Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Miami Heat are nothing without Lebron « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

Mr.Badass

Rookie

: May 28, 2014, 10:34:30 PM

Tonights game is a hallmark reminder of that commonly known fact. 

Lebron was temporarily benched for excessive fouls in the 3rd -- the Heat were up by 12. As soon as he came out the Pacers went on a scoring spree. 3:00 later the 3rd quarter ended with the Pacers up by 5.
: May 28, 2014, 10:39:21 PM Mr.Badass

Mr.Badass

Rookie

#1 : May 28, 2014, 11:18:02 PM

That temporary benching proved to be detrimental, as the Heat just lost a nail biter by 3.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#2 : May 29, 2014, 08:17:14 AM

Good!

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 29, 2014, 08:46:15 AM

"Temporarily Benched"?  He played the least minutes of any playoff game this year.  He spent half of the game on the bench.  That's a little more than "temporarily" being on the bench.

And also, they barely lost.  So the Heat being "nothing" without James is an overstatement as well.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 29, 2014, 10:23:45 AM

Take away the greatest player in the game and of course the team suffers. Rashard ain't having another game like that...but he won't have to. James will bounce back and the heat will win another title. Ugh.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
#5 : May 29, 2014, 11:35:48 AM

They don't need James to play 48 minutes, they have zebras.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 29, 2014, 07:59:46 PM

This was a hot topic on talk radio today. I didn't watch the game, but the consensus seemed to be, all the fouls but one were ticky tack.  Maybe the zebras just wanted t send him a message or whatever.

The more interesting part of that game was Stephenson blowing in Lebron's ear.   WTH?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#7 : May 30, 2014, 03:49:04 AM

Lance is an idiot.

Nothing without Lebron? Yeah, Bosh hits that 3 and they probably would have won.

Most teams struggle if their top player goes down.

Hoping Indiana can pul of the miracle or SA or OKC can stop the three-peat.

How about those Rangers?

seanbassak

Pro Bowler

#8 : June 02, 2014, 11:31:03 AM

Lol I laughed my ass off when he brew in LeBron's ear. Anyways, go Heat. It's always nice to see a championship in Florida.

Not living, just killing time.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 02, 2014, 09:36:26 PM

Lance is an idiot.

Nothing without Lebron? Yeah, Bosh hits that 3 and they probably would have won.

Most teams struggle if their top player goes down.

Hoping Indiana can pul of the miracle or SA or OKC can stop the three-peat.

How about those Rangers?

I saw a Larry Bird interview today. He was surprisingly cool, calm and collected. He wants Stephenson back with the team, but they won't overpay him. His tone seemed to be, they won't blow up the team. They just need a few tweaks here and there.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 03, 2014, 10:36:21 AM

Larry Bird was a huge trash talker, but in a funny way.  I once saw him and Ainge go at it in a 3 point contest with just the two of them, funny stuff

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\'s Cancer Center

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : June 03, 2014, 11:27:57 AM

The Heat wouldn't be as good as they are obviously.  They would probably be like the Bobcats.

RedwoodOriginal5

Starter

#12 : June 03, 2014, 03:39:36 PM

Agreed, hate when everyone is trying to claim that Lebron has so much help around him. No disrespect to the other players but most of them are old depth players, and DWade and Bosh aren't putting up the same #s before the whole Big 3 thing happened.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#13 : June 03, 2014, 09:08:29 PM

How about those Rangers?

Who are these "Rangers" you speak of?  I joke with people when they bring up hockey, I say, I am not sure which end of the stick you are supposed to hold.

But a lot of people are saying the hockey finals this year, have been way better than the NBA finals.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 04, 2014, 12:19:35 PM

LOL @ this thread. So 5 players on the court per team. So your telling me that taking one of the best players to ever play the game off of his team (20%) of the players on the court and replacing him with an average player that the heat are much worse? Wow, you really shed some light on things there.

Let's compare that to football. 22 people play on a team, so if you take away 20% of the team that's 4.4 players. So we'll say 5 because you can't have half a player. So your thread is essentially saying that if the Superbowl Bucs team took away Lynch, Barber, Sapp, Alstott and let's say Keyshawn Johnson that they would be not nearly as good. Gee thanks, I'll call USA Today for an interview....

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Miami Heat are nothing without Lebron « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools