much like Aunt Jemima I'm racist.

Fixed it for ya.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bridewater Struggling in Private Workouts « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools