Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Miami Heat are nothing without Lebron « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 15, 2014, 11:45:35 PM

How much more help does he need? Maybe he should just call up Melo, Paul, Howard, and Harden.

My point is how much help did he have this past season?  He scored the most points for the Heat during the season, no surprise there. Then the next guy on the list scored 200 less points. The Big 3 was a joke. It was the Big 1.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 15, 2014, 11:47:23 PM

Good for them, and its nice they could win it on their home court.  Gotta give LeBron props. After the final buzzer he gave love and respect to every Spur player and their coaches.

Yep, about 5 minutes after he quit and walked down the court after missing his final shot.

He needs help. They may try to lure Carmelo down there.  Wade and Bosh and Ray Allen should just retire. Mario Chalmers contributed nothing.

How much more help does he need? Maybe he should just call up Melo, Paul, Howard, and Harden.

No kidding, the guy ran away from Cleveland like a coward, admitting to the world he can't carry a team. "He needs more help" is the last thing anyone should be saying, he ran and found his help. If not for Ray Allen bailing him out at the end of game 6 last year, Lebron would be stuck on one title, probably forever.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 15, 2014, 11:54:44 PM

No kidding, the guy ran away from Cleveland like a coward, admitting to the world he can't carry a team. "He needs more help" is the last thing anyone should be saying, he ran and found his help. If not for Ray Allen bailing him out at the end of game 6 last year, Lebron would be stuck on one title, probably forever.

True.  But every superstar has his sidekick.  MJ/Scotty for example.

The real blame goes to Pat Riley. The Spurs depth just absolutely destroyed the Heat depth.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#33 : June 16, 2014, 12:04:41 AM

The real blame goes to Pat Riley. The Spurs depth just absolutely destroyed the Heat depth.

Right, nobody does it completely alone, but as you know MJ didn't run to a team to join up with Pippen, he just got lucky to have him as a teammate. My main issue with Lebron is that he's by far the most protected player in the history of the NBA in terms of officiating, and his horrible leadership ability. He's constantly compared to Jordan and I find that laughable, as I said before, no Jordan led team would ever get crushed like that three games in a row, or lose each game of the Finals by 15 or more points.

Lebron's demeanor completely changed in the 2nd quarter when SA went on their run. The SECOND quarter, that's just inexcusable for a guy many feel is one of the greatest ever (I don't). He's so mentally weak compared to the true greats, Jordan would have forced Lebron into an early retirement if they played in the same era.

My guess is Lebron opts out and runs to the Clippers or back to Cleveland.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 16, 2014, 12:14:17 AM

Right, nobody does it completely alone, but as you know MJ didn't run to a team to join up with Pippen, he just got lucky to have him as a teammate. My main issue with Lebron is that he's by far the most protected player in the history of the NBA in terms of officiating, and his horrible leadership ability. He's constantly compared to Jordan and I find that laughable, as I said before, no Jordan led team would ever get crushed like that three games in a row, or lose each game of the Finals by 15 or more points.

Lebron's demeanor completely changed in the 2nd quarter when SA went on their run. The SECOND quarter, that's just inexcusable for a guy many feel is one of the greatest ever (I don't). He's so mentally weak compared to the true greats, Jordan would have forced Lebron into an early retirement if they played in the same era.

I can't really argue one bit of that TBH.  I don't hate him or love him.  [ I am sitting here thinking how did I get into the position of defending LeBron?]

But anyway, my opinion is, there may never be another MJ. And I agree, comparing him to MJ is crazy talk.

One thing I will say is,  he appears to be a decent person. He has 2 young boys. And I don't believe he has ever been in any kind of trouble with the police.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 16, 2014, 08:19:06 AM

The more you talk about Lebron, the more you discredit the Spurs. They would have still lost if Lebron scored 40+ each game. The Spurs depth is flat out amazing and they outplayed Miami as a whole.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 16, 2014, 09:40:47 AM

Yep. This was about Leonard, the Spurs and their depth and the greatness of Pop.

Lebron had little support in this series and no bench. Not much more he could have done. And I'm just as big of a Lebron hater as anybody else.
: June 16, 2014, 09:42:54 AM ufojoe

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 16, 2014, 11:55:18 AM

i think the lebron hate is misguided.  i dont love the guy, and i usually root against him.  but to dismiss the player he is is crazy talk to me.  does he have the killer instinct of MJ?  no, he doesnt.  but that doesnt mean hes not a leader, or not clutch or not an amazing player.  maybe spolstra isnt the leader that phil jackson is?  ray allen was signed to hit 3 pointers...and thats a negative on lebron?  i seem to remember kerr and paxson hitting some clutch shots also.

and you also gotta be naive to realize that jordan played in a time before real free agency.  had free agency been around, you can be sure that the Bulls would have surrounded him with available talent.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#38 : June 16, 2014, 01:12:12 PM

2-3 in Finals?  Don't ever ever ever compare him to MJ again....ever.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : June 16, 2014, 01:17:11 PM

Better question, who would you compare lebron to? And would you ever compare anyone to MJ?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#40 : June 16, 2014, 04:15:55 PM

The more you talk about Lebron, the more you discredit the Spurs. They would have still lost if Lebron scored 40+ each game. The Spurs depth is flat out amazing and they outplayed Miami as a whole.

Lebron doesn't make the players around him better like a true super star should, that's the point. I remember against Orlando in the 2009 playoffs he had huge games pretty much ever night, but he lost the series. This is what I'm talking about when I say he has no leadership and that he's vastly overrated, everyone keeps talking about how he had no help but it's nonsense. We know the name Kerr, Armstrong, Kukoc, etc not because they were great players, but because by playing with Jordan they elevated their games. For almost his entire career people have been saying Lebron doesn't have help (even now which is absolutely absurd), the reality is he just doesn't make the players around him better like the greats did.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 16, 2014, 04:22:03 PM

i think the lebron hate is misguided.  i dont love the guy, and i usually root against him.  but to dismiss the player he is is crazy talk to me.  does he have the killer instinct of MJ?  no, he doesnt.  but that doesnt mean hes not a leader, or not clutch or not an amazing player.  maybe spolstra isnt the leader that phil jackson is?  ray allen was signed to hit 3 pointers...and thats a negative on lebron?  i seem to remember kerr and paxson hitting some clutch shots also.

and you also gotta be naive to realize that jordan played in a time before real free agency.  had free agency been around, you can be sure that the Bulls would have surrounded him with available talent.

But would Jordan ever call up Barkley or Reggie and say hey guys lets team up. Never, and you know it. Lebron didn't stay with a franchise and have help brought in, he bolted from his franchise because he couldn't handle the pressure of being the main guy. He figured he could go to Miami with Bosh and if things went wrong he'd have two other stars that could shield him from the blame.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#42 : June 17, 2014, 08:47:24 AM

But would Jordan ever call up Barkley or Reggie and say hey guys lets team up. Never, and you know it. Lebron didn't stay with a franchise and have help brought in, he bolted from his franchise because he couldn't handle the pressure of being the main guy. He figured he could go to Miami with Bosh and if things went wrong he'd have two other stars that could shield him from the blame.

I disagree, James went to Miami because he saw it as an easy opportunity for rings. While it is clear that James is no MJ, he is still a top 25 all time player, and arguably the best SF ever. 

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 17, 2014, 10:25:42 AM

Dude, just admit you are a Lebron hater. People tend to forget Jordan didn't get his rings until his all-star cast was brought to Chicago. Lebron in Cleveland was like Barry Sanders in Detroit. Also going to the Championship for four straight years and winning two is pretty freaking good.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#44 : June 17, 2014, 11:49:14 AM

But would Jordan ever call up Barkley or Reggie and say hey guys lets team up. Never, and you know it.

Never.  Not even HOF'er Dennis Rodman.

It always gets left out of these conversations that Jordan was able to play with another HOF'er and member of the NBA's 50th Anniversary team almost his entire career in Scottie Pippen.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Miami Heat are nothing without Lebron « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools