Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Evans is going to be nasty in Tedford's offense « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#105 : May 09, 2014, 02:43:36 PM

The Bucs should have drafted OBJ. Again a complete panic move that has about 5 percent chance of working out.
Possible.

But I would honestly like to know how you got to your figure of five percent.  Seriously.

This kid is a giant mismatch.  Let's see ANY of those Seattle HOLDING cornerbacks try to jam Evans at the line.  Won't happen.  Evans will drill Sherman into the ground like he is digging for oil.

No more jamming these guys at the LOS, add a quick guy in the third, second, and we are getting somewhere.  Problem is, the BUcs need ANOTHER big, tall wideout, a developmental guy perhaps (most likely), in the event that one of the other big guys goes down.  Keeps the offense in rythmn, potentially.

Evans is a high 4.4 runner, with good hands, and a complete dominator in the jump ball department, as a result of his massive frame and outstanding body control.  He is a stop and start runner.  He is not a lumberer.
I'm so, so glaf you liked the pick my brother. Honestly when we passed on Johnny I was a little worried you'd be sick, and think Evans was a Turrible idea. I'm glad you are happy :) I am too and im a big Manzealot.

He's a Brown now and Brown is the color of poop! Bucs win!  8)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#106 : May 09, 2014, 02:44:07 PM

Kids a beast reminds me of Brandon Marshall or Calvin he's gonna beast easily

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#107 : May 09, 2014, 02:45:38 PM

So in the Sports science bit Evans accelerated a tenth of a second slower than Watkins....People are complaining he is slow? He accelerates well, can beat a jam from any CB, and is a HUGE target in the RZ. Where is the problem here?

All I know is he pushes off the DB a lot. Like almost every play. It's not hidden or tricky at all. It's blatant and it won't work in the NFL. So to me that is the #1 thing he has to correct right away.
Probably one of the things that works really well in the NFL.

Offensive PI is pretty rare

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#108 : May 09, 2014, 02:50:51 PM

There are ways to do it and not get caught if you are smart about it. He is not smart about it. Go watch his highlights and look for it. It's very obvious. Just something that needs to be improved. Maybe VJax can help him with that also. I hope VJax is ready to give 110% as a mentor and Evans is ready to give 110% to being the student.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#109 : May 09, 2014, 02:52:47 PM

There are ways to do it and not get caught if you are smart about it. He is not smart about it. Go watch his highlights and look for it. It's very obvious. Just something that needs to be improved. Maybe VJax can help him with that also. I hope VJax is ready to give 110% as a mentor and Evans is ready to give 110% to being the student.
I agree that he pushes off fairly frequently, I just don't think he does it any differently that Brandon Marshall, Roddy White or Boldin.

SDBucs

Second String

#110 : May 09, 2014, 02:55:57 PM

Do some of you people HONESTLY believe Evans was a "panic move"??

I mean that's just moronic.

We have had MONTHS to prepare for this draft, I am 100% certain our staff has gone through almost every possible scenario of who might end up at 7. Clearly Evans was the player they deemed fit for that certain scenario. A panic pick at #7? Like really?
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Evans is going to be nasty in Tedford's offense « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools