Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So how'd your season go? « previous next »
Page: 1

acacius

Hall of Famer

: December 17, 2013, 04:15:19 PM

I'm fairly happy with how mine went, even though I got bounced in the playoffs this last week.  My oppenent had Charles and I neglected to check my roster in the morning, meaning I had left Gerhart in, who I had picked up hoping he'd fill in for Peterson.  Had I either picked Asiata up or moved the Wallace into my lineup (I was running a RB in my flex spot, so I could have gotten him in), I would have taken the game anyways.  Considering all of the following quarterbacks had at least one start for my team, I consider finishing with the #1 seed going into the playoffs was a victory in and of itself: Bradford, Geno Smith, Pryor, Foles, Vick, Alex Smith, and Glennon.

And because it amuses me to note how much FFL teams change over the course of a season:

Week 1 Roster:
QB: Sam Bradford
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Hakeem Nicks
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB: Chris Johnson
TE: Antonio Gates
R/W/T: Darren Sproles
K: Mason Crosby
DEF: Tampa
---
BN: Giovani Bernard
BN: Mike Wallace
BN: Tavon Austin
BN: Shane Vereen
BN: Jordan Cameron
BN: Justin Blackmon

Week 15 roster:
QB: Nick Foles
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Harry Douglas
RB: Giovani Bernard
RB: Toby Gerhart
TE: Jordan Cameron
R/W/T: Chris Johnson
K: Justin Tucker
DEF: Carolina
---
BN: Darren Sproles
BN: Adrian Peterson
BN: Antonio Gates
BN: Hakeem Nicks
BN: Mike Wallace
BN: Jay Cutler

I guess it's not really *that* much change.  I do need to do a better job looking for trades for my excess assets next year though.

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#1 : December 27, 2013, 09:16:26 AM

I only played one 12 team league, but finally won a championship. My team wasn't that good but my RB's got red hot in the playoff weeks. I stood by the strategy of drafting 3 RB's in the first 4 rounds, and being the last to take a QB (Romo). McCoy, and Lacy were homerun picks. I had several draft busts, Roddy White, MJD, Amendola, Finley, but used the waiver wire pretty well to fill my roster.

My roster at the end of the year.

QB Tony Romo
RB Lesean McCoy
RB Eddie Lacy
RB/WR Zac Stacy
WR Jordy Nelson
WR Julian Edelman
TE Charles Clay
D  Lions (I stream defenses weekly)
K Dan Bailey

BN Jay Cutler, MJD, Bryce Brown, Jordan Todman, Roddy White, Danny Amendola.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: So how'd your season go? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools